Did you know that visuals are 60,000 times more effective in communication than words? How often and how well do you engage in visual content marketing? If your response is in the negative, then take a look at how the leading brands do it.
Visual Content Marketing: Definition and Importance
Without a second glance, you can pretty much tell that visual content marketing has everything to do with visuals, i.e. what we see, and how we perceive it.
Hence, content marketing is defined as the practice of using displayed or projected images, modules, videos, maps, and charts to educate and inform consumers about a brand. Research shows that about 90% of the information transmitted to the brain is visual. This goes to show how effective visual content marketing can be because you are literary tagging along with nature’s design.
Therefore, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that visual content marketing serves as a great way to improve your communication, boost up your social media presence, and the overall awareness of your brand. That’s just the tip of the iceberg of the benefits of visual content marketing. In addition, it has a track record of:
- Stimulating emotions.
- It’s easier and faster to consume.
- Contents with infographics have a 12% better track record growth compared to content without it.
- Facebook video posts attract 3 times the inbound link of posts with plain text.
- An average of 700 YouTube videos is shared on Twitter with every passing minute.
- Consumers watching product videos are 80% more likely to make a purchase.
The list is endless. “The insane track record goes to show the exceptional nature of visuals in content marketing. After all, visuals are king. So, it shouldn’t come as a surprise if your business doesn’t fare well in the online space without visual content marketing,”- says Ben Grant, a marketing manager at Adsy, link-building service. Having said that, let’s first get the basics of good visual content before we set off to incorporate it into our marketing techniques.
Principles of Visual content
It’s not a secret that creating visual content requires some technical know-how, without which the Internet would have been a mess of visuals as if made by children. Given how essential visual content is to marketing, you ought to know how to properly create these visuals in the first place; else it’ll be counterproductive. And although not all of us are experts in this field, you should have a grasp of the basic principles so that you can recognize good visuals when you see one. They include:
Balance is essential to visual content because the more symmetrical an image, the more appealing it is. Balance is what gives stability to visuals.
The frame is the integral outer element of any visual design or content. It’s essential because it gives enough breathing room for viewers and the lack thereof creates tension.
It’s the degree of visible differentiation between the visual elements. The closer the elements are in their color and brightness, the lower the contrast. Not only is contrasting essential to basic legibility but also for those whose color perception is impaired.
Famous Brand to Follow for Inspiration
If you want to excel in a chosen niche, you must learn from the best. Although millions of brands around the world use visual content marketing, only some specific brands have managed to truly pierce the veil. Hence, they are worthy of taking some queues and inspirations.
- Bud Light;
- Dunkin’ Donuts;
- Grammarly Cards;
- Lissa Curry;
Grammarly, an online app that offers on-spot text proofreading services has quickly become one of the most beloved services amongst writers of all kinds. If you are writing on a computer, then Grammarly will likely be your go-to app to aid you in your writing errors. But it’s not all serious business with Grammarly as they bring a bit of humor to their visual posts on Pinterest that consumers find very appealing.
No brand screams visuals better than GoPro: after all, the brand is all about capturing the highest quality possible. Just the GoPro social media page alone can make the most introverted person on the planet want to give traveling a try as it’s filled with really beautiful pictures of people at their happiest.
Nike is a classic example of a brand that truly understands its target audience. Given that sports require physical activities and a great amount of endurance, the brand has adopted the habit of making inspirational visual posts on their social media platforms. And as each post gathers thousands of likes, it subtly proves to consumers that anything is possible if you “Just do it.”
Lisa Curry is a well recognized personal trainer and athlete with thousands of followers on all social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. And with her large following, she’s been known to post really catchy images with inspirational texts on a regular basis. You can say that she’s a goldmine of visual motivational quotes.
Starbucks is one of the most popular brands out there, especially in the United States, and they make excellent use of visual content marketing on their social media platforms. They have mastered the art of combining the strengths of visual content marketing with the beauty in simplicity to advertise their services across social media.
Bud Light as a brand is also one that has managed to take full advantage of visual content marketing.
It’s even created an interactive community where consumers can submit their own photos taken while enjoying Bud Light. This gives their social media pages a beautiful and colorful small-town feel.
Target is the next household name on our list. But, unlike the others on our list, Target is not fond of just putting pictures of the brand. Instead, they combine it with texts to create relatable and fun images.
Unlike other donut brands with very boring social media presence, Dunkin’ Donuts uses an upbeat attitude for its visual marketing. Although they never use a direct approach when marketing, they employ a humorous and cheerful outlook coupled with visual content to communicate with consumers.
Sharpie is one brand on our list that’s truly inspirational. Given the niche of the brand, there’s not much that one can say and do in terms of advertising on social media. And yet it’s managed to turn its Pinterest page into something more of an art gallery that even the less creative minds will appreciate.
If you haven’t heard of the Oreo cookies, then it’s either you belong to an older generation or you’ve probably not been around social media. And it’s not just the exquisite flavor of the cookies that consumers are appreciative of. They also give us rich and witty parodies of visual posts that keep consumers entertained.
If there’s a brand that’s gotten a firm grip on visual content marketing, it’s Coca-Cola. Over the years, the brand has mastered the skills to engage consumers in interactive visual content marketing that keeps the buzz on their social media platform going for days.
Visual content marketing is without a doubt one of the best ways to drive traffic to your online platform. However, it can also be counterproductive in the hands of the inexperienced. So take some inspiration from these leading brands. And although they may or may not be in your niche, you can still learn a thing or two as their approach to visual content marketing is universally applicable.
About the Author
Marie Barnes is a Marketing Communication Manager. She also does some photo retouching work at Photza. She is an enthusiastic blogger interested in writing about technology, social media, work, travel, lifestyle, and current affairs.
- Mockups & Templates Just Arrived: 28 Awesome Glass Mug Mockup Templates
- Mockups & Templates Fantastic Brand New T-Shirt Mockups with Models
- Post Ideas 10 Inspiring Instagram Video Post Ideas for All Businesses
- Marketing Tips How To Skyrocket Business Acquisitions with Digital Signage
- Design Tips How To Create The Best Landing Pages For High Conversions
- Design Tips A Proven Guide to App Technical Optimization for More Revenue
- Marketing Tips How to Make Sure Your Marketing Showcases Authentic Use Cases
- Mockups & Templates 16 Stunning Fresh T-Shirt Mockups With Male Models
- Marketing Tips How to Use Product Mockups in Your Marketing Strategy
- Mockups & Templates Real Estate Mockups & Templates: The Best in the Business
- Mockups & Templates 27 Brand New Button Mockups For Quick Previews
- Design Tips The Fundamentals of Incorporating Closed Captions in UX Design
- Marketing Tips 5 Proven Ways Online Mockups Help Emails Stand Out
- Design Tips The Best Guide To Successful Parental Control Design
- Marketing Tips 4 Helpful And Creative Offline Advertisingn Techniques That Stand Out
- Marketing Tips The Best 26 Video Editing Software for Marketers to Use in 2023
- Mockups & Templates Brand New Gift Tag Mockups For Innovative And Realistic Previews
- Mockups & Templates 13 Buyer Persona Templates That Will Make Your Life Easier
- Mockups & Templates How To Easily Create A Clothing Size Chart + 14 Templates
- Mockups & Templates New iPhone App Mockups: 8 Vibrant Digital Marketing Banners
- Marketing Tips Best LinkedIn Image and Video Size in 2023
- Mockups & Templates 13 New Rollup Mockup Templates Exclusive To Mediamodifier
- Mockups & Templates 11 New Fantastic Packaging Label Templates To Impress Your Customers
- Marketing Tips 10 Reasons To Pay For Professional Mockups
- Marketing Tips How to Sell Digital Downloads on Etsy – The Ultimate Guide
- Mockups & Templates Maximize Customer Loyalty with 12 Awesome Customizable Reward Card Templates
- Marketing Tips Introducing The Guest Post Guidelines For Mediamodifier Blog
- Mockups & Templates 10 New Logo Templates You Can Use For Your Print Company
- Design Tips The Best 7 Colors to Use for Your Social Media Posts in 2023
- Marketing Tips 4 Useful Tactics That Will Boost Your Website’s Conversion Rates
- Tutorials How to Request a Custom Mockup
- Marketing Tips The BEST Marketing Calendar 2023 + 12 FREE Post Templates
- Marketing Tips The Complete Guide To Image Licenses In Marketing
- Mockups & Templates 10 Awesome Christmas Mockup Templates For Last Minute Marketing
- Marketing Tips Video Ads 101: Do They Work, and How To Use Them?
- Mockups & Templates 16 Corporate Stationery Mockup Templates For Beautiful Previews
- Blog 5 of the Best Design and Mockups Affiliate Programs Compared
- Mockups & Templates 10 TV Mockup Templates For Quick Marketing Images
- Mockups & Templates Free Neon Backgrounds with Instant Download
- Mockups & Templates Must Try: 9 Volatile and Practical Collage Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips What Is an Employer Branding Specialist, and Do You Need One?
- Design Tips Turn Boring Photos into Artwork with PNG Shadows (50 Free Overlays)
- Mockups & Templates 16 Incredibly Useful Print Mockup Templates For POD Businesses
- Design Tips 40 Free Organic SVG Backgrounds From Mediamodifier
- Blog Affiliate Marketing Trends to Keep an Eye on in 2023 | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates The 9 Best 3D Browser Mockups for Previewing Your Website
- Mockups & Templates 10 Clothing Mockups With Models You Should Use For Your Online Business
- Mockups & Templates What Does Mockup Mean? – A Beginner’s Guide to Mockups
- Tutorials Mockup API – The Complete Guide
- Blog TikTok & The Music Industry: The Impact of Viral Content
- Blog 3 Tips to Improve the Quality of a Mockup
- Mockups & Templates 15 Greeting Card Mockups With Flowers
- Mockups & Templates 10 Most Popular Website Screen Browser Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips 4 Failproof Ways To Make Money on TikTok
- Mockups & Templates 11 Beautiful Poster Mockups To Preview Your Designs and Artwork
- Blog Best Types of Affiliate Marketing Content | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 11 Business Card Mockups For Quick Professional Previews
- Design Tips Can AI Generate a Product Mockup? We Tested All the Tools to Find Out!
- Mockups & Templates Free Podium Backgrounds for a Stunning Product Showcase
- Blog Logo Design 101: 5 Reasons You Need a New One and How to Nail It
- Mockups & Templates iPhone 14 Mockup Templates With Colorful Backgrounds
- News New Feature: Edit Brightness/Contrast of a Mockup Layer
- Mockups & Templates 6 Loungewear Mockup Templates to Showcase Your Apparel Designs
- Tutorials How to Change the Instagram Story Default Background
- Mockups & Templates 21 Logo Mockup Templates Available in the Mediamodifier Generator
- Mockups & Templates 14 Professional Samsung Galaxy Fold Mockup Templates
- Design Tips How to Add Animated GIF to an Image
- Mockups & Templates 33 Beautiful Blanket Mockup Templates to Use Right Now
- Marketing Tips How to Present a Logo to a Client – 5 Useful Tips
- Blog Tips to Achieve Affiliate Marketing Success | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 Quiz Templates for Instagram Stories to Boost Your Engagement Fast
- Tutorials How to Use the Mediamodifier Mockup Generator for Free
- News Now Is The Best Time to Invest in Mediamodifier
- Blog How to Get Started with Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- News 6 Instagram Updates You Need to Know About – July 2022
- Blog What is Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 FREE Social Media Templates to Celebrate Pride Month
- Marketing Tips The Marketing Budgets of Big Companies
- Tutorials How to Add a Screenshot to a Computer Screen Stock Photo
- Marketing Tips The Secret to Promoting Your Product with Models
- Design Tips How to Create an Infographic Online With Mediamodifier
- News You Can Now Download SVG Vector Illustration Sets From Mediamodifier
- NFT NFTs: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Blog 8 Tools to Help You Become More Organized, From a Very Unorganized Person
- Design Tips Need Some Font Inspiration? Try These 5 Fonts Available on Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips 6 Websites That Will Make It Easier to Stay on Track When Working From Home
- Marketing Tips Make Your Work Easier With These 10 Productivity Tools
- Mockups & Templates How and Why to Use Client Testimonials + 5 Free Templates
- Tutorials How to Make an Online Invoice With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips Case Study: This User Creates Etsy Listings In Seconds With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips The Best POD Tools for a Successful Print-On-Demand Business
- Marketing Tips Case Study: Etsy Star Seller Increased Their Production Speed by 90% With Our Tool
- Design Tips Improve Design Skills With These 6 Projects
- NFT A Look Into the Future of NFT: What Will the Space Look Like in 10 Years?
- Mockups & Templates 10 Easter Instagram Post Templates That You Can Publish in Seconds
- News Spring Sale: Mediamodifier PRO Annual Plan Now 50% Off!
- Marketing Tips Use These Social Media Job Post Templates to Attract the Best Talent
- Marketing Tips 6 TED Talks That All Marketing Students Should Watch
- Marketing Tips 4 Elon Musk Marketing Tips You Could Apply Today
- Marketing Tips April Fools’ Day Marketing Ideas: 4 Brilliant Ideas [Updated 2023]
- Design Tips The Ultimate Design Cheat Sheet for Students
- News New Feature: Mediamodifier Team Accounts Plan
- Mockups & Templates How to Design a LinkedIn Banner for Your Profile
- Blog Introducing the New Mediamodifier Website
- Marketing Tips 5 Ways Mockups Are The Eco-Friendly Marketing Tools of the Future
- News New Feature: SVG Illustrations Inside the Mediamodifier Design Editor
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips to Get More Clients for Your Small Business
- Marketing Tips 5 of the Best Marketing TikTok Pages to Follow for Inspiration and Advice
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Social Media Posts Without Publishing Them
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips for Taking Better Product Photos
- Design Tips 5 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Used to Be Designers
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in March 2023
- Design Tips 8 Design Tips for Making a Good Concept Even Better
- Marketing Tips 5 Common Misconceptions About Social Media Managers
- Marketing Tips Improve Your Content With These 7 Tools For Small Businesses
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Product Packaging Online (Mockup Tool Tutorial)
- Design Tips 5 Principles of Psychology You Can Use to Improve A Design
- Marketing Tips 3 Smart Valentine’s Day Marketing Ideas To Promote Your Business
- News Why You Should Use This WordPress PoD Plugin for Your Store
- Mockups & Templates 20 Valentine’s Day Card Templates (That You Can Use Right Now)
- NFT 3 Reasons to Use an NFT Maker
- Marketing Tips Print on Demand: 6 Easy Steps to Start a Profitable Side Business
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in February 2023
- News This New Feature Makes It Even Easier To Use Our Mockup Editor
- Marketing Tips 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Marketing Budget
- Marketing Tips Starting a Small Business? 5 Things You’re Forgetting to Do
- NFT How to Use the Mediamodifier NFT Maker
- Mockups & Templates Boost Your Engagement: 9 Instagram Story Ideas
- Design Tips The Best 5 Colors to Use for Your Social Media in 2022
- Marketing Tips Ultimate Social Media Size Guide [Updated July 2022]
- Showroom Modern Logo on Floating Golf T-Shirt Mockup
- Showroom Logo on Professional Polo T-Shirt Mockup Generator
- Showroom Simple Logo on Isolated Golf T-Shirt Mockup
- Showroom Illustrated Design on Minimalist Golf T-Shirt Mockup Generator
- Showroom Simple Logo on Classic Golf T-Shirt Mockup Generator
- Showroom Diamond Logo Design on Display of a Golf T-Shirt Mockup