Starting a Small Business? 5 Things You’re Forgetting to Do
Starting a small business can be difficult, especially when you’re trying to do everything yourself. One of the most critical aspects of getting your business off the ground is creating a solid online presence, but it’s easy to forget some little steps that make a big impact. This blog post will discuss five (sometimes forgotten) essential tips for small business owners who feel like they’re one small step away from success.
1. Create a visual style guide
When starting a small business, it’s easy to put all your effort into the idea and neglect the look and feel of your brand. Every small business owner knows that their business needs a logo, but often enough, the all-around “face” of the brand gets overlooked.
A visual style guide will help you keep your branding cohesive and consistent across your online platforms. This can be as simple as choosing a few colors to use for all of your visuals, or it can be more complex and include specific fonts, layouts, and mood boards. Having a clear brand identity will make your small business stand out from the competition and help customers remember who you are.
2. Choose the right social media platforms
It’s essential to set up social media profiles for your small business as soon as possible. Not only will this give you a platform to share news and updates with your customers, but it will also help you build an online community around your brand. Complete your profiles with visual images, write a captivating bio and post exciting and engaging content regularly.
When jumping on social media, it’s important to know what channels your customers use. Try not to do all of them together, and start with the most important one. Use the analytics of your social media platforms to see if your content resonates with your target audience. You can also use social media to drive traffic back to your website or blog.
3. Set up customer feedback channels
Setting up channels specifically for customer feedback is crucial to keep track of what customers are saying about your business. The most popular choice is email, but it’s also a good idea to talk to your customers via direct messages on social media or use a dedicated chat platform on your website, ie. Intercom or ZenDesk.
Customers want to get answers to their questions fast, and companies that invest in good customer support have a considerable advantage in converting those conversations into sales. Apart from using chatbots and other communication channels, businesses can also invest in a self service customer portal to provide customers with quick access to all the necessary information they need to resolve their problems without contacting any support agent.
Being proactive with customer support will also help you keep track of any negative feedback that may be affecting your business. Companies that deal with negative feedback quickly, politely, and head-on are much more trustworthy in the eyes of potential customers.
4. Use a content marketing strategy
Content marketing is one of the most effective ways to reach new customers and build trust with existing ones. Your business’s content marketing can range from podcasts and tutorials to blog posts. When done correctly, content marketing can help you position yourself as an authority in your industry while providing valuable information to your readers. Content marketing can also boost your website’s ranking and provide organic traffic.
It’s important to produce high-quality content regularly and make sure that it’s relevant to your target audience. As with social media platforms, take your time and don’t try to do everything at once. Content marketing is a marathon, not a sprint, and you have to give it some time before it brings you results.
5. Use professional marketing visuals
Having quality visuals that reflect your brand’s style guide gives off an air of legitimacy and professionalism. However, hiring a professional designer can be expensive and out of reach for many small business owners. Lucky for you, there are many affordable services available to help you that require no design knowledge.
For example, with Mediamodifier’s easy-to-use platform, you can create beautiful visuals for your business’s website, social media, and marketing materials without breaking the bank. You can create anything from banners and social media posts to logos and business cards.
These are just a few of the essential tips for starting a small business that will help increase your visibility and grow your customer base. If you need more advice on marketing and design, download our free ebook: Design Your Way to the Top: an Entrepreneur’s Guide to Marketing and Design.
- Marketing Tips 5 Proven Ways Online Mockups Help Emails Stand Out
- Design Tips The Best Guide To Successful Parental Control Design
- Marketing Tips 4 Helpful And Creative Offline Advertising Techniques That Stand Out
- Marketing Tips The Best 25 Video Editing Software for Marketers to Use in 2023
- Mockups & Templates Brand New Gift Tag Mockups For Innovative And Realistic Previews
- Mockups & Templates 13 Buyer Persona Templates That Will Make Your Life Easier
- Mockups & Templates How To Easily Create A Clothing Size Chart + 14 Templates
- Mockups & Templates New iPhone App Mockups: 8 Vibrant Digital Marketing Banners
- Marketing Tips Best LinkedIn Image and Video Size in 2023
- Mockups & Templates 13 New Rollup Mockup Templates Exclusive To Mediamodifier
- Mockups & Templates 11 New Fantastic Packaging Label Templates To Impress Your Customers
- Marketing Tips 10 Reasons To Pay For Professional Mockups
- Marketing Tips How to Sell Digital Downloads on Etsy – The Ultimate Guide
- Mockups & Templates Maximize Customer Loyalty with 12 Awesome Customizable Reward Card Templates
- Marketing Tips Introducing The Guest Post Guidelines For Mediamodifier Blog
- Mockups & Templates 10 New Logo Templates You Can Use For Your Print Company
- Design Tips The Best 7 Colors to Use for Your Social Media Posts in 2023
- Marketing Tips 4 Useful Tactics That Will Boost Your Website’s Conversion Rates
- Tutorials How to Request a Custom Mockup
- Marketing Tips The BEST Marketing Calendar 2023 + 12 FREE Post Templates
- Marketing Tips The Complete Guide To Image Licenses In Marketing
- Mockups & Templates 10 Awesome Christmas Mockup Templates For Last Minute Marketing
- Marketing Tips Video Ads 101: Do They Work, and How To Use Them?
- Mockups & Templates 16 Corporate Stationery Mockup Templates For Beautiful Previews
- Blog 5 of the Best Design and Mockups Affiliate Programs Compared
- Mockups & Templates 10 TV Mockup Templates For Quick Marketing Images
- Mockups & Templates Free Neon Backgrounds with Instant Download
- Mockups & Templates Must Try: 9 Volatile and Practical Collage Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips What Is an Employer Branding Specialist, and Do You Need One?
- Design Tips Turn Boring Photos into Artwork with PNG Shadows (50 Free Overlays)
- Mockups & Templates 16 Incredibly Useful Print Mockup Templates For POD Businesses
- Design Tips 40 Free Organic SVG Backgrounds From Mediamodifier
- Blog Affiliate Marketing Trends to Keep an Eye on in 2023 | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates The 9 Best 3D Browser Mockups for Previewing Your Website
- Mockups & Templates 10 Clothing Mockups With Models You Should Use For Your Online Business
- Mockups & Templates What Does Mockup Mean? – A Beginner’s Guide to Mockups
- Tutorials Mockup API – The Complete Guide
- Blog TikTok & The Music Industry: The Impact of Viral Content
- Blog 3 Tips to Improve the Quality of a Mockup
- Mockups & Templates 15 Greeting Card Mockups With Flowers
- Mockups & Templates 10 Most Popular Website Screen Browser Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips 4 Failproof Ways To Make Money on TikTok
- Mockups & Templates 11 Beautiful Poster Mockups To Preview Your Designs and Artwork
- Blog Best Types of Affiliate Marketing Content | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 11 Business Card Mockups For Quick Professional Previews
- Design Tips Can AI Generate a Product Mockup? We Tested All the Tools to Find Out!
- Mockups & Templates Free Podium Backgrounds for a Stunning Product Showcase
- Blog Logo Design 101: 5 Reasons You Need a New One and How to Nail It
- Mockups & Templates iPhone 14 Mockup Templates With Colorful Backgrounds
- News New Feature: Edit Brightness/Contrast of a Mockup Layer
- Mockups & Templates 6 Loungewear Mockup Templates to Showcase Your Apparel Designs
- Tutorials How to Change the Instagram Story Default Background
- Mockups & Templates 21 Logo Mockup Templates Available in the Mediamodifier Generator
- Mockups & Templates 14 Professional Samsung Galaxy Fold Mockup Templates
- Design Tips How to Add Animated GIF to an Image
- Mockups & Templates 33 Beautiful Blanket Mockup Templates to Use Right Now
- Marketing Tips How to Present a Logo to a Client – 5 Useful Tips
- Blog Tips to Achieve Affiliate Marketing Success | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 Quiz Templates for Instagram Stories to Boost Your Engagement Fast
- Tutorials How to Use the Mediamodifier Mockup Generator for Free
- News Now Is The Best Time to Invest in Mediamodifier
- Blog How to Get Started with Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- News 6 Instagram Updates You Need to Know About – July 2022
- Blog What is Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 FREE Social Media Templates to Celebrate Pride Month
- Marketing Tips The Marketing Budgets of Big Companies
- Tutorials How to Add a Screenshot to a Computer Screen Stock Photo
- Marketing Tips The Secret to Promoting Your Product with Models
- Design Tips How to Create an Infographic Online With Mediamodifier
- News You Can Now Download SVG Vector Illustration Sets From Mediamodifier
- NFT NFTs: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Blog 8 Tools to Help You Become More Organized, From a Very Unorganized Person
- Design Tips Need Some Font Inspiration? Try These 5 Fonts Available on Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips 6 Websites That Will Make It Easier to Stay on Track When Working From Home
- Marketing Tips Make Your Work Easier With These 10 Productivity Tools
- Mockups & Templates How and Why to Use Client Testimonials + 5 Free Templates
- Tutorials How to Make an Online Invoice With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips Case Study: This User Creates Etsy Listings In Seconds With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips The Best POD Tools for a Successful Print-On-Demand Business
- Marketing Tips Case Study: Etsy Star Seller Increased Their Production Speed by 90% With Our Tool
- Design Tips Improve Design Skills With These 6 Projects
- NFT A Look Into the Future of NFT: What Will the Space Look Like in 10 Years?
- Mockups & Templates 10 Easter Instagram Post Templates That You Can Publish in Seconds
- News Spring Sale: Mediamodifier PRO Annual Plan Now 50% Off!
- Marketing Tips Use These Social Media Job Post Templates to Attract the Best Talent
- Marketing Tips 6 TED Talks That All Marketing Students Should Watch
- Marketing Tips 4 Elon Musk Marketing Tips You Could Apply Today
- Marketing Tips April Fools’ Day Marketing Ideas: 4 Brilliant Ideas [Updated 2023]
- Design Tips The Ultimate Design Cheat Sheet for Students
- News New Feature: Mediamodifier Team Accounts Plan
- Mockups & Templates How to Design a LinkedIn Banner for Your Profile
- Blog Introducing the New Mediamodifier Website
- Marketing Tips 5 Ways Mockups Are The Eco-Friendly Marketing Tools of the Future
- News New Feature: SVG Illustrations Inside the Mediamodifier Design Editor
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips to Get More Clients for Your Small Business
- Marketing Tips 5 of the Best Marketing TikTok Pages to Follow for Inspiration and Advice
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Social Media Posts Without Publishing Them
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips for Taking Better Product Photos
- Design Tips 5 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Used to Be Designers
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in March 2023
- Design Tips 8 Design Tips for Making a Good Concept Even Better
- Marketing Tips 5 Common Misconceptions About Social Media Managers
- Marketing Tips Improve Your Content With These 6 Tools For Small Businesses
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Product Packaging Online (Mockup Tool Tutorial)
- Design Tips 5 Principles of Psychology You Can Use to Improve A Design
- Marketing Tips 3 Smart Valentine’s Day Marketing Ideas To Promote Your Business
- News Why You Should Use This WordPress PoD Plugin for Your Store
- Mockups & Templates 20 Valentine’s Day Card Templates (That You Can Use Right Now)
- NFT 3 Reasons to Use an NFT Maker
- Marketing Tips Print on Demand: 6 Easy Steps to Start a Profitable Side Business
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in February 2023
- News This New Feature Makes It Even Easier To Use Our Mockup Editor
- Marketing Tips 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Marketing Budget
- NFT How to Use the Mediamodifier NFT Maker
- Mockups & Templates Boost Your Engagement: 9 Instagram Story Ideas
- Design Tips The Best 5 Colors to Use for Your Social Media in 2022
- Marketing Tips Ultimate Social Media Size Guide [Updated July 2022]
- Showroom Hardcover Book Mockup 6×9 PSD
- Showroom Event Ticket Design and Mockup Template