Reportedly, 46 billion pieces of content are produced every day.
This is happening at the same time as our attention span has lowered to 8 seconds. Besides, there is no doubt that users consume content differently with every year that passes.
One of the biggest mistakes brands can make is failing to adapt to the challenges of the online world or ignoring the community altogether.
Whether it is found in user-generated content or stories written by professionals, visual storytelling has become essential in enriching the audience’s experiences and aiding information exchange. But how can you use visuals to effectively promote your message?
What is visual storytelling?
Visual artist Tony Caputo defines visual storytelling as a “story told primarily through the use of visual media.”
It is easy to link this concept to film and television, which were two revolutionary means of communication when they were first introduced. When the first TV ad was created in 1953, it successfully proved that videos have a more meaningful impact on the consumers and stay in the back of their minds for longer than they can realise.
Nearly seventy years later, ads are still a very prominent part of the television experience, as well as anywhere else in our lives.
Both videos and images fall under the category of visual narration, and they are both effective in their own ways. A great feature of the Internet is the flexibility you have when deciding which media to use to convey your message.
Why you should use visual storytelling to promote your business
There is yet anything to beat the success of visual content, both in traditional media and on the Internet. According to some recent statistics about 2020’s media usage, the most preferred type of content on different platforms is images accompanied by a medium caption, followed by images with short captions.
Long text posts are also overlooked by the popularity of videos. Of course, we cannot talk about video without mentioning the biggest phenomenon of the momentum, the surge of TikTok’s popularity, which has now surpassed Facebook as the most time-consuming social media app of 2020.
Subsequent studies have discovered that visual content can amplify each of your posts – 94% higher than words alone.
When your audience sees a post they enjoy or resonate with, they’re more likely to like it, share it, come back to your social media or website to see more of the same content and, eventually, might be converted into customers or loyal followers of your business.
Pairing a strategy of consistent and relevant posting with using the right types of media can prove the key to a successful online presence.
Visual storytelling is also a great way to help to make complex concepts easier to digest and, as a result, deliver a more impactful message. Images make your stories more imaginative and relevant to your audience. This communication strategy creates compelling narratives, placing your audience at the heart of the story, filled with an emotional experience.
How to spread your message through visuals
Now that we have established reasons why you should focus on visuals, let’s discuss some areas you could implement this on, and ways to do it in order to build brand awareness and create a community.
Photos are some of the oldest and most common visual media used by marketers and entrepreneurs. They can be used anywhere, but work especially well on blogs, or platforms like Instagram and Facebook.
No matter who your customers are or what you are selling, high-quality photography is an important asset that will contribute to your overall branding and success, since they reflect the quality of your business.
In addition to a portfolio, you can use these photographs to accompany text posts that would otherwise go unnoticed.
Memes and custom images
Many experts have come to realise in recent years that viral marketing is not as much a marketing technique, as it is a combination of luck and good timing. Regardless, it is a good marketer’s job to realise when to jump on a viral trend or, even better, when to create one.
If an opportunity ever comes and you have a clever way of linking your business to a viral trend, often memes are the way to go.
By the time you go through all the traditional procedures to get your designer, the moment might pass. This is why intuitive drag-and-drop tools such as Mediamodifier are ideal for creating quick but high-quality visuals for your website, social media, newsletter, and more.
In addition to memes, you can easily create custom text images which draw more attention to social media. Make sure you stay consistent with your brand identity by customising your templates.
It is always a good idea to invest in some good quality video production if you feel like it can help your brand. You can use these videos to create advertisements, tutorials for your product or service, explanation videos, or any other creative endeavours.
Vlogs are also a good way to enhance the human element of your company by showing behind the scenes, the work environment, or feature pieces on the management team, or other employees.
If done in a way that feels genuine and organic, this can strengthen the relationship with your customers and boost your relatability and credibility.
Your videos can be more long-form and go on websites like YouTube, where the watch time is growing by the day, or shorter, which are preferred by sites like Facebook.
TikTok and Instagram reels require vertical videos of under a minute, which have been proven to be more likely to go viral than a longer video. However, in this type of videos, you need to truly compress all of your information in a short amount of time, whilst keeping the format easy to follow.
Whichever one of these you choose to use, do not forget about stories. In addition to regular posts or articles, stories are the most visual feature of (almost all) social media platforms and is a great place to share snippets of your videos.
- Marketing Tips How to Sell Digital Downloads on Etsy – The Ultimate Guide
- Marketing Tips Introducing The Guest Post Guidelines For Mediamodifier Blog
- Mockups & Templates 10 New Logo Templates You Can Use For Your Print Company
- Design Tips The Best 7 Colors to Use for Your Social Media Posts in 2023
- Marketing Tips 4 Useful Tactics That Will Boost Your Website’s Conversion Rates
- Tutorials How to Request a Custom Mediamodifier Mockup
- Marketing Tips The BEST Marketing Calendar 2023 + 12 FREE Post Templates
- Marketing Tips The Complete Guide To Image Licenses In Marketing
- Mockups & Templates 10 Awesome Christmas Mockup Templates For Last Minute Marketing
- Marketing Tips Video Ads 101: Do They Work, and How To Use Them?
- Mockups & Templates 16 Corporate Stationery Mockup Templates For Beautiful Previews
- Blog 5 of the Best Design and Mockups Affiliate Programs Compared
- Mockups & Templates 10 TV Mockup Templates For Quick Marketing Images
- Mockups & Templates Free Neon Backgrounds with Instant Download
- Mockups & Templates Must Try: 9 Volatile and Practical Collage Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips What Is an Employer Branding Specialist, and Do You Need One?
- Design Tips Turn Boring Photos into Artwork with PNG Shadows (50 Free Overlays)
- Mockups & Templates 16 Incredibly Useful Print Mockup Templates For POD Businesses
- Design Tips 40 Free Organic SVG Backgrounds From Mediamodifier
- Blog Affiliate Marketing Trends to Keep an Eye on in 2023 | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates The 9 Best 3D Browser Mockups for Previewing Your Website
- Mockups & Templates 10 Clothing Mockups With Models You Should Use For Your Online Business
- Mockups & Templates What Does Mockup Mean? – A Beginner’s Guide to Mockups
- Tutorials Mockup API – The Complete Guide
- Blog TikTok & The Music Industry: The Impact of Viral Content
- Blog 3 Tips to Improve the Quality of a Mockup
- Mockups & Templates 15 Greeting Card Mockups With Flowers
- Mockups & Templates 10 Most Popular Website Screen Browser Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips 4 Failproof Ways To Make Money on TikTok
- Mockups & Templates 11 Beautiful Poster Mockups To Preview Your Designs and Artwork
- Blog Best Types of Affiliate Marketing Content | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 11 Business Card Mockups For Quick Professional Previews
- Design Tips Can AI Generate a Product Mockup? We Tested All the Tools to Find Out!
- Mockups & Templates Free Podium Backgrounds for a Stunning Product Showcase
- Blog Logo Design 101: 5 Reasons You Need a New One and How to Nail It
- Mockups & Templates iPhone 14 Mockup Templates With Colorful Backgrounds
- News New Feature: Edit Brightness/Contrast of a Mockup Layer
- Mockups & Templates 6 Loungewear Mockup Templates to Showcase Your Apparel Designs
- Tutorials How to Change the Instagram Story Default Background
- Mockups & Templates 21 Logo Mockup Templates Available in the Mediamodifier Generator
- Mockups & Templates 14 Professional Samsung Galaxy Fold Mockup Templates
- Design Tips How to Add Animated GIF to an Image
- Mockups & Templates 33 Beautiful Blanket Mockup Templates to Use Right Now
- Marketing Tips How to Present a Logo to a Client – 5 Useful Tips
- Blog Tips to Achieve Affiliate Marketing Success | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 Quiz Templates for Instagram Stories to Boost Your Engagement Fast
- Tutorials How to Use the Mediamodifier Mockup Generator for Free
- News Now Is The Best Time to Invest in Mediamodifier
- Blog How to Get Started with Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- News 6 Instagram Updates You Need to Know About – July 2022
- Blog What is Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 FREE Social Media Templates to Celebrate Pride Month
- Marketing Tips The Marketing Budgets of Big Companies
- Tutorials How to Add a Screenshot to a Computer Screen Stock Photo
- Marketing Tips The Secret to Promoting Your Product with Models
- Design Tips How to Create an Infographic Online With Mediamodifier
- News You Can Now Download SVG Vector Illustration Sets From Mediamodifier
- NFT NFTs: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Blog 8 Tools to Help You Become More Organized, From a Very Unorganized Person
- Design Tips Need Some Font Inspiration? Try These 5 Fonts Available on Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips 6 Websites That Will Make It Easier to Stay on Track When Working From Home
- Marketing Tips Make Your Work Easier With These 10 Productivity Tools
- Mockups & Templates How and Why to Use Client Testimonials + 5 Free Templates
- Tutorials How to Make an Online Invoice With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips Case Study: This User Creates Etsy Listings In Seconds With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips The Best POD Tools for a Successful Print-On-Demand Business
- Marketing Tips Case Study: Etsy Star Seller Increased Their Production Speed by 90% With Our Tool
- Design Tips Improve Design Skills With These 6 Projects
- NFT A Look Into the Future of NFT: What Will the Space Look Like in 10 Years?
- Mockups & Templates 10 Easter Instagram Post Templates That You Can Publish in Seconds
- News Spring Sale: Mediamodifier PRO Annual Plan Now 50% Off!
- Marketing Tips Use These Social Media Job Post Templates to Attract the Best Talent
- Marketing Tips 6 TED Talks That All Marketing Students Should Watch
- Marketing Tips 4 Elon Musk Marketing Tips You Could Apply Today
- Marketing Tips April Fools’ Day Marketing Ideas: 4 Brilliant Ideas for 2022
- Design Tips The Ultimate Design Cheat Sheet for Students
- News New Feature: Mediamodifier Team Accounts Plan
- Mockups & Templates How to Design a LinkedIn Banner for Your Profile
- Blog Introducing the New Mediamodifier Website
- Marketing Tips 5 Ways Mockups Are The Eco-Friendly Marketing Tools of the Future
- News New Feature: SVG Illustrations Inside the Mediamodifier Design Editor
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips to Get More Clients for Your Small Business
- Marketing Tips 5 of the Best Marketing TikTok Pages to Follow for Inspiration and Advice
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Social Media Posts Without Publishing Them
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips for Taking Better Product Photos
- Design Tips 5 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Used to Be Designers
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in March 2022
- Design Tips 8 Design Tips for Making a Good Concept Even Better
- Marketing Tips 5 Common Misconceptions About Social Media Managers
- Marketing Tips Improve Your Content With These 6 Tools For Small Businesses
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Product Packaging Online (Mockup Tool Tutorial)
- Design Tips 5 Principles of Psychology You Can Use to Improve A Design
- Marketing Tips 3 Smart Valentine’s Day Marketing Ideas To Promote Your Business
- News Why You Should Use This WordPress PoD Plugin for Your Store
- Mockups & Templates 20 Valentine’s Day Card Templates (That You Can Use Right Now)
- NFT 3 Reasons to Use an NFT Maker
- Marketing Tips Print on Demand: 6 Easy Steps to Start a Profitable Side Business
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in February 2022
- News This New Feature Makes It Even Easier To Use Our Mockup Editor
- Marketing Tips 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Marketing Budget
- Marketing Tips Starting a Small Business? 5 Things You’re Forgetting to Do
- NFT How to Use the Mediamodifier NFT Maker
- Mockups & Templates Boost Your Engagement: 9 Instagram Story Ideas
- Design Tips The Best 5 Colors to Use for Your Social Media in 2022
- Marketing Tips Ultimate Social Media Size Guide [Updated July 2022]
- Showroom iPhone Mockup Held in a Hand in Open Area
- Showroom iPhone 14 with AirPods Hovering around Photoshop PSD Mockup
- Showroom iPhone 14 Pro PSD Mockup with Simple Background
- Showroom iPhone 14 App Screen Mockup with a Wall Background
- Showroom Photoshop Mockup of iPhone 14 Pro with Floating Airpods
- Showroom Mockup of a Square Wood Frame on Wall with Shadows
- Showroom TV Mounted on Wall Photoshop PSD Mockup