Instagram is currently one of the most popular social media platforms in the world with more that one billion users.
What started as a place to showcase personal photos with little to no explanation, became a powerful tool of self-promotion.
Now, people spend more time there than on any other social media platform.
No wonder that brands heavily use this tool for their marketing purposes, as well.
With more businesses coming to the platform, the content posted on Instagram transforms immensely.
Professional, polished images and texts replaced the amateur pictures and simple captions. Now, Instagram accounts require tons of attention. Posts are created meticulously and take lots of time.
Add to that the introduction of Stories, the making of which also became an art of its own. And it’s quite obvious that an Instagram post or a series of interesting Stories nowadays are too precious of a treasure to be wasted in a couple of days. So, is there any way to make it live longer?
There is: make it evergreen!
In this article, we’ll show you some working ideas to save a lot of time and effort on content creation. The first tip is that you can always outsource your captions or market research to essaypro.com.
Let’s move on with our topic. And first, we have to define the following.
What Is Evergreen Content?
There are evergreen trees, like pine-trees, or evergreen jazz standards, like “What a Wonderful World.” In the age of social media and digital marketing, there is also evergreen content.
Like a pine-tree stays green all year, like jazz standards remain relevant for decades, so an evergreen piece of content is always timely. Evergreen content is something that stays relevant for months and years, can be used on different platforms, and continues to draw your audience’s attention to your account, blog, or site all year round.
On the contrary, content that’s not evergreen is:
- Tied to a specific event;
- Uses current statistic figures;
- Relies too much on hype and hot topics.
An in-between type is something that’s tied to a holiday – like a list of Christmas presents or a Thanksgiving turkey recipe. This content can’t be used all year round, but the holidays happen yearly – so, it can be reused numerous times (more about it later).
What Types of Content Can Become Evergreen?
Most types of content can be used as evergreen. More depends not on the specific type, but on what information you use to make your concrete post.
Still, there are types that are more suitable for being always relevant. These are:
- Tutorials and how-to’s;
- Historical info;
All of them work well on any platform. But, of course, you should take into consideration the differences between the different channels you spread your content through.
What Content Performs Best on Instagram?
Instagram emerged in 2010 as a platform for posting images. Now, 10 years later, it hasn’t changed much!
Brands still strongly believe in images as a major traffic attraction. Images make up for 76,1% of all Instagram posts published between 2014 and 2019, a study shows.
The next most popular type is video, but the gap in popularity is huge. Carousel posts are the least common – but they are better for engagement, as people spend more time swiping through them. Also, they get more likes.
What about texts? They shouldn’t be too long – a caption of 10 words and a few emojis is the best formula. In reality, a lot of posts are much longer, but you should be careful – most audiences on Instagram don’t want to read that much.
So, if you want your post to perform well on Instagram, you should upload:
- attractive, quality images;
- videos that engage;
- carousels with image galleries or one image and pieces of text;
- short, concise texts with emojis.
All that said, how do you make Instagram posts that stay evergreen? Below are a few working tips.
Ideas on How to Make Your Instagram Content Evergreen
To make your Instagram posts last longer, you should use the top-performing types for this platform and make them meet the requirements for evergreen content. Here’s what you can do.
1. Tutorials and how-to videos
It may seem that tutorials are more natural to YouTube – but think about beauty or food bloggers! If your niche is tutorial-friendly, don’t hesitate to use this type. If you’re a brand, then showing how your product is made in a video is a perfect bet.
You can post your full video using Instagram’s IGTV with a preview in your feed or just make a hyperlapse version and post it directly to your feed – both ways work.
2. Image galleries
Image galleries in a scrollable post is another great way to create evergreen content. Choose something perennial and breathtaking – like the views of nature, best fashion shots, art. Brands can also make a gallery of their best-selling products of all time.
A list is a great way to keep your caption really short. If your audience doesn’t like to read too much, just make a carousel and name each picture on your list.
If your followers do read texts, you can always extend your list by making longer descriptions.
Testimonials are timeless if you manage to gather them. And Stories Highlights is a perfect way to collect them in one place. Make testimonials work for you all year round, day after day.
If you choose really interesting, enthusiastic testimonials and mount them as a 2-3 minute videos that you will put in your stories highlights, it will most probably work for you like magic.
5. Short Announcements
You can also use Instagram to announce evergreen content or your other resources. People don’t like to read much on this platform, but if you make a catchy ad of, for example, a top-performing article in your blog and give a link for it in your bio or Stories, the people will most likely click on it.
Here, we’ve given you a glimpse of what quality evergreen content for Instagram should be like. Listed above are just a few ideas, but now, when you know the main principles, you can come up with more of them yourself. Good luck!
- Marketing Tips How to Sell Digital Downloads on Etsy – The Ultimate Guide
- Marketing Tips Introducing The Guest Post Guidelines For Mediamodifier Blog
- Mockups & Templates 10 New Logo Templates You Can Use For Your Print Company
- Design Tips The Best 7 Colors to Use for Your Social Media Posts in 2023
- Marketing Tips 4 Useful Tactics That Will Boost Your Website’s Conversion Rates
- Tutorials How to Request a Custom Mediamodifier Mockup
- Marketing Tips The BEST Marketing Calendar 2023 + 12 FREE Post Templates
- Marketing Tips The Complete Guide To Image Licenses In Marketing
- Mockups & Templates 10 Awesome Christmas Mockup Templates For Last Minute Marketing
- Marketing Tips Video Ads 101: Do They Work, and How To Use Them?
- Mockups & Templates 16 Corporate Stationery Mockup Templates For Beautiful Previews
- Blog 5 of the Best Design and Mockups Affiliate Programs Compared
- Mockups & Templates 10 TV Mockup Templates For Quick Marketing Images
- Mockups & Templates Free Neon Backgrounds with Instant Download
- Mockups & Templates Must Try: 9 Volatile and Practical Collage Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips What Is an Employer Branding Specialist, and Do You Need One?
- Design Tips Turn Boring Photos into Artwork with PNG Shadows (50 Free Overlays)
- Mockups & Templates 16 Incredibly Useful Print Mockup Templates For POD Businesses
- Design Tips 40 Free Organic SVG Backgrounds From Mediamodifier
- Blog Affiliate Marketing Trends to Keep an Eye on in 2023 | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates The 9 Best 3D Browser Mockups for Previewing Your Website
- Mockups & Templates 10 Clothing Mockups With Models You Should Use For Your Online Business
- Mockups & Templates What Does Mockup Mean? – A Beginner’s Guide to Mockups
- Tutorials Mockup API – The Complete Guide
- Blog TikTok & The Music Industry: The Impact of Viral Content
- Blog 3 Tips to Improve the Quality of a Mockup
- Mockups & Templates 15 Greeting Card Mockups With Flowers
- Mockups & Templates 10 Most Popular Website Screen Browser Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips 4 Failproof Ways To Make Money on TikTok
- Mockups & Templates 11 Beautiful Poster Mockups To Preview Your Designs and Artwork
- Blog Best Types of Affiliate Marketing Content | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 11 Business Card Mockups For Quick Professional Previews
- Design Tips Can AI Generate a Product Mockup? We Tested All the Tools to Find Out!
- Mockups & Templates Free Podium Backgrounds for a Stunning Product Showcase
- Blog Logo Design 101: 5 Reasons You Need a New One and How to Nail It
- Mockups & Templates iPhone 14 Mockup Templates With Colorful Backgrounds
- News New Feature: Edit Brightness/Contrast of a Mockup Layer
- Mockups & Templates 6 Loungewear Mockup Templates to Showcase Your Apparel Designs
- Tutorials How to Change the Instagram Story Default Background
- Mockups & Templates 21 Logo Mockup Templates Available in the Mediamodifier Generator
- Mockups & Templates 14 Professional Samsung Galaxy Fold Mockup Templates
- Design Tips How to Add Animated GIF to an Image
- Mockups & Templates 33 Beautiful Blanket Mockup Templates to Use Right Now
- Marketing Tips How to Present a Logo to a Client – 5 Useful Tips
- Blog Tips to Achieve Affiliate Marketing Success | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 Quiz Templates for Instagram Stories to Boost Your Engagement Fast
- Tutorials How to Use the Mediamodifier Mockup Generator for Free
- News Now Is The Best Time to Invest in Mediamodifier
- Blog How to Get Started with Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- News 6 Instagram Updates You Need to Know About – July 2022
- Blog What is Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 FREE Social Media Templates to Celebrate Pride Month
- Marketing Tips The Marketing Budgets of Big Companies
- Tutorials How to Add a Screenshot to a Computer Screen Stock Photo
- Marketing Tips The Secret to Promoting Your Product with Models
- Design Tips How to Create an Infographic Online With Mediamodifier
- News You Can Now Download SVG Vector Illustration Sets From Mediamodifier
- NFT NFTs: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Blog 8 Tools to Help You Become More Organized, From a Very Unorganized Person
- Design Tips Need Some Font Inspiration? Try These 5 Fonts Available on Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips 6 Websites That Will Make It Easier to Stay on Track When Working From Home
- Marketing Tips Make Your Work Easier With These 10 Productivity Tools
- Mockups & Templates How and Why to Use Client Testimonials + 5 Free Templates
- Tutorials How to Make an Online Invoice With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips Case Study: This User Creates Etsy Listings In Seconds With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips The Best POD Tools for a Successful Print-On-Demand Business
- Marketing Tips Case Study: Etsy Star Seller Increased Their Production Speed by 90% With Our Tool
- Design Tips Improve Design Skills With These 6 Projects
- NFT A Look Into the Future of NFT: What Will the Space Look Like in 10 Years?
- Mockups & Templates 10 Easter Instagram Post Templates That You Can Publish in Seconds
- News Spring Sale: Mediamodifier PRO Annual Plan Now 50% Off!
- Marketing Tips Use These Social Media Job Post Templates to Attract the Best Talent
- Marketing Tips 6 TED Talks That All Marketing Students Should Watch
- Marketing Tips 4 Elon Musk Marketing Tips You Could Apply Today
- Marketing Tips April Fools’ Day Marketing Ideas: 4 Brilliant Ideas for 2022
- Design Tips The Ultimate Design Cheat Sheet for Students
- News New Feature: Mediamodifier Team Accounts Plan
- Mockups & Templates How to Design a LinkedIn Banner for Your Profile
- Blog Introducing the New Mediamodifier Website
- Marketing Tips 5 Ways Mockups Are The Eco-Friendly Marketing Tools of the Future
- News New Feature: SVG Illustrations Inside the Mediamodifier Design Editor
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips to Get More Clients for Your Small Business
- Marketing Tips 5 of the Best Marketing TikTok Pages to Follow for Inspiration and Advice
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Social Media Posts Without Publishing Them
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips for Taking Better Product Photos
- Design Tips 5 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Used to Be Designers
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in March 2022
- Design Tips 8 Design Tips for Making a Good Concept Even Better
- Marketing Tips 5 Common Misconceptions About Social Media Managers
- Marketing Tips Improve Your Content With These 6 Tools For Small Businesses
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Product Packaging Online (Mockup Tool Tutorial)
- Design Tips 5 Principles of Psychology You Can Use to Improve A Design
- Marketing Tips 3 Smart Valentine’s Day Marketing Ideas To Promote Your Business
- News Why You Should Use This WordPress PoD Plugin for Your Store
- Mockups & Templates 20 Valentine’s Day Card Templates (That You Can Use Right Now)
- NFT 3 Reasons to Use an NFT Maker
- Marketing Tips Print on Demand: 6 Easy Steps to Start a Profitable Side Business
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in February 2022
- News This New Feature Makes It Even Easier To Use Our Mockup Editor
- Marketing Tips 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Marketing Budget
- Marketing Tips Starting a Small Business? 5 Things You’re Forgetting to Do
- NFT How to Use the Mediamodifier NFT Maker
- Mockups & Templates Boost Your Engagement: 9 Instagram Story Ideas
- Design Tips The Best 5 Colors to Use for Your Social Media in 2022
- Marketing Tips Ultimate Social Media Size Guide [Updated July 2022]
- Showroom iPhone Mockup Held in a Hand in Open Area
- Showroom iPhone 14 with AirPods Hovering around Photoshop PSD Mockup
- Showroom iPhone 14 Pro PSD Mockup with Simple Background
- Showroom iPhone 14 App Screen Mockup with a Wall Background
- Showroom Photoshop Mockup of iPhone 14 Pro with Floating Airpods
- Showroom Mockup of a Square Wood Frame on Wall with Shadows
- Showroom TV Mounted on Wall Photoshop PSD Mockup