Why do we create social media content? We want to deliver a specific message to a wide audience. We want to get our brand noticed. We want to get heard.
Unfortunately, it happens pretty often that we create great (in our opinion) content but achieve no positive results. We get no likes, no comments, and no shares for our posts.
Today, we will discuss the common mistakes content creators make and give you pro tips on how to craft sharable content.
Are you ready to take your content marketing strategy to the new level? Let’s get started!
1) Come up with a share-worthy content idea
Sharable content always starts with a good idea.
For this reason, you should research content ideas meticulously to choose the right topics to cover.
Firstly, you should find trending content that’s actually relevant to your niche:
- Find out which topics social media users discuss the most. Check out what is trending on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Use content research tools like BuzzSumo and Google Alerts to monitor trending topics in your industry. Find out what events, brands, and personalities are in the center of public attention.
Secondly, you should define the issues that your target audience is concerned about:
- Check out customer comments on your website and social media.
- Look through recent posts on popular niche forums and review websites. Try to define frequently asked questions.
Once you get a clear understanding of what questions your customers have and what content is currently trending, you will come up with a great content idea.
Let’s consider an example to understand how it works.
Imagine that you run an essay writing business. You want to create a remarkable Facebook post to engage your target audience (international students).
You research the keyword “academic essay writing”. And you find out the following: the most engaging and sharable content is articles with tips on IELTS writing.
You decide to go the extra mile and look through the academic essay writers reviews and popular forum threads. You come across lots of comments and questions regarding IELTS writing, and it becomes obvious to you what topic you should cover.
You should create a list of smart, actionable tips on how to prepare for the IELTS exam. Your target audience is looking for this very type of content. So if you write a quality Facebook post, it’s highly likely that users will want to share it with their peers.
1) Design catchy visuals
The next step you should take is to create a piece of visual content that will grab the audience’s attention. It can be an image, video, meme, infographics, or social media graphics of any type.
If you don’t know what kind of visuals is the best option for you, answer the following questions:
- What types of content do your followers like the most? Which of your previous social media posts did generate the highest engagement rate?
- What type of content do your competitors use? Yep, it’s always important to keep an eye on your competitors and apply their best practices to your business and marketing.
If you want to make your content go viral online, you should be creative and think outside the box. You should build something brand new to impress your followers and make them stop scrolling.
Well, you don’t have to be a professional graphic designer to complete this task. You just need to choose the right design tool.
Mediamodifier is an online design editor that helps to create exclusive social media posts fast and easily. You can use it to find suitable templates for your Facebook posts, tweets, and Instagram Stories.
Besides, you can leverage Mediamodifier to visualize your unpublished posts with custom ad mockups. You can check how your post will be displayed on different devices and make some adjustments if necessary.
Using Mediamodifier, you can boost your content marketing efforts and create more quality content.
3) Write a killer caption
The saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. Well, it’s quite true. However, if you want to create sharable content, you need to use not only visuals but also add some text.
Here is how you can write a killer caption for your social media post:
- Intrigue the reader. The first line of your social media post should “stop the scroll” and encourage users to read the whole caption.
- Bring the value. Provide the reader with useful information, give some actionable tips, or write a joke.
- Provoke the actions. Ask a question. Encourage users to comment on your post and tag a friend.
Here are a few more writing tips for you:
- Add a few emojis to your caption to convey the tone of your message.
- If your target audience uses internet slang, feel free to use slang words in your captions. It will help you to make your post more appealing.
- If you want to polish your caption to excellence, don’t hesitate to get help from social media experts or use the best college writing websites.
- Keep your captions short and concise. Social media users don’t like to read long posts.
- Proofread your post before publishing it. Make sure that the text is free of grammar mistakes and typos.
- Use hashtags. Always. You should add 1-3 hashtags to your posts on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, and up to 10 hashtags to your posts on Instagram.
Image source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-17eWGgdB_/
Once again, we want to remind you that to create shareable content, you should understand what type of information your target audience is looking for. You should have a clear idea of who will engage with your posts. Because if you write a post on a random topic and try to attract random users – it will not work.
We highly suggest you use this article as a guide to creating share-worthy content. Research content ideas, design catchy visuals, write a good caption – and you will hit your goal.
- Marketing Tips How to Sell Digital Downloads on Etsy – The Ultimate Guide
- Marketing Tips Introducing The Guest Post Guidelines For Mediamodifier Blog
- Mockups & Templates 10 New Logo Templates You Can Use For Your Print Company
- Design Tips The Best 7 Colors to Use for Your Social Media Posts in 2023
- Marketing Tips 4 Useful Tactics That Will Boost Your Website’s Conversion Rates
- Tutorials How to Request a Custom Mediamodifier Mockup
- Marketing Tips The BEST Marketing Calendar 2023 + 12 FREE Post Templates
- Marketing Tips The Complete Guide To Image Licenses In Marketing
- Mockups & Templates 10 Awesome Christmas Mockup Templates For Last Minute Marketing
- Marketing Tips Video Ads 101: Do They Work, and How To Use Them?
- Mockups & Templates 16 Corporate Stationery Mockup Templates For Beautiful Previews
- Blog 5 of the Best Design and Mockups Affiliate Programs Compared
- Mockups & Templates 10 TV Mockup Templates For Quick Marketing Images
- Mockups & Templates Free Neon Backgrounds with Instant Download
- Mockups & Templates Must Try: 9 Volatile and Practical Collage Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips What Is an Employer Branding Specialist, and Do You Need One?
- Design Tips Turn Boring Photos into Artwork with PNG Shadows (50 Free Overlays)
- Mockups & Templates 16 Incredibly Useful Print Mockup Templates For POD Businesses
- Design Tips 40 Free Organic SVG Backgrounds From Mediamodifier
- Blog Affiliate Marketing Trends to Keep an Eye on in 2023 | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates The 9 Best 3D Browser Mockups for Previewing Your Website
- Mockups & Templates 10 Clothing Mockups With Models You Should Use For Your Online Business
- Mockups & Templates What Does Mockup Mean? – A Beginner’s Guide to Mockups
- Tutorials Mockup API – The Complete Guide
- Blog TikTok & The Music Industry: The Impact of Viral Content
- Blog 3 Tips to Improve the Quality of a Mockup
- Mockups & Templates 15 Greeting Card Mockups With Flowers
- Mockups & Templates 10 Most Popular Website Screen Browser Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips 4 Failproof Ways To Make Money on TikTok
- Mockups & Templates 11 Beautiful Poster Mockups To Preview Your Designs and Artwork
- Blog Best Types of Affiliate Marketing Content | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 11 Business Card Mockups For Quick Professional Previews
- Design Tips Can AI Generate a Product Mockup? We Tested All the Tools to Find Out!
- Mockups & Templates Free Podium Backgrounds for a Stunning Product Showcase
- Blog Logo Design 101: 5 Reasons You Need a New One and How to Nail It
- Mockups & Templates iPhone 14 Mockup Templates With Colorful Backgrounds
- News New Feature: Edit Brightness/Contrast of a Mockup Layer
- Mockups & Templates 6 Loungewear Mockup Templates to Showcase Your Apparel Designs
- Tutorials How to Change the Instagram Story Default Background
- Mockups & Templates 21 Logo Mockup Templates Available in the Mediamodifier Generator
- Mockups & Templates 14 Professional Samsung Galaxy Fold Mockup Templates
- Design Tips How to Add Animated GIF to an Image
- Mockups & Templates 33 Beautiful Blanket Mockup Templates to Use Right Now
- Marketing Tips How to Present a Logo to a Client – 5 Useful Tips
- Blog Tips to Achieve Affiliate Marketing Success | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 Quiz Templates for Instagram Stories to Boost Your Engagement Fast
- Tutorials How to Use the Mediamodifier Mockup Generator for Free
- News Now Is The Best Time to Invest in Mediamodifier
- Blog How to Get Started with Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- News 6 Instagram Updates You Need to Know About – July 2022
- Blog What is Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 FREE Social Media Templates to Celebrate Pride Month
- Marketing Tips The Marketing Budgets of Big Companies
- Tutorials How to Add a Screenshot to a Computer Screen Stock Photo
- Marketing Tips The Secret to Promoting Your Product with Models
- Design Tips How to Create an Infographic Online With Mediamodifier
- News You Can Now Download SVG Vector Illustration Sets From Mediamodifier
- NFT NFTs: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Blog 8 Tools to Help You Become More Organized, From a Very Unorganized Person
- Design Tips Need Some Font Inspiration? Try These 5 Fonts Available on Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips 6 Websites That Will Make It Easier to Stay on Track When Working From Home
- Marketing Tips Make Your Work Easier With These 10 Productivity Tools
- Mockups & Templates How and Why to Use Client Testimonials + 5 Free Templates
- Tutorials How to Make an Online Invoice With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips Case Study: This User Creates Etsy Listings In Seconds With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips The Best POD Tools for a Successful Print-On-Demand Business
- Marketing Tips Case Study: Etsy Star Seller Increased Their Production Speed by 90% With Our Tool
- Design Tips Improve Design Skills With These 6 Projects
- NFT A Look Into the Future of NFT: What Will the Space Look Like in 10 Years?
- Mockups & Templates 10 Easter Instagram Post Templates That You Can Publish in Seconds
- News Spring Sale: Mediamodifier PRO Annual Plan Now 50% Off!
- Marketing Tips Use These Social Media Job Post Templates to Attract the Best Talent
- Marketing Tips 6 TED Talks That All Marketing Students Should Watch
- Marketing Tips 4 Elon Musk Marketing Tips You Could Apply Today
- Marketing Tips April Fools’ Day Marketing Ideas: 4 Brilliant Ideas for 2022
- Design Tips The Ultimate Design Cheat Sheet for Students
- News New Feature: Mediamodifier Team Accounts Plan
- Mockups & Templates How to Design a LinkedIn Banner for Your Profile
- Blog Introducing the New Mediamodifier Website
- Marketing Tips 5 Ways Mockups Are The Eco-Friendly Marketing Tools of the Future
- News New Feature: SVG Illustrations Inside the Mediamodifier Design Editor
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips to Get More Clients for Your Small Business
- Marketing Tips 5 of the Best Marketing TikTok Pages to Follow for Inspiration and Advice
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Social Media Posts Without Publishing Them
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips for Taking Better Product Photos
- Design Tips 5 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Used to Be Designers
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in March 2022
- Design Tips 8 Design Tips for Making a Good Concept Even Better
- Marketing Tips 5 Common Misconceptions About Social Media Managers
- Marketing Tips Improve Your Content With These 6 Tools For Small Businesses
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Product Packaging Online (Mockup Tool Tutorial)
- Design Tips 5 Principles of Psychology You Can Use to Improve A Design
- Marketing Tips 3 Smart Valentine’s Day Marketing Ideas To Promote Your Business
- News Why You Should Use This WordPress PoD Plugin for Your Store
- Mockups & Templates 20 Valentine’s Day Card Templates (That You Can Use Right Now)
- NFT 3 Reasons to Use an NFT Maker
- Marketing Tips Print on Demand: 6 Easy Steps to Start a Profitable Side Business
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in February 2022
- News This New Feature Makes It Even Easier To Use Our Mockup Editor
- Marketing Tips 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Marketing Budget
- Marketing Tips Starting a Small Business? 5 Things You’re Forgetting to Do
- NFT How to Use the Mediamodifier NFT Maker
- Mockups & Templates Boost Your Engagement: 9 Instagram Story Ideas
- Design Tips The Best 5 Colors to Use for Your Social Media in 2022
- Marketing Tips Ultimate Social Media Size Guide [Updated July 2022]
- Showroom iPhone Mockup Held in a Hand in Open Area
- Showroom iPhone 14 with AirPods Hovering around Photoshop PSD Mockup
- Showroom iPhone 14 Pro PSD Mockup with Simple Background
- Showroom iPhone 14 App Screen Mockup with a Wall Background
- Showroom Photoshop Mockup of iPhone 14 Pro with Floating Airpods
- Showroom Mockup of a Square Wood Frame on Wall with Shadows
- Showroom TV Mounted on Wall Photoshop PSD Mockup