5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Marketing Budget
If you ever feel like there isn’t enough marketing budget to go around, then you need to consider ways that you can spend smart, rather than spend more. When margins are slim, spending money on marketing can feel intimidating, but it’s important to remember that a good marketing strategy is an essential investment, and one well worth making.
From investing in a comprehensive design tool to creating a robust SEO strategy, here are five smart ways to spend your marketing budget this year:
1. Focus on a Clear Social Media Strategy
You shouldn’t limit your marketing strategy to just one channel: a cross-platform plan is the best approach to successful marketing. This includes email marketing, content marketing, SEO, social media, and other conversion tools. However, perhaps the fastest-growing element, from a marketeer’s point of view, is the rise of social media.
Figures suggest that 4.55 billion people around the world are now regularly accessing social media, and in the last twelve months along, 400 million new users have joined their cohort – and any of them could be your next client. For that reason, focusing on a clear social media strategy will play an essential role in defining your marketing output, and it’s well worth spending money on getting this right. You can use your leftover budget to invest in ads, hire a social media manager, or reach out to a consultant who can help you set clear goals.
2. Invest in a Multifunctional Design Tool
A picture paints a thousand words, so it’s essential that the graphics you use in your marketing campaigns truly reflect your brand. To make this as simple and straightforward as possible, it would be wise to invest in a visual content design tool. A Mediamodifier subscription is an investment that you can use again and again, applying a consistent brand identity to all of your visual content.
The Mediamodifier tools can be utilized to create sharp and eye-catching graphics that you can use for a variety of different media sources, including emails, flyers, banners, as well as on Instagram and other social media platforms. What’s more, you pay the same fee no matter how many projects you undertake and you can use as many mockups and design templates as you need without having any impact on your remaining marketing budget. To create even more visual content, you can also use a video making tool.
3. Establish a Focused Email Campaign
Email marketing may have been around for decades, but it is still an incredibly effective way of reaching out to your clients and customers. However, it is estimated that spam emails account for 55% of all email traffic globally, so when creating a campaign, it is important that it is targeted and designed to attract attention. Email marketing allows you to target your market directly by landing in their inbox: from there, the quality of your message should take center stage. Calls to action, engaging subject lines, and a clear, attractive design will all be essential.
Whether you have the time and inclination to create email marketing in–house or whether you engage the services of an outsourced email marketing company, allocating a budget to create a focused email campaign would be a smart way to spend your marketing budget.
Check out this cold email guide for more information – from warming up an email account and writing engaging copy, to recent statistics and templates shared by industry leaders.
4. Start a Blog for your Brand
Content marketing is a great way to promote and grow your brand online and drive traffic to your website. Creating a blog for your brand will form an integral component of your content marketing strategy, and what’s more, it requires very little budget to ensure that it’s successful. A successful blog should resonate with your target audience, provide meaningful content for your social media accounts, and ultimately increase your conversion rates.
Whether you are repairing electronics or manufacturing shoes, it’s likely that you are the expert in your field, and therefore creating a blog to promote this will enable you to assert your authority in your sector. The more authority you have, and the more trust your readers have in your brand, the smoother their conversion to customers should be.
5. Trust the Experts
Finally, if marketing isn’t your strong suit and you don’t already have an in-house team then the smartest way to spend your marketing budget might be to outsource your marketing altogether. Spending your money wisely requires a certain about of knowledge and understanding about the marketing process to ensure it is going to the right places: otherwise, it may simply be more cost-effective (in the long term, if not in the short term) to secure the services of an expert who knows what they’re doing and will ensure that your budget is spent in the right place.
From finding the right design tool to creating a clear social media strategy, spending your marketing budget wisely is essential for small businesses. You don’t need a big budget to make a big impact: just great ideas and a desire to succeed.
- Mockups & Templates Brand New Gift Tag Mockups For Innovative And Realistic Previews
- Mockups & Templates 13 Buyer Persona Templates That Will Make Your Life Easier
- Mockups & Templates How To Easily Create A Clothing Size Chart + 14 Templates
- Mockups & Templates New iPhone App Mockups: 8 Vibrant Digital Marketing Banners
- Marketing Tips Best LinkedIn Image and Video Size in 2023
- Mockups & Templates 13 New Rollup Mockup Templates Exclusive To Mediamodifier
- Mockups & Templates 11 New Fantastic Packaging Label Templates To Impress Your Customers
- Marketing Tips 10 Reasons To Pay For Professional Mockups
- Marketing Tips How to Sell Digital Downloads on Etsy – The Ultimate Guide
- Mockups & Templates Maximize Customer Loyalty with 12 Awesome Customizable Reward Card Templates
- Marketing Tips Introducing The Guest Post Guidelines For Mediamodifier Blog
- Mockups & Templates 10 New Logo Templates You Can Use For Your Print Company
- Design Tips The Best 7 Colors to Use for Your Social Media Posts in 2023
- Marketing Tips 4 Useful Tactics That Will Boost Your Website’s Conversion Rates
- Tutorials How to Request a Custom Mockup
- Marketing Tips The BEST Marketing Calendar 2023 + 12 FREE Post Templates
- Marketing Tips The Complete Guide To Image Licenses In Marketing
- Mockups & Templates 10 Awesome Christmas Mockup Templates For Last Minute Marketing
- Marketing Tips Video Ads 101: Do They Work, and How To Use Them?
- Mockups & Templates 16 Corporate Stationery Mockup Templates For Beautiful Previews
- Blog 5 of the Best Design and Mockups Affiliate Programs Compared
- Mockups & Templates 10 TV Mockup Templates For Quick Marketing Images
- Mockups & Templates Free Neon Backgrounds with Instant Download
- Mockups & Templates Must Try: 9 Volatile and Practical Collage Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips What Is an Employer Branding Specialist, and Do You Need One?
- Design Tips Turn Boring Photos into Artwork with PNG Shadows (50 Free Overlays)
- Mockups & Templates 16 Incredibly Useful Print Mockup Templates For POD Businesses
- Design Tips 40 Free Organic SVG Backgrounds From Mediamodifier
- Blog Affiliate Marketing Trends to Keep an Eye on in 2023 | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates The 9 Best 3D Browser Mockups for Previewing Your Website
- Mockups & Templates 10 Clothing Mockups With Models You Should Use For Your Online Business
- Mockups & Templates What Does Mockup Mean? – A Beginner’s Guide to Mockups
- Tutorials Mockup API – The Complete Guide
- Blog TikTok & The Music Industry: The Impact of Viral Content
- Blog 3 Tips to Improve the Quality of a Mockup
- Mockups & Templates 15 Greeting Card Mockups With Flowers
- Mockups & Templates 10 Most Popular Website Screen Browser Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips 4 Failproof Ways To Make Money on TikTok
- Mockups & Templates 11 Beautiful Poster Mockups To Preview Your Designs and Artwork
- Blog Best Types of Affiliate Marketing Content | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 11 Business Card Mockups For Quick Professional Previews
- Design Tips Can AI Generate a Product Mockup? We Tested All the Tools to Find Out!
- Mockups & Templates Free Podium Backgrounds for a Stunning Product Showcase
- Blog Logo Design 101: 5 Reasons You Need a New One and How to Nail It
- Mockups & Templates iPhone 14 Mockup Templates With Colorful Backgrounds
- News New Feature: Edit Brightness/Contrast of a Mockup Layer
- Mockups & Templates 6 Loungewear Mockup Templates to Showcase Your Apparel Designs
- Tutorials How to Change the Instagram Story Default Background
- Mockups & Templates 21 Logo Mockup Templates Available in the Mediamodifier Generator
- Mockups & Templates 14 Professional Samsung Galaxy Fold Mockup Templates
- Design Tips How to Add Animated GIF to an Image
- Mockups & Templates 33 Beautiful Blanket Mockup Templates to Use Right Now
- Marketing Tips How to Present a Logo to a Client – 5 Useful Tips
- Blog Tips to Achieve Affiliate Marketing Success | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 Quiz Templates for Instagram Stories to Boost Your Engagement Fast
- Tutorials How to Use the Mediamodifier Mockup Generator for Free
- News Now Is The Best Time to Invest in Mediamodifier
- Blog How to Get Started with Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- News 6 Instagram Updates You Need to Know About – July 2022
- Blog What is Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 FREE Social Media Templates to Celebrate Pride Month
- Marketing Tips The Marketing Budgets of Big Companies
- Tutorials How to Add a Screenshot to a Computer Screen Stock Photo
- Marketing Tips The Secret to Promoting Your Product with Models
- Design Tips How to Create an Infographic Online With Mediamodifier
- News You Can Now Download SVG Vector Illustration Sets From Mediamodifier
- NFT NFTs: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Blog 8 Tools to Help You Become More Organized, From a Very Unorganized Person
- Design Tips Need Some Font Inspiration? Try These 5 Fonts Available on Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips 6 Websites That Will Make It Easier to Stay on Track When Working From Home
- Marketing Tips Make Your Work Easier With These 10 Productivity Tools
- Mockups & Templates How and Why to Use Client Testimonials + 5 Free Templates
- Tutorials How to Make an Online Invoice With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips Case Study: This User Creates Etsy Listings In Seconds With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips The Best POD Tools for a Successful Print-On-Demand Business
- Marketing Tips Case Study: Etsy Star Seller Increased Their Production Speed by 90% With Our Tool
- Design Tips Improve Design Skills With These 6 Projects
- NFT A Look Into the Future of NFT: What Will the Space Look Like in 10 Years?
- Mockups & Templates 10 Easter Instagram Post Templates That You Can Publish in Seconds
- News Spring Sale: Mediamodifier PRO Annual Plan Now 50% Off!
- Marketing Tips Use These Social Media Job Post Templates to Attract the Best Talent
- Marketing Tips 6 TED Talks That All Marketing Students Should Watch
- Marketing Tips 4 Elon Musk Marketing Tips You Could Apply Today
- Marketing Tips April Fools’ Day Marketing Ideas: 4 Brilliant Ideas [Updated 2023]
- Design Tips The Ultimate Design Cheat Sheet for Students
- News New Feature: Mediamodifier Team Accounts Plan
- Mockups & Templates How to Design a LinkedIn Banner for Your Profile
- Blog Introducing the New Mediamodifier Website
- Marketing Tips 5 Ways Mockups Are The Eco-Friendly Marketing Tools of the Future
- News New Feature: SVG Illustrations Inside the Mediamodifier Design Editor
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips to Get More Clients for Your Small Business
- Marketing Tips 5 of the Best Marketing TikTok Pages to Follow for Inspiration and Advice
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Social Media Posts Without Publishing Them
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips for Taking Better Product Photos
- Design Tips 5 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Used to Be Designers
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in March 2023
- Design Tips 8 Design Tips for Making a Good Concept Even Better
- Marketing Tips 5 Common Misconceptions About Social Media Managers
- Marketing Tips Improve Your Content With These 6 Tools For Small Businesses
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Product Packaging Online (Mockup Tool Tutorial)
- Design Tips 5 Principles of Psychology You Can Use to Improve A Design
- Marketing Tips 3 Smart Valentine’s Day Marketing Ideas To Promote Your Business
- News Why You Should Use This WordPress PoD Plugin for Your Store
- Mockups & Templates 20 Valentine’s Day Card Templates (That You Can Use Right Now)
- NFT 3 Reasons to Use an NFT Maker
- Marketing Tips Print on Demand: 6 Easy Steps to Start a Profitable Side Business
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in February 2023
- News This New Feature Makes It Even Easier To Use Our Mockup Editor
- Marketing Tips Starting a Small Business? 5 Things You’re Forgetting to Do
- NFT How to Use the Mediamodifier NFT Maker
- Mockups & Templates Boost Your Engagement: 9 Instagram Story Ideas
- Design Tips The Best 5 Colors to Use for Your Social Media in 2022
- Marketing Tips Ultimate Social Media Size Guide [Updated July 2022]
- Showroom Happy Fathers Day Mug Design in a Coffee Much On Sand Beach
- Showroom For Rent Sign in yard Sign Mockup Generator in front of House
- Showroom Sign Design in a Yard Sign Mockup Generator
- Showroom Large Sign Design on a Yard Sign Mockup Generator
- Showroom House Rent Sign in Yard Sign Mockup Generator
- Showroom For Rent Sign Design in Yard Sign Mockup Template