*cue music* “It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas everywhere you go”… Indeed, it’s the Christmas holiday season in many places around the world, including our MediaModifier office! It’s also the time of the year where people are bombarded with multiple promotions from all kinds of businesses. As a small business, how do you cut through the noise and stand out against the competition with your holiday campaign? Read on to find out!
What makes a good Christmas holiday campaign?
As with every marketing campaign, there are two things you should look at when you’re creating your Christmas holiday campaign:
Analyze previous marketing campaigns
If you have done previous Christmas holiday campaigns, or any other festive campaigns (e.g. Halloween, St Patrick’s Day, etc), take a look at the results of those campaigns. Consider things like:
- What can you learn from your past Christmas holiday campaigns?
- What can you improve?
- Has your customer base changed? Are their demographics different now?
- Have your customers’ media habits changed?
- What do your customers value?
Analyzing what happened in past campaigns can help you to refine and identify messages that would resonate with your customers, which brings us to point 2.
Identify what works for your customers
Holiday marketing strategies are a little different from your main marketing strategy, as they rely on time and possibly, your customers’ moods as well. To ensure your messages get to them where they are and resonate with them, you need to know your audience and identify the holiday marketing strategy that fits them.
For example, you may want to create social media content to capture the attention of younger audiences or create simple gift bundles so busy working people can easily click and collect to save them time.
Now that you know what makes good festive marketing it’s time to add some flair with 5 things that will help make your Christmas holiday campaign stand out.
1. Make your marketing your own
What’s the one unique thing about your business? Your brand! Sometimes, it can feel like Christmas is rather commercial with all the advertisements and happenings going around. This is where you can make your business stand out – by sharing what makes your brand special from a personal angle.
While you may not have a large budget for a big advertising campaign, there are small things you can do to make yourself heard amongst the festive noise. For example, create a digital catalog of your products so customers can browse easily online, personalize your messages such as emails and in-browser push notifications, share gift guides or Christmas card designs or post Christmas-related infographics. There are many ways to leverage your brand to make your Christmas holiday marketing your own.
2. Go where your customers are
Once you’ve identified what works for your customers, you need to ensure you go where they are! Are they on social media? Which ones? Do they walk past bus stops or notice boards? Which shops do they go to both physically and digitally? What apps do they use on their phones?
The more you know where they are, the more you can go where they are with online advertising, especially if you are a specific or niche business. With a modest budget, targeted online advertising can certainly bring good returns.
3. Remember your existing customers
While getting new customers is often the main goal for many businesses, you shouldn’t forget your loyal customers! A great way to make your Christmas holiday campaign stand out is to consider the path to purchase for your existing customers as this differs from the path to purchase for new customers. What can you offer your existing customers during the holiday season to make them even more loyal to you?
Perhaps you can give a referral offer, a gift card or an incentive unique to your business that will make them come back even after the Christmas holiday season is over.
4. Cultivate relationships by giving customers a reason to buy
Panic buying does happen, especially when there’s a sense of urgency during the festive season. There are often big discounts all over and customers do sometimes get bombarded with them.
Take a look at your Christmas holiday marketing before you go live. What kinds of discounts/incentives are you giving? What giveaways are you doing? These questions are important because you want to ensure that you are not devaluing your brand to the point where customers think your brand is cheap and only worth a one-time purchase.
Use the Christmas holiday time to cultivate relationships with your customers. Give them a good reason to buy by injecting your brand’s uniqueness and some holiday joy at the same time. After all, you want them to come for repeat purchases!
5. Give back to the community
Did you know that 33% of consumers choose to purchase from brands they believe are doing social or environmental good? Well, now you do! The Christmas holiday season is a great way to give back to the community and promote goodwill amongst your customers at the same time.
Why not partner with a non-profit that fits your business’ and your customers’ values and support them? Or volunteer at a local charity and invite your customers to come along? It’s definitely worth having a think on what you can do to give back during the holidays.
Kickstart your Christmas holiday marketing now!
If you need some help kickstarting your Christmas holiday marketing, then we’ve got you covered with our Christmas mockups and designs! All of them are fully customizable so make sure to really make them your own.
1. Clear Christmas Ornament Ball Mockup Generator
Ornaments are definitely Christmas icons. Add your design to this seasonal ornament mockup.
2. Christmas Greeting Card on Wood Desk Mockup Generator
Showcase your Christmas card design with this mockup.
3. Christmas Present Mockup
Do you have a gift for your audience? Personalise the tag for a unique way to promote a Christmas offer.
4. Christmas Greeting with Deer
This minimalistic design is great to share a beautiful Christmas greeting on social media.
5. Abstract Rudolf Christmas Greeting Design
Throw in a little color to your Christmas greeting with this bright yellow design. Rudolf’s red nose is easily distinguishable even without many other features.
Find even more Christmas-related mockups and templates here.
We hope our tips and templates help make your Christmas holiday marketing standout in this festive season. Don’t forget to have a bit of fun and get creative amidst the busy times, and let us know if you’ve used any of our tips in the comments.
- Marketing Tips How to Sell Digital Downloads on Etsy – The Ultimate Guide
- Marketing Tips Introducing The Guest Post Guidelines For Mediamodifier Blog
- Mockups & Templates 10 New Logo Templates You Can Use For Your Print Company
- Design Tips The Best 7 Colors to Use for Your Social Media Posts in 2023
- Marketing Tips 4 Useful Tactics That Will Boost Your Website’s Conversion Rates
- Tutorials How to Request a Custom Mediamodifier Mockup
- Marketing Tips The BEST Marketing Calendar 2023 + 12 FREE Post Templates
- Marketing Tips The Complete Guide To Image Licenses In Marketing
- Mockups & Templates 10 Awesome Christmas Mockup Templates For Last Minute Marketing
- Marketing Tips Video Ads 101: Do They Work, and How To Use Them?
- Mockups & Templates 16 Corporate Stationery Mockup Templates For Beautiful Previews
- Blog 5 of the Best Design and Mockups Affiliate Programs Compared
- Mockups & Templates 10 TV Mockup Templates For Quick Marketing Images
- Mockups & Templates Free Neon Backgrounds with Instant Download
- Mockups & Templates Must Try: 9 Volatile and Practical Collage Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips What Is an Employer Branding Specialist, and Do You Need One?
- Design Tips Turn Boring Photos into Artwork with PNG Shadows (50 Free Overlays)
- Mockups & Templates 16 Incredibly Useful Print Mockup Templates For POD Businesses
- Design Tips 40 Free Organic SVG Backgrounds From Mediamodifier
- Blog Affiliate Marketing Trends to Keep an Eye on in 2023 | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates The 9 Best 3D Browser Mockups for Previewing Your Website
- Mockups & Templates 10 Clothing Mockups With Models You Should Use For Your Online Business
- Mockups & Templates What Does Mockup Mean? – A Beginner’s Guide to Mockups
- Tutorials Mockup API – The Complete Guide
- Blog TikTok & The Music Industry: The Impact of Viral Content
- Blog 3 Tips to Improve the Quality of a Mockup
- Mockups & Templates 15 Greeting Card Mockups With Flowers
- Mockups & Templates 10 Most Popular Website Screen Browser Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips 4 Failproof Ways To Make Money on TikTok
- Mockups & Templates 11 Beautiful Poster Mockups To Preview Your Designs and Artwork
- Blog Best Types of Affiliate Marketing Content | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 11 Business Card Mockups For Quick Professional Previews
- Design Tips Can AI Generate a Product Mockup? We Tested All the Tools to Find Out!
- Mockups & Templates Free Podium Backgrounds for a Stunning Product Showcase
- Blog Logo Design 101: 5 Reasons You Need a New One and How to Nail It
- Mockups & Templates iPhone 14 Mockup Templates With Colorful Backgrounds
- News New Feature: Edit Brightness/Contrast of a Mockup Layer
- Mockups & Templates 6 Loungewear Mockup Templates to Showcase Your Apparel Designs
- Tutorials How to Change the Instagram Story Default Background
- Mockups & Templates 21 Logo Mockup Templates Available in the Mediamodifier Generator
- Mockups & Templates 14 Professional Samsung Galaxy Fold Mockup Templates
- Design Tips How to Add Animated GIF to an Image
- Mockups & Templates 33 Beautiful Blanket Mockup Templates to Use Right Now
- Marketing Tips How to Present a Logo to a Client – 5 Useful Tips
- Blog Tips to Achieve Affiliate Marketing Success | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 Quiz Templates for Instagram Stories to Boost Your Engagement Fast
- Tutorials How to Use the Mediamodifier Mockup Generator for Free
- News Now Is The Best Time to Invest in Mediamodifier
- Blog How to Get Started with Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- News 6 Instagram Updates You Need to Know About – July 2022
- Blog What is Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 FREE Social Media Templates to Celebrate Pride Month
- Marketing Tips The Marketing Budgets of Big Companies
- Tutorials How to Add a Screenshot to a Computer Screen Stock Photo
- Marketing Tips The Secret to Promoting Your Product with Models
- Design Tips How to Create an Infographic Online With Mediamodifier
- News You Can Now Download SVG Vector Illustration Sets From Mediamodifier
- NFT NFTs: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Blog 8 Tools to Help You Become More Organized, From a Very Unorganized Person
- Design Tips Need Some Font Inspiration? Try These 5 Fonts Available on Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips 6 Websites That Will Make It Easier to Stay on Track When Working From Home
- Marketing Tips Make Your Work Easier With These 10 Productivity Tools
- Mockups & Templates How and Why to Use Client Testimonials + 5 Free Templates
- Tutorials How to Make an Online Invoice With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips Case Study: This User Creates Etsy Listings In Seconds With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips The Best POD Tools for a Successful Print-On-Demand Business
- Marketing Tips Case Study: Etsy Star Seller Increased Their Production Speed by 90% With Our Tool
- Design Tips Improve Design Skills With These 6 Projects
- NFT A Look Into the Future of NFT: What Will the Space Look Like in 10 Years?
- Mockups & Templates 10 Easter Instagram Post Templates That You Can Publish in Seconds
- News Spring Sale: Mediamodifier PRO Annual Plan Now 50% Off!
- Marketing Tips Use These Social Media Job Post Templates to Attract the Best Talent
- Marketing Tips 6 TED Talks That All Marketing Students Should Watch
- Marketing Tips 4 Elon Musk Marketing Tips You Could Apply Today
- Marketing Tips April Fools’ Day Marketing Ideas: 4 Brilliant Ideas for 2022
- Design Tips The Ultimate Design Cheat Sheet for Students
- News New Feature: Mediamodifier Team Accounts Plan
- Mockups & Templates How to Design a LinkedIn Banner for Your Profile
- Blog Introducing the New Mediamodifier Website
- Marketing Tips 5 Ways Mockups Are The Eco-Friendly Marketing Tools of the Future
- News New Feature: SVG Illustrations Inside the Mediamodifier Design Editor
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips to Get More Clients for Your Small Business
- Marketing Tips 5 of the Best Marketing TikTok Pages to Follow for Inspiration and Advice
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Social Media Posts Without Publishing Them
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips for Taking Better Product Photos
- Design Tips 5 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Used to Be Designers
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in March 2022
- Design Tips 8 Design Tips for Making a Good Concept Even Better
- Marketing Tips 5 Common Misconceptions About Social Media Managers
- Marketing Tips Improve Your Content With These 6 Tools For Small Businesses
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Product Packaging Online (Mockup Tool Tutorial)
- Design Tips 5 Principles of Psychology You Can Use to Improve A Design
- Marketing Tips 3 Smart Valentine’s Day Marketing Ideas To Promote Your Business
- News Why You Should Use This WordPress PoD Plugin for Your Store
- Mockups & Templates 20 Valentine’s Day Card Templates (That You Can Use Right Now)
- NFT 3 Reasons to Use an NFT Maker
- Marketing Tips Print on Demand: 6 Easy Steps to Start a Profitable Side Business
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in February 2022
- News This New Feature Makes It Even Easier To Use Our Mockup Editor
- Marketing Tips 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Marketing Budget
- Marketing Tips Starting a Small Business? 5 Things You’re Forgetting to Do
- NFT How to Use the Mediamodifier NFT Maker
- Mockups & Templates Boost Your Engagement: 9 Instagram Story Ideas
- Design Tips The Best 5 Colors to Use for Your Social Media in 2022
- Marketing Tips Ultimate Social Media Size Guide [Updated July 2022]
- Showroom PSD Template of a Square Paper on Festive Background
- Showroom Photoshop Mockup of a Picture Frame on White Brick Wall
- Showroom Photoshop Mockup of a MacBook on Decorated Desk
- Showroom Mockup Template of a T-Shirt Hanging in White Background
- Showroom Photoshop Mockup of a White Picture Frame on Top of a Couch
- Showroom PSD Mockup of a White Square Picture Frame on Wooden Chair
- Showroom PSD Mockup of a iPhone with Pen and Notebook
- Showroom Shirt Hanging on a White Hanger in White Background PSD Mockup