As the biggest professional social networking site, LinkedIn is the perfect place for B2B marketing, however, bear in mind, it’s also one of the most expensive paid advertising methods available. That said, the quality of leads is a lot better than Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, so it’s worth considering.
In addition to Ads and Sponsored Content, LinkedIn offers 4 premium options: Career, Business, Sales Navigator & Recruiter Lite. They vary based on options for advanced search, lead recommendations, LinkedIn learning, InMail credits and more. You can take a look at all the differences here. In this article, let’s take a look at how to use LinkedIn Sales Navigator like a pro to increase your leads. This is a popular option for companies with smaller budgets as Cost per Conversion on LinkedIn otherwise is very high.
Key Features of LinkedIn Sales Navigator
I love Sales Navigator. It’s my go-to premium option when I need to quickly get in contact with super specific people. For example, a startup’s HR manager to invite employees to a workshop or an illustrator at a specific publishing house to get feedback on Mediamodifier’s tools.
The main features are:
- Advanced search
- Standalone sales interface
- Lead recommendations
- 20 InMail credits
- The opportunity to message people whose profiles are only open to premium accounts
Let’s take a look at what all of that means, but first …
Make sure your LinkedIn profile is professional
Unlike when setting up ads, you’ll be contacting your leads personally by messaging them. More often than not, your leads will look at your profile before deciding whether they want to reply to you.
If your profile looks like it was just made, has no information and no connection to what you’re contacting them about, there’s a good chance they won’t take you seriously. So, before starting your premium subscription, you should spend some time on your LinkedIn profile.
If you need any tips, I recently wrote an article about how to create the perfect profile. Check it out here.
Using Advanced Search
Sales Navigator and Recruiter Lite both offer advanced searches, but they’re a little bit different. Simply, Recruiter Lite is better for process management and Sales Navigator is for relationship building.
The specificity of the search options are honestly kind of scary. Say for whatever reason you want to find a graphic designer at a managerial position at Penguin Random House UK who have worked in the company for at least 2 years. No problem! Just set up the search.
And voila! We have 13 prospective leads. 2 of whom have changed jobs in the past 90 days.
Personal information blacked out for privacy.
The search options:
Although most search filters are relatively self explanatory, let’s take a look at a handful of the most important ones. All of the following can also be applied to find Accounts aka companies who match your needs.
This looks for words or phrases that have to be present in the person’s profile for them to appear. You can use job titles, skills or particular terms. Just like when searching on Google, you can put your keywords in quotation marks for exact matches or use the modifiers AND, NOT and OR for more specific results. See more detailed instructions here.
Target people in specific regions. This is especially great for huge international corporations when otherwise it might be difficult to find your region’s representative. Also perfect for recruitment!
This filter allows you to find people who you have mutual connections with. You can then ask for an intro from one of them. Always better than a cold call!
First or Last Name
Ever been to a networking party where you know they’re working in an industry you’re interested in and you heard their name is Martin something, but can’t find them? This is where these filters come in handy. Also works if you know exactly who you’re after and don’t need anything else.
Need to get in touch with a manager of CXO? Or the opposite, someone lower down the ladder who is more accessible? Specify here.
This one’s pretty self explanatory and super useful. So is the company headcount.
Create a list of valuable leads
It’s handy to create a list of potential leads before contacting them straight away. You only have 20 message (InMail) credits, so it’s best to use them once you’ve compiled all the info, keep track of who is next in line to be messaged and build sales pipelines.
Click on Save in the top right corner of the profile.
Bonus function: You can find similar profiles who don’t match your search exactly, but whom LinkedIn thinks would be of use for you.
Finally, reach out to your leads
Now that you’ve found your leads and systemized them in lists, it’s time to finally reach out!
The message length limit is 1900 characters, however, they recommend keeping it less than 500 characters as it is more likely to get a response. And getting a response is important! You only get 20 credits, which means you can send 20 messages. However, once someone replies, you get your credit back.
Some best practices to get people to reply:
- Keep it short and sweet
- Open with a compliment (ie I’m really impressed by what you’re doing at *current position*
- Open with a question. One that entices people to answer.
- Make your offer one they cannot refuse. They just have to find out more
Finally, if relevant, add an attachment. LinkedIn supports .pdf, .txt, .doc(x), .xls(x) and .rtf files as attachment. This means you can’t add a picture of your smiling face, but a professionally designed one-pager works wonders. You can use our tools to help you design one.
That’s all you need to know about LinkedIn Sales Navigator. Happy lead hunting!
- Marketing Tips How to Sell Digital Downloads on Etsy – The Ultimate Guide
- Marketing Tips Introducing The Guest Post Guidelines For Mediamodifier Blog
- Mockups & Templates 10 New Logo Templates You Can Use For Your Print Company
- Design Tips The Best 7 Colors to Use for Your Social Media Posts in 2023
- Marketing Tips 4 Useful Tactics That Will Boost Your Website’s Conversion Rates
- Tutorials How to Request a Custom Mediamodifier Mockup
- Marketing Tips The BEST Marketing Calendar 2023 + 12 FREE Post Templates
- Marketing Tips The Complete Guide To Image Licenses In Marketing
- Mockups & Templates 10 Awesome Christmas Mockup Templates For Last Minute Marketing
- Marketing Tips Video Ads 101: Do They Work, and How To Use Them?
- Mockups & Templates 16 Corporate Stationery Mockup Templates For Beautiful Previews
- Blog 5 of the Best Design and Mockups Affiliate Programs Compared
- Mockups & Templates 10 TV Mockup Templates For Quick Marketing Images
- Mockups & Templates Free Neon Backgrounds with Instant Download
- Mockups & Templates Must Try: 9 Volatile and Practical Collage Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips What Is an Employer Branding Specialist, and Do You Need One?
- Design Tips Turn Boring Photos into Artwork with PNG Shadows (50 Free Overlays)
- Mockups & Templates 16 Incredibly Useful Print Mockup Templates For POD Businesses
- Design Tips 40 Free Organic SVG Backgrounds From Mediamodifier
- Blog Affiliate Marketing Trends to Keep an Eye on in 2023 | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates The 9 Best 3D Browser Mockups for Previewing Your Website
- Mockups & Templates 10 Clothing Mockups With Models You Should Use For Your Online Business
- Mockups & Templates What Does Mockup Mean? – A Beginner’s Guide to Mockups
- Tutorials Mockup API – The Complete Guide
- Blog TikTok & The Music Industry: The Impact of Viral Content
- Blog 3 Tips to Improve the Quality of a Mockup
- Mockups & Templates 15 Greeting Card Mockups With Flowers
- Mockups & Templates 10 Most Popular Website Screen Browser Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips 4 Failproof Ways To Make Money on TikTok
- Mockups & Templates 11 Beautiful Poster Mockups To Preview Your Designs and Artwork
- Blog Best Types of Affiliate Marketing Content | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 11 Business Card Mockups For Quick Professional Previews
- Design Tips Can AI Generate a Product Mockup? We Tested All the Tools to Find Out!
- Mockups & Templates Free Podium Backgrounds for a Stunning Product Showcase
- Blog Logo Design 101: 5 Reasons You Need a New One and How to Nail It
- Mockups & Templates iPhone 14 Mockup Templates With Colorful Backgrounds
- News New Feature: Edit Brightness/Contrast of a Mockup Layer
- Mockups & Templates 6 Loungewear Mockup Templates to Showcase Your Apparel Designs
- Tutorials How to Change the Instagram Story Default Background
- Mockups & Templates 21 Logo Mockup Templates Available in the Mediamodifier Generator
- Mockups & Templates 14 Professional Samsung Galaxy Fold Mockup Templates
- Design Tips How to Add Animated GIF to an Image
- Mockups & Templates 33 Beautiful Blanket Mockup Templates to Use Right Now
- Marketing Tips How to Present a Logo to a Client – 5 Useful Tips
- Blog Tips to Achieve Affiliate Marketing Success | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 Quiz Templates for Instagram Stories to Boost Your Engagement Fast
- Tutorials How to Use the Mediamodifier Mockup Generator for Free
- News Now Is The Best Time to Invest in Mediamodifier
- Blog How to Get Started with Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- News 6 Instagram Updates You Need to Know About – July 2022
- Blog What is Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 FREE Social Media Templates to Celebrate Pride Month
- Marketing Tips The Marketing Budgets of Big Companies
- Tutorials How to Add a Screenshot to a Computer Screen Stock Photo
- Marketing Tips The Secret to Promoting Your Product with Models
- Design Tips How to Create an Infographic Online With Mediamodifier
- News You Can Now Download SVG Vector Illustration Sets From Mediamodifier
- NFT NFTs: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Blog 8 Tools to Help You Become More Organized, From a Very Unorganized Person
- Design Tips Need Some Font Inspiration? Try These 5 Fonts Available on Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips 6 Websites That Will Make It Easier to Stay on Track When Working From Home
- Marketing Tips Make Your Work Easier With These 10 Productivity Tools
- Mockups & Templates How and Why to Use Client Testimonials + 5 Free Templates
- Tutorials How to Make an Online Invoice With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips Case Study: This User Creates Etsy Listings In Seconds With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips The Best POD Tools for a Successful Print-On-Demand Business
- Marketing Tips Case Study: Etsy Star Seller Increased Their Production Speed by 90% With Our Tool
- Design Tips Improve Design Skills With These 6 Projects
- NFT A Look Into the Future of NFT: What Will the Space Look Like in 10 Years?
- Mockups & Templates 10 Easter Instagram Post Templates That You Can Publish in Seconds
- News Spring Sale: Mediamodifier PRO Annual Plan Now 50% Off!
- Marketing Tips Use These Social Media Job Post Templates to Attract the Best Talent
- Marketing Tips 6 TED Talks That All Marketing Students Should Watch
- Marketing Tips 4 Elon Musk Marketing Tips You Could Apply Today
- Marketing Tips April Fools’ Day Marketing Ideas: 4 Brilliant Ideas for 2022
- Design Tips The Ultimate Design Cheat Sheet for Students
- News New Feature: Mediamodifier Team Accounts Plan
- Mockups & Templates How to Design a LinkedIn Banner for Your Profile
- Blog Introducing the New Mediamodifier Website
- Marketing Tips 5 Ways Mockups Are The Eco-Friendly Marketing Tools of the Future
- News New Feature: SVG Illustrations Inside the Mediamodifier Design Editor
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips to Get More Clients for Your Small Business
- Marketing Tips 5 of the Best Marketing TikTok Pages to Follow for Inspiration and Advice
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Social Media Posts Without Publishing Them
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips for Taking Better Product Photos
- Design Tips 5 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Used to Be Designers
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in March 2022
- Design Tips 8 Design Tips for Making a Good Concept Even Better
- Marketing Tips 5 Common Misconceptions About Social Media Managers
- Marketing Tips Improve Your Content With These 6 Tools For Small Businesses
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Product Packaging Online (Mockup Tool Tutorial)
- Design Tips 5 Principles of Psychology You Can Use to Improve A Design
- Marketing Tips 3 Smart Valentine’s Day Marketing Ideas To Promote Your Business
- News Why You Should Use This WordPress PoD Plugin for Your Store
- Mockups & Templates 20 Valentine’s Day Card Templates (That You Can Use Right Now)
- NFT 3 Reasons to Use an NFT Maker
- Marketing Tips Print on Demand: 6 Easy Steps to Start a Profitable Side Business
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in February 2022
- News This New Feature Makes It Even Easier To Use Our Mockup Editor
- Marketing Tips 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Marketing Budget
- Marketing Tips Starting a Small Business? 5 Things You’re Forgetting to Do
- NFT How to Use the Mediamodifier NFT Maker
- Mockups & Templates Boost Your Engagement: 9 Instagram Story Ideas
- Design Tips The Best 5 Colors to Use for Your Social Media in 2022
- Marketing Tips Ultimate Social Media Size Guide [Updated July 2022]
- Showroom iPhone Mockup Held in a Hand in Open Area
- Showroom iPhone 14 with AirPods Hovering around Photoshop PSD Mockup
- Showroom iPhone 14 Pro PSD Mockup with Simple Background
- Showroom iPhone 14 App Screen Mockup with a Wall Background
- Showroom Photoshop Mockup of iPhone 14 Pro with Floating Airpods
- Showroom Mockup of a Square Wood Frame on Wall with Shadows
- Showroom TV Mounted on Wall Photoshop PSD Mockup