February was shorter than other months, but that did not stop it from delivering the same amount of exciting marketing moments as any other. From the newest food ads to the Super Bowl, these are our favorite marketing moments.
1. McDonald’s Rainbows
McDonald’s is no stranger to good ads. Last year, the British agency Leo Burnett London put up some billboards that featured a list of ingredients. These make up some of the restaurant’s iconic products, including the Egg McMuffin and the Big Mac.
Even though the ads featured no logo, it was apparent to everyone what they symbolize. Everyone knows the McDonald’s font and color palette.
Now the agency is back at it again. Using the same concept of not disclosing the brand’s identity directly, the new campaign reinforces the iconic golden arches that normally make up the ‘M’ in the logo.
The “McDelivery Lights On” campaign consisted of three outdoor ads where the famous logo acts like a rainbow over buildings. This ad was meant to promote McDonald’s home delivery service while the UK continues nationwide lockdown.
This is a great example of the fact that simple and meaningful design is often more successful than visually-demanding ads. It also highlights the importance of a good logo that will create an association with your brand in less than a bat of an eye. If you want to give it a shot, check out Mediamodifier’s easy-to-use online design tool to convey your ideas into visuals.
2. KitKat’s Zoom Meeting
You probably have already seen this ad on social media. It went viral last month, especially on LinkedIn, and rightfully so. Using the iconic chocolate bars to replace the break slots in a Zoom-filled calendar, it’s arguably one of the most creative ways to visualize the brand’s slogan “Have a break, Have a KitKat!” Funnily enough, it wasn’t even created by KitKat themselves.
British illustrator Sam Hennig submitted the concept via One Minute Briefs, a creative platform that calls for quick responses to advertising briefs. Sometimes these are on behalf of a client, and other times a challenge is created just for fun. This case was the latter situation, reports Adweek.
The ad is another example reinforcing the fact that a good design does not need to be overly explained. Perhaps without the context required to understand it, it might seem random. But most people know the famous slogan and can understand the reference.
The virality of this picture brought a lot of attention to its author, but it also generated a lot of buzz around KitKat, bringing an enormous amount of free publicity. One thing is for sure: creativity never has a break.
3. Reddit’s Super Bowl Ad
Super Bowl is known for its highly expensive ads and a 30-second ad can cost $5.5M. Even though in recent years specialists have begun to question whether or not they are worth it, 2021’s edition of the event did not forget to deliver.
Among the many ads that were presented this year, Reddit turned out to have a rather creative and successful approach. The platform claims to have spent its entire marketing budget on one single ad this year – at five-second clip, the shortest Super Bowl ad in history.
The ad was just a screenshot of a Reddit post, definitely unreadable in the brief time it aired live. The platform was smart to capitalize on its recent moment in the spotlight, created by the GameStop situation.
As if this was not already smart enough, Reddit’s ad starts with a moment of car footage before cutting to the text. Live viewers wondered if this was all just a glitch, which generated even more talk about it online.
If you were not sure about just how big of an impact Super Bowl is believed to have, take this: The Weekend didn’t get paid a cent! In fact, he put $7 million of his own money into the show, considering it a good investment for his career in terms of publicity.
For many companies, spending millions on Super Bowl ads can be a gamble, but this one surely paid off. And with less than a million dollars!
Make sure to follow Mediamodifier on Instagram so you do not miss next month’s marketing moments recap.
- Marketing Tips Introducing The Guest Post Guidelines For Mediamodifier Blog
- Mockups & Templates 10 New Logo Templates You Can Use For Your Print Company
- Design Tips The Best 7 Colors to Use for Your Social Media Posts in 2023
- Marketing Tips 4 Useful Tactics That Will Boost Your Website’s Conversion Rates
- Tutorials How to Request a Custom Mediamodifier Mockup
- Marketing Tips The BEST Marketing Calendar 2023 + 12 FREE Post Templates
- Marketing Tips The Complete Guide To Image Licenses In Marketing
- Mockups & Templates 10 Awesome Christmas Mockup Templates For Last Minute Marketing
- Marketing Tips Video Ads 101: Do They Work, and How To Use Them?
- Mockups & Templates 16 Corporate Stationery Mockup Templates For Beautiful Previews
- Blog 5 of the Best Design and Mockups Affiliate Programs Compared
- Mockups & Templates 10 TV Mockup Templates For Quick Marketing Images
- Mockups & Templates Free Neon Backgrounds with Instant Download
- Mockups & Templates Must Try: 9 Volatile and Practical Collage Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips What Is an Employer Branding Specialist, and Do You Need One?
- Design Tips Turn Boring Photos into Artwork with PNG Shadows (50 Free Overlays)
- Mockups & Templates 16 Incredibly Useful Print Mockup Templates For POD Businesses
- Design Tips 40 Free Organic SVG Backgrounds From Mediamodifier
- Blog Affiliate Marketing Trends to Keep an Eye on in 2023 | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates The 9 Best 3D Browser Mockups for Previewing Your Website
- Mockups & Templates 10 Clothing Mockups With Models You Should Use For Your Online Business
- Mockups & Templates What Does Mockup Mean? – A Beginner’s Guide to Mockups
- Tutorials Mockup API – The Complete Guide
- Blog TikTok & The Music Industry: The Impact of Viral Content
- Blog 3 Tips to Improve the Quality of a Mockup
- Mockups & Templates 15 Greeting Card Mockups With Flowers
- Mockups & Templates 10 Most Popular Website Screen Browser Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips 4 Failproof Ways To Make Money on TikTok
- Mockups & Templates 11 Beautiful Poster Mockups To Preview Your Designs and Artwork
- Blog Best Types of Affiliate Marketing Content | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 11 Business Card Mockups For Quick Professional Previews
- Design Tips Can AI Generate a Product Mockup? We Tested All the Tools to Find Out!
- Mockups & Templates Free Podium Backgrounds for a Stunning Product Showcase
- Blog Logo Design 101: 5 Reasons You Need a New One and How to Nail It
- Mockups & Templates iPhone 14 Mockup Templates With Colorful Backgrounds
- News New Feature: Edit Brightness/Contrast of a Mockup Layer
- Mockups & Templates 6 Loungewear Mockup Templates to Showcase Your Apparel Designs
- Tutorials How to Change the Instagram Story Default Background
- Mockups & Templates 21 Logo Mockup Templates Available in the Mediamodifier Generator
- Mockups & Templates 14 Professional Samsung Galaxy Fold Mockup Templates
- Design Tips How to Add Animated GIF to an Image
- Mockups & Templates 33 Beautiful Blanket Mockup Templates to Use Right Now
- Marketing Tips How to Present a Logo to a Client – 5 Useful Tips
- Blog Tips to Achieve Affiliate Marketing Success | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 Quiz Templates for Instagram Stories to Boost Your Engagement Fast
- Tutorials How to Use the Mediamodifier Mockup Generator for Free
- News Now Is The Best Time to Invest in Mediamodifier
- Blog How to Get Started with Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- News 6 Instagram Updates You Need to Know About – July 2022
- Blog What is Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 FREE Social Media Templates to Celebrate Pride Month
- Marketing Tips The Marketing Budgets of Big Companies
- Tutorials How to Add a Screenshot to a Computer Screen Stock Photo
- Marketing Tips The Secret to Promoting Your Product with Models
- Design Tips How to Create an Infographic Online With Mediamodifier
- News You Can Now Download SVG Vector Illustration Sets From Mediamodifier
- NFT NFTs: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Blog 8 Tools to Help You Become More Organized, From a Very Unorganized Person
- Design Tips Need Some Font Inspiration? Try These 5 Fonts Available on Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips 6 Websites That Will Make It Easier to Stay on Track When Working From Home
- Marketing Tips Make Your Work Easier With These 10 Productivity Tools
- Mockups & Templates How and Why to Use Client Testimonials + 5 Free Templates
- Tutorials How to Make an Online Invoice With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips Case Study: This User Creates Etsy Listings In Seconds With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips The Best POD Tools for a Successful Print-On-Demand Business
- Marketing Tips Case Study: Etsy Star Seller Increased Their Production Speed by 90% With Our Tool
- Design Tips Improve Design Skills With These 6 Projects
- NFT A Look Into the Future of NFT: What Will the Space Look Like in 10 Years?
- Mockups & Templates 10 Easter Instagram Post Templates That You Can Publish in Seconds
- News Spring Sale: Mediamodifier PRO Annual Plan Now 50% Off!
- Marketing Tips Use These Social Media Job Post Templates to Attract the Best Talent
- Marketing Tips 6 TED Talks That All Marketing Students Should Watch
- Marketing Tips 4 Elon Musk Marketing Tips You Could Apply Today
- Marketing Tips April Fools’ Day Marketing Ideas: 4 Brilliant Ideas for 2022
- Design Tips The Ultimate Design Cheat Sheet for Students
- News New Feature: Mediamodifier Team Accounts Plan
- Mockups & Templates How to Design a LinkedIn Banner for Your Profile
- Blog Introducing the New Mediamodifier Website
- Marketing Tips 5 Ways Mockups Are The Eco-Friendly Marketing Tools of the Future
- News New Feature: SVG Illustrations Inside the Mediamodifier Design Editor
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips to Get More Clients for Your Small Business
- Marketing Tips 5 of the Best Marketing TikTok Pages to Follow for Inspiration and Advice
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Social Media Posts Without Publishing Them
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips for Taking Better Product Photos
- Design Tips 5 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Used to Be Designers
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in March 2022
- Design Tips 8 Design Tips for Making a Good Concept Even Better
- Marketing Tips 5 Common Misconceptions About Social Media Managers
- Marketing Tips Improve Your Content With These 6 Tools For Small Businesses
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Product Packaging Online (Mockup Tool Tutorial)
- Design Tips 5 Principles of Psychology You Can Use to Improve A Design
- Marketing Tips 3 Smart Valentine’s Day Marketing Ideas To Promote Your Business
- News Why You Should Use This WordPress PoD Plugin for Your Store
- Mockups & Templates 20 Valentine’s Day Card Templates (That You Can Use Right Now)
- NFT 3 Reasons to Use an NFT Maker
- Marketing Tips Print on Demand: 6 Easy Steps to Start a Profitable Side Business
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in February 2022
- News This New Feature Makes It Even Easier To Use Our Mockup Editor
- Marketing Tips 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Marketing Budget
- Marketing Tips Starting a Small Business? 5 Things You’re Forgetting to Do
- NFT How to Use the Mediamodifier NFT Maker
- Mockups & Templates Boost Your Engagement: 9 Instagram Story Ideas
- Design Tips The Best 5 Colors to Use for Your Social Media in 2022
- Marketing Tips Ultimate Social Media Size Guide [Updated July 2022]
- Showroom Mockup of a Square Wood Frame on Wall with Shadows
- Showroom TV Mounted on Wall Photoshop PSD Mockup
- Showroom TV Screen Photoshop Mockup with on Top of a Shelf
- Showroom Photoshop Mockup of a TV Screen with Minimal Background
- Showroom PSD Photoshop Mockup of a Glossy Bottle
- Showroom Photoshop Mockup of a Glossy Plastic Bottle
- Mockups & Templates Maximize Customer Loyalty with 12 Awesome Customizable Reward Card Templates