2021 calls for a fresh start for obvious reasons and your social media should not be exempt from that.
It is essential to stay informed with the trends and apply them to your new posts, in order to maintain your relevancy. In this article, we will discuss which colors are predicted to be this year’s trend and why you should use them.
Colors affect the way people perceive your brand and it’s scientifically proven that different shades can bring different moods to your content, based on the historical and general associations with that color.
For example, the color red is considered an eye-catching and passionate color that asserts dominance and establishes power, while brown is an earthy color sometimes perceived as dull and unsophisticated.
These meanings can be manipulated based on the accompanying colors and other elements used in your posts.
Here are our top choices:
1) Yellow and Grey
The highly-anticipated moment of Pantone announcing their color of the year for 2021 came with a surprise: this year it’s a combination of two.
The PANTONE 13-0647 Illuminating and PANTONE 17-5104 Ultimate Gray create an uplifting yet fresh and clean combination to use in your social media visuals.
Chosen as colors that complement each other to symbolize the hard times of last year, yellow and grey are long known to be a great pair and these two shades work together perfectly.
Aegean Teal is a mid-tone blue-green shade that brings harmony and elegance whilst symbolising hope and trust.
Encouraging creativity and balance, it’s a great shade for businesses who want to inspire these values.
Being a classic spring color, you might want to incorporate teal into your early March posts, to subtly send a message of prosperity and renewal regarding your services or products.
3) Black and White
The black and white themes are making a comeback (not that they really ever left) because of their simplicity and clarity.
The timeless classic is always a good idea to consider for your posts, as it will look clean and professional no matter what.
Black and white have generally been used together as a staple for text-heavy visuals since it’s one of the most eye-catching templates, despite the lack of color.
Moreover, the combo’s popularity has also surged in recent years in the form of photograph filters.
Pantone has listed their shade 17-1926 Fruit Dove as another trend for 2021, and it’s not hard to see why.
Pink has dominated social media for years now and it’s not planning on going anywhere. This shade is a gorgeous muted medium pink with a purple undertone manifesting playfulness, ideal if you want to switch things up and hop on the pink trend.
Pinks can be combined with yellows and greys for a more feminine style, but they can also accompany dark greens, blues, or browns for a more neutral approach.
Last but not least, neutral shades of green are predicted to be very popular this year. Combine darker and lighter shades for a relaxing monochromatic look.
Being mostly associated with money and nature, green presents itself as a symbol of wealth and stability. Brands have been jumping on this trend more and more since it also creates an association with more eco-friendly initiatives.
Warm neutrals with green (and yellow) accents are also predicted to be a winning combination of 2021, being pushed by several interior design or paint companies, which are known for being trendsetters whose influence spills into the online world as well.
The bottom line
At the end of the day, any color can be used for your social media, as long as you try your best to create the right palette. It’s important to stay true to your brand and utilise colors from your branding guide, whether it’s as the main focus, or as accents, but don’t shy away from experimenting with new styles.
For a harmonious look, stick to a couple of shades throughout your posts, and try to coordinate so that their undertones match. This is particularly important for platforms such as Instagram, where the pictures need to come together as a whole in order to create a pleasant visual experience in the form of a unified feed.
You can create your own Instagram or Facebook posts using Mediamodifier Design Templates or create them from scratch using your preferred trendy colors.
- Marketing Tips How to Sell Digital Downloads on Etsy – The Ultimate Guide
- Marketing Tips Introducing The Guest Post Guidelines For Mediamodifier Blog
- Mockups & Templates 10 New Logo Templates You Can Use For Your Print Company
- Design Tips The Best 7 Colors to Use for Your Social Media Posts in 2023
- Marketing Tips 4 Useful Tactics That Will Boost Your Website’s Conversion Rates
- Tutorials How to Request a Custom Mediamodifier Mockup
- Marketing Tips The BEST Marketing Calendar 2023 + 12 FREE Post Templates
- Marketing Tips The Complete Guide To Image Licenses In Marketing
- Mockups & Templates 10 Awesome Christmas Mockup Templates For Last Minute Marketing
- Marketing Tips Video Ads 101: Do They Work, and How To Use Them?
- Mockups & Templates 16 Corporate Stationery Mockup Templates For Beautiful Previews
- Blog 5 of the Best Design and Mockups Affiliate Programs Compared
- Mockups & Templates 10 TV Mockup Templates For Quick Marketing Images
- Mockups & Templates Free Neon Backgrounds with Instant Download
- Mockups & Templates Must Try: 9 Volatile and Practical Collage Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips What Is an Employer Branding Specialist, and Do You Need One?
- Design Tips Turn Boring Photos into Artwork with PNG Shadows (50 Free Overlays)
- Mockups & Templates 16 Incredibly Useful Print Mockup Templates For POD Businesses
- Design Tips 40 Free Organic SVG Backgrounds From Mediamodifier
- Blog Affiliate Marketing Trends to Keep an Eye on in 2023 | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates The 9 Best 3D Browser Mockups for Previewing Your Website
- Mockups & Templates 10 Clothing Mockups With Models You Should Use For Your Online Business
- Mockups & Templates What Does Mockup Mean? – A Beginner’s Guide to Mockups
- Tutorials Mockup API – The Complete Guide
- Blog TikTok & The Music Industry: The Impact of Viral Content
- Blog 3 Tips to Improve the Quality of a Mockup
- Mockups & Templates 15 Greeting Card Mockups With Flowers
- Mockups & Templates 10 Most Popular Website Screen Browser Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips 4 Failproof Ways To Make Money on TikTok
- Mockups & Templates 11 Beautiful Poster Mockups To Preview Your Designs and Artwork
- Blog Best Types of Affiliate Marketing Content | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 11 Business Card Mockups For Quick Professional Previews
- Design Tips Can AI Generate a Product Mockup? We Tested All the Tools to Find Out!
- Mockups & Templates Free Podium Backgrounds for a Stunning Product Showcase
- Blog Logo Design 101: 5 Reasons You Need a New One and How to Nail It
- Mockups & Templates iPhone 14 Mockup Templates With Colorful Backgrounds
- News New Feature: Edit Brightness/Contrast of a Mockup Layer
- Mockups & Templates 6 Loungewear Mockup Templates to Showcase Your Apparel Designs
- Tutorials How to Change the Instagram Story Default Background
- Mockups & Templates 21 Logo Mockup Templates Available in the Mediamodifier Generator
- Mockups & Templates 14 Professional Samsung Galaxy Fold Mockup Templates
- Design Tips How to Add Animated GIF to an Image
- Mockups & Templates 33 Beautiful Blanket Mockup Templates to Use Right Now
- Marketing Tips How to Present a Logo to a Client – 5 Useful Tips
- Blog Tips to Achieve Affiliate Marketing Success | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 Quiz Templates for Instagram Stories to Boost Your Engagement Fast
- Tutorials How to Use the Mediamodifier Mockup Generator for Free
- News Now Is The Best Time to Invest in Mediamodifier
- Blog How to Get Started with Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- News 6 Instagram Updates You Need to Know About – July 2022
- Blog What is Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 FREE Social Media Templates to Celebrate Pride Month
- Marketing Tips The Marketing Budgets of Big Companies
- Tutorials How to Add a Screenshot to a Computer Screen Stock Photo
- Marketing Tips The Secret to Promoting Your Product with Models
- Design Tips How to Create an Infographic Online With Mediamodifier
- News You Can Now Download SVG Vector Illustration Sets From Mediamodifier
- NFT NFTs: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Blog 8 Tools to Help You Become More Organized, From a Very Unorganized Person
- Design Tips Need Some Font Inspiration? Try These 5 Fonts Available on Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips 6 Websites That Will Make It Easier to Stay on Track When Working From Home
- Marketing Tips Make Your Work Easier With These 10 Productivity Tools
- Mockups & Templates How and Why to Use Client Testimonials + 5 Free Templates
- Tutorials How to Make an Online Invoice With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips Case Study: This User Creates Etsy Listings In Seconds With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips The Best POD Tools for a Successful Print-On-Demand Business
- Marketing Tips Case Study: Etsy Star Seller Increased Their Production Speed by 90% With Our Tool
- Design Tips Improve Design Skills With These 6 Projects
- NFT A Look Into the Future of NFT: What Will the Space Look Like in 10 Years?
- Mockups & Templates 10 Easter Instagram Post Templates That You Can Publish in Seconds
- News Spring Sale: Mediamodifier PRO Annual Plan Now 50% Off!
- Marketing Tips Use These Social Media Job Post Templates to Attract the Best Talent
- Marketing Tips 6 TED Talks That All Marketing Students Should Watch
- Marketing Tips 4 Elon Musk Marketing Tips You Could Apply Today
- Marketing Tips April Fools’ Day Marketing Ideas: 4 Brilliant Ideas for 2022
- Design Tips The Ultimate Design Cheat Sheet for Students
- News New Feature: Mediamodifier Team Accounts Plan
- Mockups & Templates How to Design a LinkedIn Banner for Your Profile
- Blog Introducing the New Mediamodifier Website
- Marketing Tips 5 Ways Mockups Are The Eco-Friendly Marketing Tools of the Future
- News New Feature: SVG Illustrations Inside the Mediamodifier Design Editor
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips to Get More Clients for Your Small Business
- Marketing Tips 5 of the Best Marketing TikTok Pages to Follow for Inspiration and Advice
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Social Media Posts Without Publishing Them
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips for Taking Better Product Photos
- Design Tips 5 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Used to Be Designers
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in March 2022
- Design Tips 8 Design Tips for Making a Good Concept Even Better
- Marketing Tips 5 Common Misconceptions About Social Media Managers
- Marketing Tips Improve Your Content With These 6 Tools For Small Businesses
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Product Packaging Online (Mockup Tool Tutorial)
- Design Tips 5 Principles of Psychology You Can Use to Improve A Design
- Marketing Tips 3 Smart Valentine’s Day Marketing Ideas To Promote Your Business
- News Why You Should Use This WordPress PoD Plugin for Your Store
- Mockups & Templates 20 Valentine’s Day Card Templates (That You Can Use Right Now)
- NFT 3 Reasons to Use an NFT Maker
- Marketing Tips Print on Demand: 6 Easy Steps to Start a Profitable Side Business
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in February 2022
- News This New Feature Makes It Even Easier To Use Our Mockup Editor
- Marketing Tips 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Marketing Budget
- Marketing Tips Starting a Small Business? 5 Things You’re Forgetting to Do
- NFT How to Use the Mediamodifier NFT Maker
- Mockups & Templates Boost Your Engagement: 9 Instagram Story Ideas
- Design Tips The Best 5 Colors to Use for Your Social Media in 2022
- Marketing Tips Ultimate Social Media Size Guide [Updated July 2022]
- Showroom Picture Frame on White Brick Wall Photoshop PSD Mockup
- Showroom Man With Apple Watch on Wrist PSD Photoshop Mockup
- Showroom PSD Template of a Square Paper on Festive Background
- Showroom Photoshop Mockup of a Picture Frame on White Brick Wall
- Showroom Photoshop Mockup of a MacBook on Decorated Desk
- Showroom Mockup Template of a T-Shirt Hanging in White Background
- Showroom Photoshop Mockup of a White Picture Frame on Top of a Couch
- Showroom PSD Mockup of a White Square Picture Frame on Wooden Chair