The 3 Best Marketing Moments of September 2021
Autumn brought on not just gold leaves, but golden marketing moments as well. Continuing the seemingly running trend of the year, the most memorable campaigns came as a result of tapping into nostalgia. Below, we have selected three of the best marketing moments of September. Coincidentally, all are vintage-inspired ads.
1. Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s pairing up with Adult Swim to bring up nostalgic memories through food
Firstly, let’s talk about sister companies Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s as one of the best marketing moments of September. They partnered up with Cartoon Network to create meals inspired by Adult Swim, the channel’s late-night programming block.
The collaboration comes as a celebration of Adult Swim’s 20th anniversary and it consists of a range of hot honey chicken sandwiches. Anyone who orders the special meal before November 7 will receive a gift. This consists of merch cups and exclusive figurines representing popular series like “Robot Chicken” and “Metalocalypse”.
In addition to announcing this through a press release, TV ads have also been run to promote the campaign. Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s announced that they will be hosting three ‘Friday Happy-thons’ on Adult Swim in certain markets in October.
This is a smart move on the restaurants’ side, as Adult Swim’s popularity has been on the rise this year as a result of a viral TikTok trend where creators recreated nostalgic Adult Swim channel ads.
With this campaign, the restaurant chains are joining the consumer nostalgia trend as a differentiator in a very competitive chicken sandwich market.
2. Coca-Cola launches global campaign centered around sharing moments
With the purpose of a brand refresh, Coca-Cola is modifying its logo design! They will also incorporate, new art, animations, photography, and illustrations created by independent artists.
To promote the revamp, Coca-Cola launched a global campaign titled “One Coke Away From Each Other” on September 27th. Significantly, this is the first brand refresh the company has done in five years.
As part of the campaign the brand introduced a new platform called “Real Magic,” which celebrates the unique and important moments of togetherness between people in a constantly divisive world. This was accompanied by a code hunt on Twitch.
The move aims to expand the brand’s global consumer base by tapping into experiences that speak to a divided society in need of community and connection. They spread the message across all copy and visual content used for the campaign.
To strengthen this position even further, Coca-Cola has exited Coke’s logo into a “hug” – its letters are resembling what they would look like wrapped around a soda bottle.
3. Pepsi and Doja Cat bring a homage to ‘Grease’ in a campaign debuting vintage soda flavors
Coke is not the only popular cola company that made it to the best marketing moments of September list!
Pepsi has announced the launch of an advertising campaign that reimagines the well-known musical Grease with the help of the iconic star Doja Cat. The campaign, developed with agency VaynerMedia, debuts two limited-edition flavors which hit retail shelves on the 20th of September. Suitably, these flavors were created to reminisce soda shops of the ’50s and ’60s.
The TV spot features a modernized take on Grease’s famous song “You’re the One That I Want.” Moreover, the video is set in familiar locations, including Rydell High and a soda shop similar to the restaurant where Pepsi appeared in the 1978 film adaptation of Grease.
Playing the role that historically has gone to men, Doja Cat is on the hunt for new Pepsi-Cola Soda Shop flavors, flipping an ending that can be considered slightly controversial.
With this marketing project, the soft drink company is trying to create a connection between new and old areas of pop culture.
Similar to the previously mentioned campaigns, Pepsi noticed nostalgia as a growing theme in popular media. This manifested in recreations of streaming shows and films from the early ‘90s and 2000s, the popularity of vintage fashion, and the resurgence of childhood hobbies such as Pokémon card-collecting or playing Animal Crossing.
Market researchers believe that these common trends are indicative of consumers increasingly searching for outlets to get them to unplug. So, they’re yearning to turn back time to a moment with less uncertainty and anxiety.
“On a psychological level, when people are in times of stress or uncertainty, they look for comfort,” said Todd Kaplan, Pepsi’s Vice President of Marketing. “Indulgence is one way and nostalgia — simpler times — is another way. That’s where these trends have really bubbled to the top.”
Additionally, the original stage show celebrates its 50th anniversary this year, adding a valuable timely element to the campaign.
Bonus moment: Hyundai and Vans design Roblox experiences to connect through the metaverse
Finally, here’s a bonus campaign we want to highlight as one of the best marketing moments of September. Hyundai and Vans jumped on the “Roblox” train by creating their own metaverses on the platform.
In the “Hyundai Mobility Adventure” players will be able to experience the company’s future mobility products in five theme parks. Likewise, in “Vans World” players will be able to practice tricks and try on gear in a virtual skatepark.
What was your favorite marketing campaign of the month? Let us know your favorites and make sure to check out the rest of the series here.
- Marketing Tips 5 Proven Ways Online Mockups Help Emails Stand Out
- Design Tips The Best Guide To Successful Parental Control Design
- Marketing Tips 4 Helpful And Creative Offline Advertising Techniques That Stand Out
- Marketing Tips The Best 25 Video Editing Software for Marketers to Use in 2023
- Mockups & Templates Brand New Gift Tag Mockups For Innovative And Realistic Previews
- Mockups & Templates 13 Buyer Persona Templates That Will Make Your Life Easier
- Mockups & Templates How To Easily Create A Clothing Size Chart + 14 Templates
- Mockups & Templates New iPhone App Mockups: 8 Vibrant Digital Marketing Banners
- Marketing Tips Best LinkedIn Image and Video Size in 2023
- Mockups & Templates 13 New Rollup Mockup Templates Exclusive To Mediamodifier
- Mockups & Templates 11 New Fantastic Packaging Label Templates To Impress Your Customers
- Marketing Tips 10 Reasons To Pay For Professional Mockups
- Marketing Tips How to Sell Digital Downloads on Etsy – The Ultimate Guide
- Mockups & Templates Maximize Customer Loyalty with 12 Awesome Customizable Reward Card Templates
- Marketing Tips Introducing The Guest Post Guidelines For Mediamodifier Blog
- Mockups & Templates 10 New Logo Templates You Can Use For Your Print Company
- Design Tips The Best 7 Colors to Use for Your Social Media Posts in 2023
- Marketing Tips 4 Useful Tactics That Will Boost Your Website’s Conversion Rates
- Tutorials How to Request a Custom Mockup
- Marketing Tips The BEST Marketing Calendar 2023 + 12 FREE Post Templates
- Marketing Tips The Complete Guide To Image Licenses In Marketing
- Mockups & Templates 10 Awesome Christmas Mockup Templates For Last Minute Marketing
- Marketing Tips Video Ads 101: Do They Work, and How To Use Them?
- Mockups & Templates 16 Corporate Stationery Mockup Templates For Beautiful Previews
- Blog 5 of the Best Design and Mockups Affiliate Programs Compared
- Mockups & Templates 10 TV Mockup Templates For Quick Marketing Images
- Mockups & Templates Free Neon Backgrounds with Instant Download
- Mockups & Templates Must Try: 9 Volatile and Practical Collage Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips What Is an Employer Branding Specialist, and Do You Need One?
- Design Tips Turn Boring Photos into Artwork with PNG Shadows (50 Free Overlays)
- Mockups & Templates 16 Incredibly Useful Print Mockup Templates For POD Businesses
- Design Tips 40 Free Organic SVG Backgrounds From Mediamodifier
- Blog Affiliate Marketing Trends to Keep an Eye on in 2023 | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates The 9 Best 3D Browser Mockups for Previewing Your Website
- Mockups & Templates 10 Clothing Mockups With Models You Should Use For Your Online Business
- Mockups & Templates What Does Mockup Mean? – A Beginner’s Guide to Mockups
- Tutorials Mockup API – The Complete Guide
- Blog TikTok & The Music Industry: The Impact of Viral Content
- Blog 3 Tips to Improve the Quality of a Mockup
- Mockups & Templates 15 Greeting Card Mockups With Flowers
- Mockups & Templates 10 Most Popular Website Screen Browser Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips 4 Failproof Ways To Make Money on TikTok
- Mockups & Templates 11 Beautiful Poster Mockups To Preview Your Designs and Artwork
- Blog Best Types of Affiliate Marketing Content | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 11 Business Card Mockups For Quick Professional Previews
- Design Tips Can AI Generate a Product Mockup? We Tested All the Tools to Find Out!
- Mockups & Templates Free Podium Backgrounds for a Stunning Product Showcase
- Blog Logo Design 101: 5 Reasons You Need a New One and How to Nail It
- Mockups & Templates iPhone 14 Mockup Templates With Colorful Backgrounds
- News New Feature: Edit Brightness/Contrast of a Mockup Layer
- Mockups & Templates 6 Loungewear Mockup Templates to Showcase Your Apparel Designs
- Tutorials How to Change the Instagram Story Default Background
- Mockups & Templates 21 Logo Mockup Templates Available in the Mediamodifier Generator
- Mockups & Templates 14 Professional Samsung Galaxy Fold Mockup Templates
- Design Tips How to Add Animated GIF to an Image
- Mockups & Templates 33 Beautiful Blanket Mockup Templates to Use Right Now
- Marketing Tips How to Present a Logo to a Client – 5 Useful Tips
- Blog Tips to Achieve Affiliate Marketing Success | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 Quiz Templates for Instagram Stories to Boost Your Engagement Fast
- Tutorials How to Use the Mediamodifier Mockup Generator for Free
- News Now Is The Best Time to Invest in Mediamodifier
- Blog How to Get Started with Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- News 6 Instagram Updates You Need to Know About – July 2022
- Blog What is Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 FREE Social Media Templates to Celebrate Pride Month
- Marketing Tips The Marketing Budgets of Big Companies
- Tutorials How to Add a Screenshot to a Computer Screen Stock Photo
- Marketing Tips The Secret to Promoting Your Product with Models
- Design Tips How to Create an Infographic Online With Mediamodifier
- News You Can Now Download SVG Vector Illustration Sets From Mediamodifier
- NFT NFTs: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Blog 8 Tools to Help You Become More Organized, From a Very Unorganized Person
- Design Tips Need Some Font Inspiration? Try These 5 Fonts Available on Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips 6 Websites That Will Make It Easier to Stay on Track When Working From Home
- Marketing Tips Make Your Work Easier With These 10 Productivity Tools
- Mockups & Templates How and Why to Use Client Testimonials + 5 Free Templates
- Tutorials How to Make an Online Invoice With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips Case Study: This User Creates Etsy Listings In Seconds With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips The Best POD Tools for a Successful Print-On-Demand Business
- Marketing Tips Case Study: Etsy Star Seller Increased Their Production Speed by 90% With Our Tool
- Design Tips Improve Design Skills With These 6 Projects
- NFT A Look Into the Future of NFT: What Will the Space Look Like in 10 Years?
- Mockups & Templates 10 Easter Instagram Post Templates That You Can Publish in Seconds
- News Spring Sale: Mediamodifier PRO Annual Plan Now 50% Off!
- Marketing Tips Use These Social Media Job Post Templates to Attract the Best Talent
- Marketing Tips 6 TED Talks That All Marketing Students Should Watch
- Marketing Tips 4 Elon Musk Marketing Tips You Could Apply Today
- Marketing Tips April Fools’ Day Marketing Ideas: 4 Brilliant Ideas [Updated 2023]
- Design Tips The Ultimate Design Cheat Sheet for Students
- News New Feature: Mediamodifier Team Accounts Plan
- Mockups & Templates How to Design a LinkedIn Banner for Your Profile
- Blog Introducing the New Mediamodifier Website
- Marketing Tips 5 Ways Mockups Are The Eco-Friendly Marketing Tools of the Future
- News New Feature: SVG Illustrations Inside the Mediamodifier Design Editor
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips to Get More Clients for Your Small Business
- Marketing Tips 5 of the Best Marketing TikTok Pages to Follow for Inspiration and Advice
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Social Media Posts Without Publishing Them
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips for Taking Better Product Photos
- Design Tips 5 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Used to Be Designers
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in March 2023
- Design Tips 8 Design Tips for Making a Good Concept Even Better
- Marketing Tips 5 Common Misconceptions About Social Media Managers
- Marketing Tips Improve Your Content With These 6 Tools For Small Businesses
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Product Packaging Online (Mockup Tool Tutorial)
- Design Tips 5 Principles of Psychology You Can Use to Improve A Design
- Marketing Tips 3 Smart Valentine’s Day Marketing Ideas To Promote Your Business
- News Why You Should Use This WordPress PoD Plugin for Your Store
- Mockups & Templates 20 Valentine’s Day Card Templates (That You Can Use Right Now)
- NFT 3 Reasons to Use an NFT Maker
- Marketing Tips Print on Demand: 6 Easy Steps to Start a Profitable Side Business
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in February 2023
- News This New Feature Makes It Even Easier To Use Our Mockup Editor
- Marketing Tips 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Marketing Budget
- Marketing Tips Starting a Small Business? 5 Things You’re Forgetting to Do
- NFT How to Use the Mediamodifier NFT Maker
- Mockups & Templates Boost Your Engagement: 9 Instagram Story Ideas
- Design Tips The Best 5 Colors to Use for Your Social Media in 2022
- Marketing Tips Ultimate Social Media Size Guide [Updated July 2022]
- Showroom Design Preview on Two Posters Mockup in Underground Metro Station
- Showroom Poster Design Preview on a Underground Metro Station Poster Mockup
- Showroom Logo or Design Preview on a Hanging Kitchen Towel
- Showroom Logo Design Preview in a Delivery Box in Front Of a House Doorstep
- Showroom Mockup Preview of Delivery Box on House Doorstep