- What is a design template?
- Canva, Crello, Snappa or Mediamodifier?
- Main differences between them
Good design is critical for businesses, but not everyone can afford to hire a graphic designer or an in-house design team.
Design templates remove any complicated design steps, even equipping the most amateur graphic designer, marketer, or brand influencer to create sumptuous visuals.
Design templates provide a design shortcut, so you only have to spend time filling in the critical details.
However, which is the best design template software?
What is a design template?
Design templates are pre-made template designs that can be filled in or edited. All templates are designed to meet precise standard sizes or specifications, so they are consistent between users and platforms. Pre-designed templates are offered from various software providers known as online design makers.
Canva, Crello, Snappa, Mediamodifier?
Canva was released in 2012 that allows users to easily create more complex art projects in a manner of minutes. Canva is great for both masters of graphic design as well as novices.
Drag and Drop
Crucial, especially for newer designers. Canva has a powerful drag and drop functionality where users can seamlessly drag and drop image components and edit layers that users probably prefer over Adobe products.
Canva has a host of great features competing even with the Adobe suite of graphic design software. It has a massive database of templates that users can get started with that can unleash your creative side in no time at all.
Canva has a nifty feature where it automatically saves all the templates that you modify within your designs. So if you lose online access, they will be saved from the last point of the edit. These auto-saved designs can be edited in the future when needed.
The difference between the free program and that of the subscription means the user needs to use the $12.95 monthly fee to actually accomplish their projects. Otherwise, users will end up paying per picture, and this can skyrocket the costs.
Canva is competitive compared to its rivals, plus it has excellent functionality compared to the Adobe suite of graphic design software. For testing the software, the free plan doesn’t offer much in the way of free non-watermarked images. The free version also only contains 2 folders.
Canva for Work is $12.95 a month.
Canva for Work allows users to have unlimited folders and provides unfettered access to many other features, like the 8,000 templates for those new to image design.
Crello is an online graphic tool, developed by Depositphotos, a microstock photo agency based in Florida, the USA in 2016.
Crello is a good alternative to Canva as it’s designed to help you mostly with designing something for web needs. In today’s social media age, people (social media managers in particular) need an instant tool to create visual content for social media. Crello does very well here, where it can create animated content.
Crello tends to create social media-related designs like visual content for new posts, Facebook cover, Twitter header, and YouTube Channel art. However, you can also use it to create other designs like a blog header, posters, flyers, invitations, and so on.
Crello has subcategories icons on the left side, making them easily visible to access and store your images.
When you click on a specific text or image on the Crello canvas, users get a pop-up editing option to edit the image or text. Editing options include font color, font style, font size, and alignment.
Like Canva, free Crello plan users can only create a maximum of two folders, compared to unlimited folders for premium users.
Furthermore, Crello does not integrate with Dropbox, so free users of the software are unable to save their images in their cloud software.
Users can use all offered features on Crello for free, they will only be required to pay if they want to use any paid images, that cost $0.99 per picture. Otherwise, it is $7.99 per month for the Pro package.
However, it seems that Crello is a tool used by its owner Depositphotos to sell its photos.
Snappa is a cloud-based graphics editor for social media, personal, and marketing purposes. Founded in 2015 from Canada, Snappa was designed to make creating visual content easily without the use of sophisticated tools like those in Photoshop and other similar image editing applications. Snappa is also a good alternative to Crello, as both are mostly focused on web-graphics.
Easy to get started
To get started with Snappa, users only have to enter your full name, email, and password. Users should then receive a confirmation email that contains a video link to a Snappa tutorial.
This helps you get your account set up correctly and learn about creating custom graphics using Snappa. So if you are a novice, you will become a power user in less than 10 minutes.
Snappa’s free plan lets users share their creative works on two social media channels, directly via a Snappa account to whichever social media channel you choose.
What Snappa has, though, is to provide a Buffer integration with every paid plan – whether Pro or Team.
With Buffer integrated, users can easily schedule their graphics and photo posts to all their linked social media accounts set up through Buffer.
Snappa has a free account, but it is constrained, so it’s ideal for newbies just looking to get started. It has two subscription plans, which, when paid annually, present a plethora of options, including unlimited monthly pictures, saved images, templates, and social media integrations.
Snappa plans are either $10 a month or $20 for teams. Snappa then is ideal for heavy usage and the highest pan for teams of 5 people.
Hailing from Estonia, in the heart of the Baltic Silicon Valley, Mediamodifier is made for marketers, entrepreneurs and social media influencers.
Free Design Maker
Starting a new design from scratch is completely free and doesn’t even require creating an account. This means you can use Mediamodifier for creating any kind of quick graphics for web use. The paid plan also includes hundreds of ready-made design templates and thousands of product mockups.
Mediamodifier has a day ticket usage meaning that you don’t have to subscribe to a monthly plan or worry about how many images you create and download – all is unlimited for 24 hours (costing $15 for 24 hours), including image licensing fees – this includes designs and also mockup templates.
Great for those looking for occasional use for a marketing campaign.
Drag and drop
Like Canva, Mediamodifier has a powerful drag and drop feature, which is vital for budding graphic designers. Users can easily drag and drop and edit layers from business cards to mugs to even t-shirts for promotional campaigns. The design maker also has vector SVG image support and video editing capabilities.
Unlike its competitors, Mediamodifier doesn’t upload your images to the server, making it actually faster to design and create images.
Unlike the others mentioned above, Mediamodifier offers users a ‘day ticket’ which includes unlimited downloads for 24 hours, the same as if you purchased an unlimited subscription.
A money-back guarantee is also included if you do not end up using the day ticket. Yearly subscriptions work out at $9 a month, or monthly is $19.
Lack of design templates
If template designs are your forte, then you’d better searching through alternatives such as Canva or Crello to find what you need as Mediamodifier is a little light on these designs. However, if you’re more a DIY designer and don’t rely on a design template, then the free design maker is a perfect match for you!
Mobile editor a bit clunky
For those budding designers and social media managers on the go, designing images on mobile are imperative to their roles. Mediamodifier’s mobile editor is working, but it’s not quite up to scratch (yet) compared to the alternative design tools Canva and Crello which have a professional mobile version.
Main differences between them
|Design Templates||60 000||25 000||5000||700+|
|Free Version||✔️||✔️ ||✔️||✔️|
|Mockup Templates||❌||❌||❌|| ✔️ (2000+)|
|Video Support||✔️||✔️||❌|| ✔️|
|Drag & Drop||✔️||✔️||❌||✔️|
|Monthly Price (Paid Yearly)||$8.99||$7.99||$10||$9|
|Resize a Design||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Publish to Social Media||✔️||✔️||via Buffer||✔️|
|Affiliate Payout Rate||up to $36 for each new Canva Pro subscriber||$2 for each new user||30%||51%|
**All prices, features and information are correct at the time of writing. The author nor Mediamodifier LLC is held responsible for any changes made by the information contained.**
Out of the 4 design makers compared in this review, Canva definitely stands out as the most advanced tool, which is most feature-rich and includes thousands of templates for absolutely every occasion.
However don’t make your decision just yet… as a tool which can do everything pretty well, does Canva meet your needs when you simply need to do something brilliantly? As Canva is used by tens of millions of people, then a fair question is how many people out there are actually using the same template as I am about to use?
If you’re looking for a feature-rich alternative to Canva, then Crello is a pretty good choice. Crello also includes loads of templates, and it supports animations and video.
Canva vs Crello
Snappa vs Mediamodifier
If uttermost simplicity and speed is what you’re after, then definitely have a look at Snappa and Mediamodifier – there is practically no learning curve!
NB: both tools include a free resize feature, for transforming one design template into another format quite automatically, which is only available for paying users in Canva.
Snappa and Mediamodifier are mostly focused on web graphics which means if you need visuals for your social media pages, marketing campaigns or website then you won’t regret trying out these tools.
- Marketing Tips Introducing The Guest Post Guidelines For Mediamodifier Blog
- Mockups & Templates 10 New Logo Templates You Can Use For Your Print Company
- Design Tips The Best 7 Colors to Use for Your Social Media Posts in 2023
- Marketing Tips 4 Useful Tactics That Will Boost Your Website’s Conversion Rates
- Tutorials How to Request a Custom Mediamodifier Mockup
- Marketing Tips The BEST Marketing Calendar 2023 + 12 FREE Post Templates
- Marketing Tips The Complete Guide To Image Licenses In Marketing
- Mockups & Templates 10 Awesome Christmas Mockup Templates For Last Minute Marketing
- Marketing Tips Video Ads 101: Do They Work, and How To Use Them?
- Mockups & Templates 16 Corporate Stationery Mockup Templates For Beautiful Previews
- Blog 5 of the Best Design and Mockups Affiliate Programs Compared
- Mockups & Templates 10 TV Mockup Templates For Quick Marketing Images
- Mockups & Templates Free Neon Backgrounds with Instant Download
- Mockups & Templates Must Try: 9 Volatile and Practical Collage Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips What Is an Employer Branding Specialist, and Do You Need One?
- Design Tips Turn Boring Photos into Artwork with PNG Shadows (50 Free Overlays)
- Mockups & Templates 16 Incredibly Useful Print Mockup Templates For POD Businesses
- Design Tips 40 Free Organic SVG Backgrounds From Mediamodifier
- Blog Affiliate Marketing Trends to Keep an Eye on in 2023 | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates The 9 Best 3D Browser Mockups for Previewing Your Website
- Mockups & Templates 10 Clothing Mockups With Models You Should Use For Your Online Business
- Mockups & Templates What Does Mockup Mean? – A Beginner’s Guide to Mockups
- Tutorials Mockup API – The Complete Guide
- Blog TikTok & The Music Industry: The Impact of Viral Content
- Blog 3 Tips to Improve the Quality of a Mockup
- Mockups & Templates 15 Greeting Card Mockups With Flowers
- Mockups & Templates 10 Most Popular Website Screen Browser Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips 4 Failproof Ways To Make Money on TikTok
- Mockups & Templates 11 Beautiful Poster Mockups To Preview Your Designs and Artwork
- Blog Best Types of Affiliate Marketing Content | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 11 Business Card Mockups For Quick Professional Previews
- Design Tips Can AI Generate a Product Mockup? We Tested All the Tools to Find Out!
- Mockups & Templates Free Podium Backgrounds for a Stunning Product Showcase
- Blog Logo Design 101: 5 Reasons You Need a New One and How to Nail It
- Mockups & Templates iPhone 14 Mockup Templates With Colorful Backgrounds
- News New Feature: Edit Brightness/Contrast of a Mockup Layer
- Mockups & Templates 6 Loungewear Mockup Templates to Showcase Your Apparel Designs
- Tutorials How to Change the Instagram Story Default Background
- Mockups & Templates 21 Logo Mockup Templates Available in the Mediamodifier Generator
- Mockups & Templates 14 Professional Samsung Galaxy Fold Mockup Templates
- Design Tips How to Add Animated GIF to an Image
- Mockups & Templates 33 Beautiful Blanket Mockup Templates to Use Right Now
- Marketing Tips How to Present a Logo to a Client – 5 Useful Tips
- Blog Tips to Achieve Affiliate Marketing Success | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 Quiz Templates for Instagram Stories to Boost Your Engagement Fast
- Tutorials How to Use the Mediamodifier Mockup Generator for Free
- News Now Is The Best Time to Invest in Mediamodifier
- Blog How to Get Started with Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- News 6 Instagram Updates You Need to Know About – July 2022
- Blog What is Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 FREE Social Media Templates to Celebrate Pride Month
- Marketing Tips The Marketing Budgets of Big Companies
- Tutorials How to Add a Screenshot to a Computer Screen Stock Photo
- Marketing Tips The Secret to Promoting Your Product with Models
- Design Tips How to Create an Infographic Online With Mediamodifier
- News You Can Now Download SVG Vector Illustration Sets From Mediamodifier
- NFT NFTs: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Blog 8 Tools to Help You Become More Organized, From a Very Unorganized Person
- Design Tips Need Some Font Inspiration? Try These 5 Fonts Available on Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips 6 Websites That Will Make It Easier to Stay on Track When Working From Home
- Marketing Tips Make Your Work Easier With These 10 Productivity Tools
- Mockups & Templates How and Why to Use Client Testimonials + 5 Free Templates
- Tutorials How to Make an Online Invoice With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips Case Study: This User Creates Etsy Listings In Seconds With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips The Best POD Tools for a Successful Print-On-Demand Business
- Marketing Tips Case Study: Etsy Star Seller Increased Their Production Speed by 90% With Our Tool
- Design Tips Improve Design Skills With These 6 Projects
- NFT A Look Into the Future of NFT: What Will the Space Look Like in 10 Years?
- Mockups & Templates 10 Easter Instagram Post Templates That You Can Publish in Seconds
- News Spring Sale: Mediamodifier PRO Annual Plan Now 50% Off!
- Marketing Tips Use These Social Media Job Post Templates to Attract the Best Talent
- Marketing Tips 6 TED Talks That All Marketing Students Should Watch
- Marketing Tips 4 Elon Musk Marketing Tips You Could Apply Today
- Marketing Tips April Fools’ Day Marketing Ideas: 4 Brilliant Ideas for 2022
- Design Tips The Ultimate Design Cheat Sheet for Students
- News New Feature: Mediamodifier Team Accounts Plan
- Mockups & Templates How to Design a LinkedIn Banner for Your Profile
- Blog Introducing the New Mediamodifier Website
- Marketing Tips 5 Ways Mockups Are The Eco-Friendly Marketing Tools of the Future
- News New Feature: SVG Illustrations Inside the Mediamodifier Design Editor
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips to Get More Clients for Your Small Business
- Marketing Tips 5 of the Best Marketing TikTok Pages to Follow for Inspiration and Advice
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Social Media Posts Without Publishing Them
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips for Taking Better Product Photos
- Design Tips 5 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Used to Be Designers
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in March 2022
- Design Tips 8 Design Tips for Making a Good Concept Even Better
- Marketing Tips 5 Common Misconceptions About Social Media Managers
- Marketing Tips Improve Your Content With These 6 Tools For Small Businesses
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Product Packaging Online (Mockup Tool Tutorial)
- Design Tips 5 Principles of Psychology You Can Use to Improve A Design
- Marketing Tips 3 Smart Valentine’s Day Marketing Ideas To Promote Your Business
- News Why You Should Use This WordPress PoD Plugin for Your Store
- Mockups & Templates 20 Valentine’s Day Card Templates (That You Can Use Right Now)
- NFT 3 Reasons to Use an NFT Maker
- Marketing Tips Print on Demand: 6 Easy Steps to Start a Profitable Side Business
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in February 2022
- News This New Feature Makes It Even Easier To Use Our Mockup Editor
- Marketing Tips 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Marketing Budget
- Marketing Tips Starting a Small Business? 5 Things You’re Forgetting to Do
- NFT How to Use the Mediamodifier NFT Maker
- Mockups & Templates Boost Your Engagement: 9 Instagram Story Ideas
- Design Tips The Best 5 Colors to Use for Your Social Media in 2022
- Marketing Tips Ultimate Social Media Size Guide [Updated July 2022]
- Showroom Mockup of a Square Wood Frame on Wall with Shadows
- Showroom TV Mounted on Wall Photoshop PSD Mockup
- Showroom TV Screen Photoshop Mockup with on Top of a Shelf
- Showroom Photoshop Mockup of a TV Screen with Minimal Background
- Showroom PSD Photoshop Mockup of a Glossy Bottle
- Showroom Photoshop Mockup of a Glossy Plastic Bottle
- Mockups & Templates Maximize Customer Loyalty with 12 Awesome Customizable Reward Card Templates