10 Ways to Make Your Instagram Photos Stand Out
The number of photos and videos uploaded to Instagram per day exceeds 100 million. So it’s not a big surprise that competition among content creators is intense.
Due to the large amounts of content available, Instagram users are getting picky. They do not pay much attention to ordinary pictures. They are looking for one-of-a-kind catchy content.
Do you wonder what you can do to make your posts stand out? Here are ten brilliant Instagram photo tips for you.
1. Apply filters
Do you apply filters to your photos? If no, you should start doing it. With the help of filters, it will be easier for you to create a cohesive Instagram aesthetic and attract more followers.
You can apply free Instagram filters, or use filters available on apps like Lightroom and VSCO. If you don’t like ready-to-use filters and effects, you can create your own, or buy presets created by your favorite bloggers.
Image source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B8rFesJhsfG/
2. Learn how to pose
Do you look bad in pictures? You can fix it. You just need to learn more about posing and understand what postures suits you the best.
Seriously. You don’t need to be a supermodel to look in photos like Kylie Jenner. You just need to learn ways on how to place your body in space in aesthetic ways.
There are lots of great posing tutorials on YouTube and other platforms. Go watch them and practice in front of your mirror.
Image source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5ksLfxqYP6/
3. Play with reflections
Do you post lots of similar selfies on your feed? It’s time to try something new.
Have you ever photographed your reflection in the mirror or glass? You should try it out! Reflection photography will take your Instagram account to a brand new level.
Here are a few tips on how to take impressive reflection photographs:
- Forget composition rules to find more interesting reflections
- If you have a professional camera, don’t apply a CPL filter because it destroys the reflection.
- Remember that you can find reflection everywhere: in the puddles, on the screen of your phone, in your car’s window, and literally on any surface that does not absorb light.
Image source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B6Nu-3zlRFJ/
Image source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B_fstGzgM2C/
Image source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B_0_kT2AUBK/
4. Create over-unders and split-shots
Split-shot is another fun technique you can use to create catchy photos. This technique is widely used in underwater photography. You have seen such photos on Instagram: one half of the picture shows the object above the water, and the other one – shows the underwater world.
Image source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B3wj7z_nkC6/
A similar technique can be applied to your ordinary (not underwater) Instagram photos. To split the shot, you can use two different surfaces.
Or, for instance, you can take a picture in front of the wall painted in two different colors. Take a look at the following example. This photo looks lovable, isn’t it?
Image source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ZG0M6gUyt/
5. Don’t stay still
If you want to catch your audience’s attention, add some dynamic to your photos. When you are posing in front of the camera, don’t stay still. Make some movements and, if applicable, make parts of your clothes “fly and flow”.
Image source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B_Zhp9iqDln/
You can walk, run, dance, do some twists, play with your dress, shake your hair, or do whatever movements you like. Just make sure that you use suitable camera settings so your images will not be blurry.
Image source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B7qrBztBcA4/
6. Add a fun, engaging caption
What message do you want to deliver with your photo? Write a brief caption to explain to your audience what the image is all about. Share some interesting facts about what inspired you to take a shot.
As you know, people use Instagram because they are looking for entertainment. So it’s really important to write captions in a fun and engaging manner:
- Use your sense of humor. Come up with a pun.
- Ask your followers a fun question or ask them to come up with an alternative caption.
- Add a few relevant hashtags.
- If needed, get help from writing companies like WriteScout or TopEssayWriting.
Image source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B_kigpuJ6qk/
Also, don’t forget to proofread your caption, even if it consists just of a few short sentences. Use proofreading tools like Studyker, or Chrome extensions like Grammarly.
7. Wait for the perfect moment
Are you fond of street photography? Here is a pro tip for you. Never rush to take a photo. Wait for the right moment as long as you need it. It will help you to create a true masterpiece that will go viral on Instagram.
Image source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B_AS249JAKl/
8. Create ‘Before and After’ Collages
People do love to compare different things and different photos in particular.
So if you have no idea how to make your Instagram pictures better, try to create comparison collages like ‘Before and After’ and ‘Expectation VS. Reality’. Whether you are a fitness coach or fashion blogger, this type of visual content will work for you.
Image source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B6TXa6ugHhB/
9. Transform your photos into infographics
Do you discuss with your audience some complex subjects or share some handy tips? Transform your photos into infographics.
Consider adding explanatory text, symbols, or vector images to your raw image. Try to present your ideas graphically to make your Instagram photos stand out.
Image source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B_rSMPjjAty/
10. Be creative and have fun
And here is one of the most useful Instagram photo tips for you: have fun while taking photos and enjoy what you do.
Don’t take the process of content creation too seriously. Don’t force yourself to come up with super creative ideas.
Just be yourself and take photos in the way you feel it. Don’t try to catch up with all the trends and to please everyone – that’s impossible. Be the most authentic self, and you will win the attention of the big audience.
Image source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B7v_ECFhv5e/
Now you know how to make your Instagram pictures better. So don’t waste your time, start using these simple tips today. Take your photos to the next level and double your following.
About the author: Marques Coleman is a writer at TopEssayWriting and digital marketer at ClassyEssay. He is obsessed with Instagram and social media content production. When he is not working, you can find him reading professional literature or practicing judo.
- Mockups & Templates Brand New Gift Tag Mockups For Innovative And Realistic Previews
- Mockups & Templates 13 Buyer Persona Templates That Will Make Your Life Easier
- Mockups & Templates How To Easily Create A Clothing Size Chart + 14 Templates
- Mockups & Templates New iPhone App Mockups: 8 Vibrant Digital Marketing Banners
- Marketing Tips Best LinkedIn Image and Video Size in 2023
- Mockups & Templates 13 New Rollup Mockup Templates Exclusive To Mediamodifier
- Mockups & Templates 11 New Fantastic Packaging Label Templates To Impress Your Customers
- Marketing Tips 10 Reasons To Pay For Professional Mockups
- Marketing Tips How to Sell Digital Downloads on Etsy – The Ultimate Guide
- Mockups & Templates Maximize Customer Loyalty with 12 Awesome Customizable Reward Card Templates
- Marketing Tips Introducing The Guest Post Guidelines For Mediamodifier Blog
- Mockups & Templates 10 New Logo Templates You Can Use For Your Print Company
- Design Tips The Best 7 Colors to Use for Your Social Media Posts in 2023
- Marketing Tips 4 Useful Tactics That Will Boost Your Website’s Conversion Rates
- Tutorials How to Request a Custom Mockup
- Marketing Tips The BEST Marketing Calendar 2023 + 12 FREE Post Templates
- Marketing Tips The Complete Guide To Image Licenses In Marketing
- Mockups & Templates 10 Awesome Christmas Mockup Templates For Last Minute Marketing
- Marketing Tips Video Ads 101: Do They Work, and How To Use Them?
- Mockups & Templates 16 Corporate Stationery Mockup Templates For Beautiful Previews
- Blog 5 of the Best Design and Mockups Affiliate Programs Compared
- Mockups & Templates 10 TV Mockup Templates For Quick Marketing Images
- Mockups & Templates Free Neon Backgrounds with Instant Download
- Mockups & Templates Must Try: 9 Volatile and Practical Collage Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips What Is an Employer Branding Specialist, and Do You Need One?
- Design Tips Turn Boring Photos into Artwork with PNG Shadows (50 Free Overlays)
- Mockups & Templates 16 Incredibly Useful Print Mockup Templates For POD Businesses
- Design Tips 40 Free Organic SVG Backgrounds From Mediamodifier
- Blog Affiliate Marketing Trends to Keep an Eye on in 2023 | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates The 9 Best 3D Browser Mockups for Previewing Your Website
- Mockups & Templates 10 Clothing Mockups With Models You Should Use For Your Online Business
- Mockups & Templates What Does Mockup Mean? – A Beginner’s Guide to Mockups
- Tutorials Mockup API – The Complete Guide
- Blog TikTok & The Music Industry: The Impact of Viral Content
- Blog 3 Tips to Improve the Quality of a Mockup
- Mockups & Templates 15 Greeting Card Mockups With Flowers
- Mockups & Templates 10 Most Popular Website Screen Browser Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips 4 Failproof Ways To Make Money on TikTok
- Mockups & Templates 11 Beautiful Poster Mockups To Preview Your Designs and Artwork
- Blog Best Types of Affiliate Marketing Content | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 11 Business Card Mockups For Quick Professional Previews
- Design Tips Can AI Generate a Product Mockup? We Tested All the Tools to Find Out!
- Mockups & Templates Free Podium Backgrounds for a Stunning Product Showcase
- Blog Logo Design 101: 5 Reasons You Need a New One and How to Nail It
- Mockups & Templates iPhone 14 Mockup Templates With Colorful Backgrounds
- News New Feature: Edit Brightness/Contrast of a Mockup Layer
- Mockups & Templates 6 Loungewear Mockup Templates to Showcase Your Apparel Designs
- Tutorials How to Change the Instagram Story Default Background
- Mockups & Templates 21 Logo Mockup Templates Available in the Mediamodifier Generator
- Mockups & Templates 14 Professional Samsung Galaxy Fold Mockup Templates
- Design Tips How to Add Animated GIF to an Image
- Mockups & Templates 33 Beautiful Blanket Mockup Templates to Use Right Now
- Marketing Tips How to Present a Logo to a Client – 5 Useful Tips
- Blog Tips to Achieve Affiliate Marketing Success | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 Quiz Templates for Instagram Stories to Boost Your Engagement Fast
- Tutorials How to Use the Mediamodifier Mockup Generator for Free
- News Now Is The Best Time to Invest in Mediamodifier
- Blog How to Get Started with Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- News 6 Instagram Updates You Need to Know About – July 2022
- Blog What is Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 FREE Social Media Templates to Celebrate Pride Month
- Marketing Tips The Marketing Budgets of Big Companies
- Tutorials How to Add a Screenshot to a Computer Screen Stock Photo
- Marketing Tips The Secret to Promoting Your Product with Models
- Design Tips How to Create an Infographic Online With Mediamodifier
- News You Can Now Download SVG Vector Illustration Sets From Mediamodifier
- NFT NFTs: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Blog 8 Tools to Help You Become More Organized, From a Very Unorganized Person
- Design Tips Need Some Font Inspiration? Try These 5 Fonts Available on Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips 6 Websites That Will Make It Easier to Stay on Track When Working From Home
- Marketing Tips Make Your Work Easier With These 10 Productivity Tools
- Mockups & Templates How and Why to Use Client Testimonials + 5 Free Templates
- Tutorials How to Make an Online Invoice With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips Case Study: This User Creates Etsy Listings In Seconds With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips The Best POD Tools for a Successful Print-On-Demand Business
- Marketing Tips Case Study: Etsy Star Seller Increased Their Production Speed by 90% With Our Tool
- Design Tips Improve Design Skills With These 6 Projects
- NFT A Look Into the Future of NFT: What Will the Space Look Like in 10 Years?
- Mockups & Templates 10 Easter Instagram Post Templates That You Can Publish in Seconds
- News Spring Sale: Mediamodifier PRO Annual Plan Now 50% Off!
- Marketing Tips Use These Social Media Job Post Templates to Attract the Best Talent
- Marketing Tips 6 TED Talks That All Marketing Students Should Watch
- Marketing Tips 4 Elon Musk Marketing Tips You Could Apply Today
- Marketing Tips April Fools’ Day Marketing Ideas: 4 Brilliant Ideas [Updated 2023]
- Design Tips The Ultimate Design Cheat Sheet for Students
- News New Feature: Mediamodifier Team Accounts Plan
- Mockups & Templates How to Design a LinkedIn Banner for Your Profile
- Blog Introducing the New Mediamodifier Website
- Marketing Tips 5 Ways Mockups Are The Eco-Friendly Marketing Tools of the Future
- News New Feature: SVG Illustrations Inside the Mediamodifier Design Editor
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips to Get More Clients for Your Small Business
- Marketing Tips 5 of the Best Marketing TikTok Pages to Follow for Inspiration and Advice
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Social Media Posts Without Publishing Them
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips for Taking Better Product Photos
- Design Tips 5 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Used to Be Designers
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in March 2023
- Design Tips 8 Design Tips for Making a Good Concept Even Better
- Marketing Tips 5 Common Misconceptions About Social Media Managers
- Marketing Tips Improve Your Content With These 6 Tools For Small Businesses
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Product Packaging Online (Mockup Tool Tutorial)
- Design Tips 5 Principles of Psychology You Can Use to Improve A Design
- Marketing Tips 3 Smart Valentine’s Day Marketing Ideas To Promote Your Business
- News Why You Should Use This WordPress PoD Plugin for Your Store
- Mockups & Templates 20 Valentine’s Day Card Templates (That You Can Use Right Now)
- NFT 3 Reasons to Use an NFT Maker
- Marketing Tips Print on Demand: 6 Easy Steps to Start a Profitable Side Business
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in February 2023
- News This New Feature Makes It Even Easier To Use Our Mockup Editor
- Marketing Tips 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Marketing Budget
- Marketing Tips Starting a Small Business? 5 Things You’re Forgetting to Do
- NFT How to Use the Mediamodifier NFT Maker
- Mockups & Templates Boost Your Engagement: 9 Instagram Story Ideas
- Design Tips The Best 5 Colors to Use for Your Social Media in 2022
- Marketing Tips Ultimate Social Media Size Guide [Updated July 2022]
- Showroom Happy Fathers Day Mug Design in a Coffee Much On Sand Beach
- Showroom For Rent Sign in yard Sign Mockup Generator in front of House
- Showroom Sign Design in a Yard Sign Mockup Generator
- Showroom Large Sign Design on a Yard Sign Mockup Generator
- Showroom House Rent Sign in Yard Sign Mockup Generator
- Showroom For Rent Sign Design in Yard Sign Mockup Template