Earlier this month, some page owners and social media managers have noticed that Facebook is trying out a new experimental feature suggesting pages content engagement tips right inside the upload button of a new post.
However, Facebook has not officially announced this new feature. Currently, it seems to only be showing to select pages in the English language.
The move seemingly has come as a consequence of Facebook trying to aid businesses into having a good social media presence. Even if they perhaps lack the resources to hire a professional to handle their online communication.
Since our Mediamodifier Facebook page is one of the few to see this feature, we have decided to collect and share some secret engagement tips approved by the platform themselves.
Check out these 10 Facebook-approved prompts:
1. What does your brand mean to you?
As we previously discussed on this blog, branding is very important. Letting your audience know more about the purpose of your company and the factors behind creating it is a great way of building a relationship with your followers.
If you are not the owner and rather an employee, you can still create a post about what the company you work for means to you. Highlighting the human element behind a brand has always proven to be an effective way of seeming more relatable to existing or possible clients.
2. What do you want to share with your audience?
Even though this particular tip might seem a bit obvious, sometimes the simplest way to think of an idea is to consider what you have to say.
Often marketers overthink posts from the perspective of engagement or don’t fully understand what the audience actually wants to hear. This can lead to a feed full of posts that don’t serve any real purpose.
Consider what it is that you would like to convey to your followers. This is one important yet simple step towards reaching an organic and strong bond with your audience.
3. Post a selfie at your business or with your team?
Similar to previous points, the human element is essential to any branding.
Showing a selfie of yourself at work takes down the wall and makes a company more relatable.
In addition, it gives people the ability to imagine the person behind the page when they read your posts. This creates a subconscious level of trust.
4. Try asking your customers for feedback on what they’d like to see from your business.
Not only would this help by gathering important feedback to improve your products or services, but it makes your audience feel listened to.
Humans have a natural desire to be listened to. Social media is the perfect way to create a two-way stream of communication between companies and their clients.
These kinds of posts are likely to have a good engagement rate and to encourage your Facebook followers to leave a comment.
5. You can increase engagement by running a contest or giveaway for your brand.
This tip came a bit as a surprise to most social media managers. While giveaways are a classic way of (not so organically) growing a page, Facebook has famously distanced itself from contests and giveaways.
Moreover, a few years ago a rumor was spreading around that pages were being suspended or permanently deleted for hosting giveaways, which were against Facebook’s terms of service.
However, this seems to have changed now, since the company itself is encouraging brands to host giveaways.
Indeed, this can increase engagement by boosting the number of likes, comments, and shares on both the specific post, but also your page.
Moreover, the people entering might gain curiosity over your product. They might end up purchasing it once the giveaway has ended if they are disappointed to find out they haven’t won something that they now really want.
6. Record a video or go live to answer common customer questions.
Answering frequent questions in the form of a video or live stream has many benefits.
On one hand, this would provide a helpful resource that your audience can access whenever they’re looking for answers to specific questions.
On the other hand, videos are preferred by Facebook’s algorithm. Thus, they are sure to boost your brand’s visibility.
This also goes hand in hand with the previously mentioned human element. Showing your face on your page has many unexpected benefits.
7. Share the history of your brand.
People tend to prefer companies they can read more about. Seeing the history of a brand can make them feel more at ease with deciding to put their trust, money, and time into them.
The history of your brand can be more interesting than you would imagine. Try highlighting the key elements in the creation of the company, the vision behind it, and any important milestones you had along the way.
You can even split it into different posts, thus creating a fun series you can post over a longer period. This is definitely one of our favorite engagement tips.
8. Share a photo of your teammates or employees.
Besides getting to see the person behind the screen, one of the engagement tips is to showcase other employees.
Pictures from the office, company events, and team buildings are great material for such posts.
If you want to take it a step further, you can always create a dedicated series focusing on your employees. Post their picture, a short description of their job and their story or opinion about working there.
Not only will this help your customers, but it will strengthen employer branding. This is necessary for making the workplace appealing for both current and future employees. Current employees will feel valued and future employees see how awesome your company is.
9. Give people an inside look at your business by sharing a photo or video.
In addition to seeing the humans behind the work, sometimes a very easy and accessible post idea is to snap a photo of the workspace and share it with your audience.
Showing a visual of your space is a good way of making your brand seem more approachable and friendly.
10. Sharing a personal anecdote about your business can help you connect with your audience.
Anecdotes are a precious resource. Sharing a short interesting (often slightly amusing) story regarding the company can offer a light-hearted post that your followers will definitely enjoy.
Read more about how to efficiently use storytelling in your communication to help with this last step.
What is your opinion on Facebook’s new engagement tips and what would you add to the list?
- Marketing Tips How to Sell Digital Downloads on Etsy – The Ultimate Guide
- Marketing Tips Introducing The Guest Post Guidelines For Mediamodifier Blog
- Mockups & Templates 10 New Logo Templates You Can Use For Your Print Company
- Design Tips The Best 7 Colors to Use for Your Social Media Posts in 2023
- Marketing Tips 4 Useful Tactics That Will Boost Your Website’s Conversion Rates
- Tutorials How to Request a Custom Mediamodifier Mockup
- Marketing Tips The BEST Marketing Calendar 2023 + 12 FREE Post Templates
- Marketing Tips The Complete Guide To Image Licenses In Marketing
- Mockups & Templates 10 Awesome Christmas Mockup Templates For Last Minute Marketing
- Marketing Tips Video Ads 101: Do They Work, and How To Use Them?
- Mockups & Templates 16 Corporate Stationery Mockup Templates For Beautiful Previews
- Blog 5 of the Best Design and Mockups Affiliate Programs Compared
- Mockups & Templates 10 TV Mockup Templates For Quick Marketing Images
- Mockups & Templates Free Neon Backgrounds with Instant Download
- Mockups & Templates Must Try: 9 Volatile and Practical Collage Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips What Is an Employer Branding Specialist, and Do You Need One?
- Design Tips Turn Boring Photos into Artwork with PNG Shadows (50 Free Overlays)
- Mockups & Templates 16 Incredibly Useful Print Mockup Templates For POD Businesses
- Design Tips 40 Free Organic SVG Backgrounds From Mediamodifier
- Blog Affiliate Marketing Trends to Keep an Eye on in 2023 | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates The 9 Best 3D Browser Mockups for Previewing Your Website
- Mockups & Templates 10 Clothing Mockups With Models You Should Use For Your Online Business
- Mockups & Templates What Does Mockup Mean? – A Beginner’s Guide to Mockups
- Tutorials Mockup API – The Complete Guide
- Blog TikTok & The Music Industry: The Impact of Viral Content
- Blog 3 Tips to Improve the Quality of a Mockup
- Mockups & Templates 15 Greeting Card Mockups With Flowers
- Mockups & Templates 10 Most Popular Website Screen Browser Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips 4 Failproof Ways To Make Money on TikTok
- Mockups & Templates 11 Beautiful Poster Mockups To Preview Your Designs and Artwork
- Blog Best Types of Affiliate Marketing Content | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 11 Business Card Mockups For Quick Professional Previews
- Design Tips Can AI Generate a Product Mockup? We Tested All the Tools to Find Out!
- Mockups & Templates Free Podium Backgrounds for a Stunning Product Showcase
- Blog Logo Design 101: 5 Reasons You Need a New One and How to Nail It
- Mockups & Templates iPhone 14 Mockup Templates With Colorful Backgrounds
- News New Feature: Edit Brightness/Contrast of a Mockup Layer
- Mockups & Templates 6 Loungewear Mockup Templates to Showcase Your Apparel Designs
- Tutorials How to Change the Instagram Story Default Background
- Mockups & Templates 21 Logo Mockup Templates Available in the Mediamodifier Generator
- Mockups & Templates 14 Professional Samsung Galaxy Fold Mockup Templates
- Design Tips How to Add Animated GIF to an Image
- Mockups & Templates 33 Beautiful Blanket Mockup Templates to Use Right Now
- Marketing Tips How to Present a Logo to a Client – 5 Useful Tips
- Blog Tips to Achieve Affiliate Marketing Success | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 Quiz Templates for Instagram Stories to Boost Your Engagement Fast
- Tutorials How to Use the Mediamodifier Mockup Generator for Free
- News Now Is The Best Time to Invest in Mediamodifier
- Blog How to Get Started with Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- News 6 Instagram Updates You Need to Know About – July 2022
- Blog What is Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 FREE Social Media Templates to Celebrate Pride Month
- Marketing Tips The Marketing Budgets of Big Companies
- Tutorials How to Add a Screenshot to a Computer Screen Stock Photo
- Marketing Tips The Secret to Promoting Your Product with Models
- Design Tips How to Create an Infographic Online With Mediamodifier
- News You Can Now Download SVG Vector Illustration Sets From Mediamodifier
- NFT NFTs: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Blog 8 Tools to Help You Become More Organized, From a Very Unorganized Person
- Design Tips Need Some Font Inspiration? Try These 5 Fonts Available on Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips 6 Websites That Will Make It Easier to Stay on Track When Working From Home
- Marketing Tips Make Your Work Easier With These 10 Productivity Tools
- Mockups & Templates How and Why to Use Client Testimonials + 5 Free Templates
- Tutorials How to Make an Online Invoice With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips Case Study: This User Creates Etsy Listings In Seconds With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips The Best POD Tools for a Successful Print-On-Demand Business
- Marketing Tips Case Study: Etsy Star Seller Increased Their Production Speed by 90% With Our Tool
- Design Tips Improve Design Skills With These 6 Projects
- NFT A Look Into the Future of NFT: What Will the Space Look Like in 10 Years?
- Mockups & Templates 10 Easter Instagram Post Templates That You Can Publish in Seconds
- News Spring Sale: Mediamodifier PRO Annual Plan Now 50% Off!
- Marketing Tips Use These Social Media Job Post Templates to Attract the Best Talent
- Marketing Tips 6 TED Talks That All Marketing Students Should Watch
- Marketing Tips 4 Elon Musk Marketing Tips You Could Apply Today
- Marketing Tips April Fools’ Day Marketing Ideas: 4 Brilliant Ideas for 2022
- Design Tips The Ultimate Design Cheat Sheet for Students
- News New Feature: Mediamodifier Team Accounts Plan
- Mockups & Templates How to Design a LinkedIn Banner for Your Profile
- Blog Introducing the New Mediamodifier Website
- Marketing Tips 5 Ways Mockups Are The Eco-Friendly Marketing Tools of the Future
- News New Feature: SVG Illustrations Inside the Mediamodifier Design Editor
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips to Get More Clients for Your Small Business
- Marketing Tips 5 of the Best Marketing TikTok Pages to Follow for Inspiration and Advice
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Social Media Posts Without Publishing Them
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips for Taking Better Product Photos
- Design Tips 5 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Used to Be Designers
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in March 2022
- Design Tips 8 Design Tips for Making a Good Concept Even Better
- Marketing Tips 5 Common Misconceptions About Social Media Managers
- Marketing Tips Improve Your Content With These 6 Tools For Small Businesses
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Product Packaging Online (Mockup Tool Tutorial)
- Design Tips 5 Principles of Psychology You Can Use to Improve A Design
- Marketing Tips 3 Smart Valentine’s Day Marketing Ideas To Promote Your Business
- News Why You Should Use This WordPress PoD Plugin for Your Store
- Mockups & Templates 20 Valentine’s Day Card Templates (That You Can Use Right Now)
- NFT 3 Reasons to Use an NFT Maker
- Marketing Tips Print on Demand: 6 Easy Steps to Start a Profitable Side Business
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in February 2022
- News This New Feature Makes It Even Easier To Use Our Mockup Editor
- Marketing Tips 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Marketing Budget
- Marketing Tips Starting a Small Business? 5 Things You’re Forgetting to Do
- NFT How to Use the Mediamodifier NFT Maker
- Mockups & Templates Boost Your Engagement: 9 Instagram Story Ideas
- Design Tips The Best 5 Colors to Use for Your Social Media in 2022
- Marketing Tips Ultimate Social Media Size Guide [Updated July 2022]
- Showroom iPhone Mockup Held in a Hand in Open Area
- Showroom iPhone 14 with AirPods Hovering around Photoshop PSD Mockup
- Showroom iPhone 14 Pro PSD Mockup with Simple Background
- Showroom iPhone 14 App Screen Mockup with a Wall Background
- Showroom Photoshop Mockup of iPhone 14 Pro with Floating Airpods
- Showroom Mockup of a Square Wood Frame on Wall with Shadows
- Showroom TV Mounted on Wall Photoshop PSD Mockup