Design thinking consists of trying to see through the customer’s eyes and helping them figure out the solutions to their problems. The whole concept of design thinking is to craft the customer journey just the way your targeted audience wants it.
Various aspects of sales can be improved using design thinking that also includes visual content marketing. Mostly design thinking gravitates towards a human-centered approach to cover market gaps that leave customers unsatisfied.
How can you implement this? Here are eight steps for bringing design thinking to your sales processes.
1) Define customer personas and try to identify their journey
The first step to implementing design thinking to the sales processes you are using is defining the different customer personas you’re targeting. Once you have identified the customer personas, the most crucial step is defining their journey. In this phase, sales professionals need to view the customer journey through the eyes of the targeted audience.
Try to see things from their perspective and what they expect from the journey. More especially, try to identify the decision-making process and what would influence customers to convert to the business.
Knowing how customers move through the customer journey will help you identify where to improve. Take this step for every customer persona of the audience you are targeting to customize their entire purchase process.
2) Take note of pain points or certain customer emotions
When mapping out the customer journey through the customer’s eyes, you will see that there are certain pain points or key moments that influence their purchase decisions.
Mike Brown is a highly experienced sales and marketing writer for Dissertation Help, one of the best services as per online essay writing service reviews. He suggests that perhaps during the first step, you noticed that customers face a certain problem that is not addressed in the sales pitch you’ve drafted. Alternatively, if the sales process is not convenient for the customer, you should note these pain points.
You might also recognize that certain moments can be leveraged by making the customer feel special. All those moments that impact the customer’s emotions and subsequently, their decision-making process must be noted. Also, look out for points where you can add strategic value to the buyer’s journey.
3) Brainstorm potential solutions
Once the pain points and aspects where you can improve have been identified, it is time to brainstorm the potential solutions to the problem. Try to brainstorm possible solutions that can reinforce the customer journey and make it more pleasant to buyers. Try to offer more information about the products if customers do not fully understand the product.
The digital marketing expert at a well-known student custom essay service that provides assignment help to college students says that using visual content and other persuasive data to make customers enjoy the journey more is essential. All of the pain points identified when mapping out the journey that has been documented must have shortlisted solutions aiming to resolve them.
The entire sales and marketing team should throw in ideas during this phase to develop the most innovative solution.
4) Implement viable solutions to bring design thinking to life
All the brainstormed solutions should be assessed and go through a thorough microscope checking for any vulnerabilities. In this step, you should have both marketing and sales teams.
That is to ensure that the implementation of any sales processes does not contradict or compromise marketing efforts. The solutions that are implemented should be viable and human-centered, making customers enjoy their journey to a greater extent.
Do not use generic solutions because customers have already gotten used to them. Instead, implement out of the box solutions that add value to customers and leads them to convert to the business. If a solution presents other weaknesses or vulnerabilities, try to avoid and implement a foolproof one.
5) Use the relevant tools to make the sales process a success
When brainstorming potential solutions, assess the current tools that you are using and determine if they meet the newly identified requirements. If you need new tools, find the relevant ones, and do not rely solely on the data provided by them. A sales team should not overly rely on tools to make decisions regarding their processes.
Instead, they should only use them minimally and rely more on their human instincts to make the customer journey user-friendly. The relevant tools that should be used by sales teams include ones that provide clinical data about the efficiency of the processes being implemented or lack thereof.
Using only the relevant tools appropriately will contribute to smooth sailing sales processes that benefit the customer and business alike.
6) Familiarize the team with the improved sales processes and tools
The most important commodity a sales team has is the employee collaboration to sell the products. Ignoring this crucial human aspect can diminish the spirit of design thinking and result in an unpleasant customer journey.
To ensure that you are implementing design thinking throughout the entire sales process, train employees on the principles of this concept.
The most important thing to do here is equipping the staff with the necessary information and tools to be more than brand advocates. Instead, your staff should take an advisory role and conduct the tasks of being consultants to customers. Giving advice that adds value to customers is the most invaluable asset that converts potential clients.
7) Measure the performance of the updated sales processes
When you are implementing design thinking to your sales process, gauge the performance of this strategy to see if it is making any difference.
If there is no change or you’re experiencing a decline in sales, review the changes you have made to check any vulnerabilities. Tools come in handy in this aspect of tracking and monitoring the performance of the sales processes implemented.
CRM tools can be very beneficial in this step because they document the satisfaction levels of customers. You can also use these tools to determine how customers feel about the product and brand using data gathered on social media platforms and other sources.
The Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) you will use to track the performance of the sales processes must be identified and set before implementing them.
8) Acknowledge and implement all feedback received from customers
Sometimes customers can directly notify you of any problems they faced and come up with suggestions for fixing the problems. In this case, you need to exercise humility and take the suggestions to mind by brainstorming how they can be implemented. You might also extend the invitation for customers to help the business develop ideas for improving the customer journey.
After all, they will be the experts in this matter because they’re the ones who have to go through the journey. Ask them how they would like it to be and brainstorm solutions on implementing these suggestions. Involving them in formulating sales processes that are more efficient is a great way of bringing design thinking to your sales processes.
The bottom line
Implementing these steps will make your sales processes human-centric and the customer journey enjoyable to clients. Do not be afraid to include customers by asking for their feedback. Ensure that you monitor the performance of the sales processes by setting KPIs that will determine its efficacy and indicate any due changes that should be made.
Michael Gorman works for the best essay writing service UK as the lead writer for thesis, dissertations, essays and term papers. His other freelance assignments include a Personal statement writing service and Do my assignment online. His several assignments with the best writing agencies are proof of his writing, editing and researching brilliance.
- Marketing Tips How to Sell Digital Downloads on Etsy – The Ultimate Guide
- Marketing Tips Introducing The Guest Post Guidelines For Mediamodifier Blog
- Mockups & Templates 10 New Logo Templates You Can Use For Your Print Company
- Design Tips The Best 7 Colors to Use for Your Social Media Posts in 2023
- Marketing Tips 4 Useful Tactics That Will Boost Your Website’s Conversion Rates
- Tutorials How to Request a Custom Mediamodifier Mockup
- Marketing Tips The BEST Marketing Calendar 2023 + 12 FREE Post Templates
- Marketing Tips The Complete Guide To Image Licenses In Marketing
- Mockups & Templates 10 Awesome Christmas Mockup Templates For Last Minute Marketing
- Marketing Tips Video Ads 101: Do They Work, and How To Use Them?
- Mockups & Templates 16 Corporate Stationery Mockup Templates For Beautiful Previews
- Blog 5 of the Best Design and Mockups Affiliate Programs Compared
- Mockups & Templates 10 TV Mockup Templates For Quick Marketing Images
- Mockups & Templates Free Neon Backgrounds with Instant Download
- Mockups & Templates Must Try: 9 Volatile and Practical Collage Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips What Is an Employer Branding Specialist, and Do You Need One?
- Design Tips Turn Boring Photos into Artwork with PNG Shadows (50 Free Overlays)
- Mockups & Templates 16 Incredibly Useful Print Mockup Templates For POD Businesses
- Design Tips 40 Free Organic SVG Backgrounds From Mediamodifier
- Blog Affiliate Marketing Trends to Keep an Eye on in 2023 | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates The 9 Best 3D Browser Mockups for Previewing Your Website
- Mockups & Templates 10 Clothing Mockups With Models You Should Use For Your Online Business
- Mockups & Templates What Does Mockup Mean? – A Beginner’s Guide to Mockups
- Tutorials Mockup API – The Complete Guide
- Blog TikTok & The Music Industry: The Impact of Viral Content
- Blog 3 Tips to Improve the Quality of a Mockup
- Mockups & Templates 15 Greeting Card Mockups With Flowers
- Mockups & Templates 10 Most Popular Website Screen Browser Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips 4 Failproof Ways To Make Money on TikTok
- Mockups & Templates 11 Beautiful Poster Mockups To Preview Your Designs and Artwork
- Blog Best Types of Affiliate Marketing Content | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 11 Business Card Mockups For Quick Professional Previews
- Design Tips Can AI Generate a Product Mockup? We Tested All the Tools to Find Out!
- Mockups & Templates Free Podium Backgrounds for a Stunning Product Showcase
- Blog Logo Design 101: 5 Reasons You Need a New One and How to Nail It
- Mockups & Templates iPhone 14 Mockup Templates With Colorful Backgrounds
- News New Feature: Edit Brightness/Contrast of a Mockup Layer
- Mockups & Templates 6 Loungewear Mockup Templates to Showcase Your Apparel Designs
- Tutorials How to Change the Instagram Story Default Background
- Mockups & Templates 21 Logo Mockup Templates Available in the Mediamodifier Generator
- Mockups & Templates 14 Professional Samsung Galaxy Fold Mockup Templates
- Design Tips How to Add Animated GIF to an Image
- Mockups & Templates 33 Beautiful Blanket Mockup Templates to Use Right Now
- Marketing Tips How to Present a Logo to a Client – 5 Useful Tips
- Blog Tips to Achieve Affiliate Marketing Success | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 Quiz Templates for Instagram Stories to Boost Your Engagement Fast
- Tutorials How to Use the Mediamodifier Mockup Generator for Free
- News Now Is The Best Time to Invest in Mediamodifier
- Blog How to Get Started with Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- News 6 Instagram Updates You Need to Know About – July 2022
- Blog What is Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 FREE Social Media Templates to Celebrate Pride Month
- Marketing Tips The Marketing Budgets of Big Companies
- Tutorials How to Add a Screenshot to a Computer Screen Stock Photo
- Marketing Tips The Secret to Promoting Your Product with Models
- Design Tips How to Create an Infographic Online With Mediamodifier
- News You Can Now Download SVG Vector Illustration Sets From Mediamodifier
- NFT NFTs: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Blog 8 Tools to Help You Become More Organized, From a Very Unorganized Person
- Design Tips Need Some Font Inspiration? Try These 5 Fonts Available on Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips 6 Websites That Will Make It Easier to Stay on Track When Working From Home
- Marketing Tips Make Your Work Easier With These 10 Productivity Tools
- Mockups & Templates How and Why to Use Client Testimonials + 5 Free Templates
- Tutorials How to Make an Online Invoice With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips Case Study: This User Creates Etsy Listings In Seconds With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips The Best POD Tools for a Successful Print-On-Demand Business
- Marketing Tips Case Study: Etsy Star Seller Increased Their Production Speed by 90% With Our Tool
- Design Tips Improve Design Skills With These 6 Projects
- NFT A Look Into the Future of NFT: What Will the Space Look Like in 10 Years?
- Mockups & Templates 10 Easter Instagram Post Templates That You Can Publish in Seconds
- News Spring Sale: Mediamodifier PRO Annual Plan Now 50% Off!
- Marketing Tips Use These Social Media Job Post Templates to Attract the Best Talent
- Marketing Tips 6 TED Talks That All Marketing Students Should Watch
- Marketing Tips 4 Elon Musk Marketing Tips You Could Apply Today
- Marketing Tips April Fools’ Day Marketing Ideas: 4 Brilliant Ideas for 2022
- Design Tips The Ultimate Design Cheat Sheet for Students
- News New Feature: Mediamodifier Team Accounts Plan
- Mockups & Templates How to Design a LinkedIn Banner for Your Profile
- Blog Introducing the New Mediamodifier Website
- Marketing Tips 5 Ways Mockups Are The Eco-Friendly Marketing Tools of the Future
- News New Feature: SVG Illustrations Inside the Mediamodifier Design Editor
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips to Get More Clients for Your Small Business
- Marketing Tips 5 of the Best Marketing TikTok Pages to Follow for Inspiration and Advice
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Social Media Posts Without Publishing Them
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips for Taking Better Product Photos
- Design Tips 5 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Used to Be Designers
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in March 2022
- Design Tips 8 Design Tips for Making a Good Concept Even Better
- Marketing Tips 5 Common Misconceptions About Social Media Managers
- Marketing Tips Improve Your Content With These 6 Tools For Small Businesses
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Product Packaging Online (Mockup Tool Tutorial)
- Design Tips 5 Principles of Psychology You Can Use to Improve A Design
- Marketing Tips 3 Smart Valentine’s Day Marketing Ideas To Promote Your Business
- News Why You Should Use This WordPress PoD Plugin for Your Store
- Mockups & Templates 20 Valentine’s Day Card Templates (That You Can Use Right Now)
- NFT 3 Reasons to Use an NFT Maker
- Marketing Tips Print on Demand: 6 Easy Steps to Start a Profitable Side Business
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in February 2022
- News This New Feature Makes It Even Easier To Use Our Mockup Editor
- Marketing Tips 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Marketing Budget
- Marketing Tips Starting a Small Business? 5 Things You’re Forgetting to Do
- NFT How to Use the Mediamodifier NFT Maker
- Mockups & Templates Boost Your Engagement: 9 Instagram Story Ideas
- Design Tips The Best 5 Colors to Use for Your Social Media in 2022
- Marketing Tips Ultimate Social Media Size Guide [Updated July 2022]
- Showroom Picture Frame on White Brick Wall Photoshop PSD Mockup
- Showroom Man With Apple Watch on Wrist PSD Photoshop Mockup
- Showroom PSD Template of a Square Paper on Festive Background
- Showroom Photoshop Mockup of a Picture Frame on White Brick Wall
- Showroom Photoshop Mockup of a MacBook on Decorated Desk
- Showroom Mockup Template of a T-Shirt Hanging in White Background
- Showroom Photoshop Mockup of a White Picture Frame on Top of a Couch
- Showroom PSD Mockup of a White Square Picture Frame on Wooden Chair