Creating great content is no easy feat. There’s a lot to do and it all takes time and effort. So, here are the 10 best content creation tools for small businesses that will help you make sure that the effort you put in is worth it.
We’ve broken it down into three categories: planning, writing and design. All of our suggested content creation tools are affordable and easy to use, making them perfect for small businesses.
Just like with any other aspect of your business, you should start with planning, research and ideation. Here are some tools that will help you come up with keywords to boost your SEO and create a content calendar.
1. Google Trends
Google Trends is content planning 101. It doesn’t go into too much detail, but it’s free and a great tool for understanding trends. Type in a keyword you’re interested in, select a location and see how many people are searching for your keyword at any point in time. In addition, you can compare search terms and see related queries. Although it won’t tell you anything about the future, you can look for patterns in existing data to plan.
There’s an abundance of SEO tools that will help build your keyword strategy and understand where your customers come from. Just to name a few, you have SEMRush, Moz and ahrefs. However, SparkToro offers a bit more insight into your buyer persona. You can search for insights based on who follows a social media account, frequently visits a webpage, talks about a specific topic or uses a hashtag. Use these insights to plan your content, add the right hashtags to your posts and use relatable phrases.
The social media and webpage insights don’t work on small pages, but you can type in a competitor’s account to see insights on their audience. The free plan offers 5 searches per month so choose wisely!
3. Hubspot Blog Ideas Generator
Have you figured out what you want to write about but are struggling to come up with an interesting angle? Hubspot Blog Ideas Generator is a free tool that generates ideas for blog posts. It’s simple, yet ingenious and might get your creative juices flowing. Check out the results that came up with the keywords “Content Creation”.
Creating content takes time which is why the best practice is to schedule all of your content one or two weeks in advance so you wouldn’t have to spend time on it every single day. There are probably hundreds of social media tools out there. Buffer is one of the most affordable with paid plans starting from just $15 a month. Here, you’re able to connect your Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts.
Now that you know what you’re going to create and when, it’s time to start writing! Don’t forget to use all the insights from your keyword planning across all digital presence: homepage texts, social media descriptions and blog articles. It all makes a whole.
Here are some of our favorite tools to help you.
Grammarly is just one of those tools you cannot believe is free. It has for sure saved me from quite a few embarrassing grammar mistakes. It works almost everywhere! Social media, emails, Google Docs, WordPress etc.
The free plan checks your spelling, gives grammar suggestions and even lets you know what tone of voice you’re giving off. For even more suggestions, you can upgrade to a premium plan. This will check for wordy sentences, formatting, punctuation in complex sentences and more.
If you’re planning on doing an interview for your blog or want to summarize meetings, a good transcription tool is a must! It can save you hours of work. In addition to Otter being able to transcribe video and audio files, you can use the app for live transcription! How awesome is that? Once you’ve received your transcription, all you have to do is to read through it to fix any mistakes and format it suitably.
Otter.ai gives you 3 files and 600 minutes of free transcription per month. Upgraded plans start from 8.33 USD a month making it affordable in every way.
Design is undeniably our favorite topic. Here are the best content creation tools for creating stunning visuals.
Mediamodifier is the go-to tool for drag-and-drop social media templates and mockups. You can create designs in seconds and publish them straight to social media. There are 4000+ designs to choose from and they’re all easily customizable in the drag-and-drop design editor so you can make any template your own. In addition, Mediamodifier offers a wide selection of mockups that help you visualize your designs on various products.
Who doesn’t love a well-designed infographic? If done well, they easily capture your audience’s attention and allow you to share a lot of information in an easy-to-grasp way. They’re great for building brand authority and educating your followers on topics important to your brand. Piktochart offers a large variety of free, customizable templates.
Who doesn’t love a good gif? Creating your own gifs is super easy. Just upload a video and Giphy will do the rest. This is also the place to create Instagram stickers for everyone to use. To do that, you need to create a brand or artist account, which isn’t as difficult as it seems.
The most popular gif of 2021 was this one of Stanley from the Office (US).
Our final content creation tool suggestion is Unsplash. Although nothing beats a personal photo bank, this is a great option if you’re in need of stock photos. All images on there are free to use and you can find some awesome gems there that aren’t those “obvious stock photo” types.
That rounds off the list of our favorite content creation tools. We hope these help you streamline your content creation process!
- Marketing Tips How to Sell Digital Downloads on Etsy – The Ultimate Guide
- Marketing Tips Introducing The Guest Post Guidelines For Mediamodifier Blog
- Mockups & Templates 10 New Logo Templates You Can Use For Your Print Company
- Design Tips The Best 7 Colors to Use for Your Social Media Posts in 2023
- Marketing Tips 4 Useful Tactics That Will Boost Your Website’s Conversion Rates
- Tutorials How to Request a Custom Mediamodifier Mockup
- Marketing Tips The BEST Marketing Calendar 2023 + 12 FREE Post Templates
- Marketing Tips The Complete Guide To Image Licenses In Marketing
- Mockups & Templates 10 Awesome Christmas Mockup Templates For Last Minute Marketing
- Marketing Tips Video Ads 101: Do They Work, and How To Use Them?
- Mockups & Templates 16 Corporate Stationery Mockup Templates For Beautiful Previews
- Blog 5 of the Best Design and Mockups Affiliate Programs Compared
- Mockups & Templates 10 TV Mockup Templates For Quick Marketing Images
- Mockups & Templates Free Neon Backgrounds with Instant Download
- Mockups & Templates Must Try: 9 Volatile and Practical Collage Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips What Is an Employer Branding Specialist, and Do You Need One?
- Design Tips Turn Boring Photos into Artwork with PNG Shadows (50 Free Overlays)
- Mockups & Templates 16 Incredibly Useful Print Mockup Templates For POD Businesses
- Design Tips 40 Free Organic SVG Backgrounds From Mediamodifier
- Blog Affiliate Marketing Trends to Keep an Eye on in 2023 | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates The 9 Best 3D Browser Mockups for Previewing Your Website
- Mockups & Templates 10 Clothing Mockups With Models You Should Use For Your Online Business
- Mockups & Templates What Does Mockup Mean? – A Beginner’s Guide to Mockups
- Tutorials Mockup API – The Complete Guide
- Blog TikTok & The Music Industry: The Impact of Viral Content
- Blog 3 Tips to Improve the Quality of a Mockup
- Mockups & Templates 15 Greeting Card Mockups With Flowers
- Mockups & Templates 10 Most Popular Website Screen Browser Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips 4 Failproof Ways To Make Money on TikTok
- Mockups & Templates 11 Beautiful Poster Mockups To Preview Your Designs and Artwork
- Blog Best Types of Affiliate Marketing Content | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 11 Business Card Mockups For Quick Professional Previews
- Design Tips Can AI Generate a Product Mockup? We Tested All the Tools to Find Out!
- Mockups & Templates Free Podium Backgrounds for a Stunning Product Showcase
- Blog Logo Design 101: 5 Reasons You Need a New One and How to Nail It
- Mockups & Templates iPhone 14 Mockup Templates With Colorful Backgrounds
- News New Feature: Edit Brightness/Contrast of a Mockup Layer
- Mockups & Templates 6 Loungewear Mockup Templates to Showcase Your Apparel Designs
- Tutorials How to Change the Instagram Story Default Background
- Mockups & Templates 21 Logo Mockup Templates Available in the Mediamodifier Generator
- Mockups & Templates 14 Professional Samsung Galaxy Fold Mockup Templates
- Design Tips How to Add Animated GIF to an Image
- Mockups & Templates 33 Beautiful Blanket Mockup Templates to Use Right Now
- Marketing Tips How to Present a Logo to a Client – 5 Useful Tips
- Blog Tips to Achieve Affiliate Marketing Success | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 Quiz Templates for Instagram Stories to Boost Your Engagement Fast
- Tutorials How to Use the Mediamodifier Mockup Generator for Free
- News Now Is The Best Time to Invest in Mediamodifier
- Blog How to Get Started with Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- News 6 Instagram Updates You Need to Know About – July 2022
- Blog What is Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 FREE Social Media Templates to Celebrate Pride Month
- Marketing Tips The Marketing Budgets of Big Companies
- Tutorials How to Add a Screenshot to a Computer Screen Stock Photo
- Marketing Tips The Secret to Promoting Your Product with Models
- Design Tips How to Create an Infographic Online With Mediamodifier
- News You Can Now Download SVG Vector Illustration Sets From Mediamodifier
- NFT NFTs: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Blog 8 Tools to Help You Become More Organized, From a Very Unorganized Person
- Design Tips Need Some Font Inspiration? Try These 5 Fonts Available on Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips 6 Websites That Will Make It Easier to Stay on Track When Working From Home
- Marketing Tips Make Your Work Easier With These 10 Productivity Tools
- Mockups & Templates How and Why to Use Client Testimonials + 5 Free Templates
- Tutorials How to Make an Online Invoice With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips Case Study: This User Creates Etsy Listings In Seconds With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips The Best POD Tools for a Successful Print-On-Demand Business
- Marketing Tips Case Study: Etsy Star Seller Increased Their Production Speed by 90% With Our Tool
- Design Tips Improve Design Skills With These 6 Projects
- NFT A Look Into the Future of NFT: What Will the Space Look Like in 10 Years?
- Mockups & Templates 10 Easter Instagram Post Templates That You Can Publish in Seconds
- News Spring Sale: Mediamodifier PRO Annual Plan Now 50% Off!
- Marketing Tips Use These Social Media Job Post Templates to Attract the Best Talent
- Marketing Tips 6 TED Talks That All Marketing Students Should Watch
- Marketing Tips 4 Elon Musk Marketing Tips You Could Apply Today
- Marketing Tips April Fools’ Day Marketing Ideas: 4 Brilliant Ideas for 2022
- Design Tips The Ultimate Design Cheat Sheet for Students
- News New Feature: Mediamodifier Team Accounts Plan
- Mockups & Templates How to Design a LinkedIn Banner for Your Profile
- Blog Introducing the New Mediamodifier Website
- Marketing Tips 5 Ways Mockups Are The Eco-Friendly Marketing Tools of the Future
- News New Feature: SVG Illustrations Inside the Mediamodifier Design Editor
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips to Get More Clients for Your Small Business
- Marketing Tips 5 of the Best Marketing TikTok Pages to Follow for Inspiration and Advice
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Social Media Posts Without Publishing Them
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips for Taking Better Product Photos
- Design Tips 5 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Used to Be Designers
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in March 2022
- Design Tips 8 Design Tips for Making a Good Concept Even Better
- Marketing Tips 5 Common Misconceptions About Social Media Managers
- Marketing Tips Improve Your Content With These 6 Tools For Small Businesses
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Product Packaging Online (Mockup Tool Tutorial)
- Design Tips 5 Principles of Psychology You Can Use to Improve A Design
- Marketing Tips 3 Smart Valentine’s Day Marketing Ideas To Promote Your Business
- News Why You Should Use This WordPress PoD Plugin for Your Store
- Mockups & Templates 20 Valentine’s Day Card Templates (That You Can Use Right Now)
- NFT 3 Reasons to Use an NFT Maker
- Marketing Tips Print on Demand: 6 Easy Steps to Start a Profitable Side Business
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in February 2022
- News This New Feature Makes It Even Easier To Use Our Mockup Editor
- Marketing Tips 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Marketing Budget
- Marketing Tips Starting a Small Business? 5 Things You’re Forgetting to Do
- NFT How to Use the Mediamodifier NFT Maker
- Mockups & Templates Boost Your Engagement: 9 Instagram Story Ideas
- Design Tips The Best 5 Colors to Use for Your Social Media in 2022
- Marketing Tips Ultimate Social Media Size Guide [Updated July 2022]
- Showroom Man With Apple Watch on Wrist PSD Photoshop Mockup
- Showroom PSD Template of a Square Paper on Festive Background
- Showroom Photoshop Mockup of a Picture Frame on White Brick Wall
- Showroom Photoshop Mockup of a MacBook on Decorated Desk
- Showroom Mockup Template of a T-Shirt Hanging in White Background
- Showroom Photoshop Mockup of a White Picture Frame on Top of a Couch
- Showroom PSD Mockup of a White Square Picture Frame on Wooden Chair
- Showroom PSD Mockup of a iPhone with Pen and Notebook