There’s a reason why the phrase “present a logo” is often used instead of “show a logo” and that’s because you should hold a presentation to present a logo to a client instead of just showing it to them via email.
With nearly 47% of global workers currently self-employed, presentation skills are becoming more and more of a necessity as opposed to a nice ability to have.
Presenting a logo, be it in an in-person meeting or online via video conference, allows you to explain how you came to the logo design you did through creative decisions driven by insights from your client’s brief. You get to build rapport with them as you tell the story about the logo, educate them on how it’s best used, showcase its versatility through mockups and gain feedback.
That said, we understand that presentations to clients can be scary for many and difficult to get right, which is why we’ve compiled some tips (and mockups, of course) on how to present a logo to a client to help you out. Let’s jump in!
5 useful tips on how to present a logo to a client
1. It’s all about that brief, ‘bout that brief…
Before you get to presenting a logo, or even designing, ensure that both you and your client have agreed on a creative brief and its objectives/requirements. This may include aspects such as:
- Brand colors
- Design conditions, e.g. no serif fonts
- The need for a new logo
- What your client wants to convey with their logo, e.g. a sleek look because of its young adult audience
If your client hasn’t provided you with one, then you might want to take the initiative to have a workshop/planning session with them or a list of questions that will guide them into giving you the requirements they are looking for.
As a result, when you present the logo you designed to them, you will be able to demonstrate your understanding of their brand and requirements.
2. Tell the story about the logo
Presenting a logo involves more than just great presentation skills. It’s about storytelling because a logo is an important part of your client’s brand; a part of their brand’s visual identity that helps to tell their brand purpose and personality.
Within your presentation, make sure to tell the story about the logo you designed for your client and cover points such as:
- What is the logo’s meaning?
- How does it meet the objectives/requirements in your agreed creative brief?
- How would it resonate with their target audience?
Take your clients on a meaningful storytelling journey, and summarize this story into 2-3 short lines so that it sticks in your client’s minds. Depending on what your creative brief is, you can even go one step further by presenting colors and fonts that complement the logo and creating a brand book for your client’s visual identity!
3. Mockups are a lifesaver
When presenting your logo, context matters. As the design expert, you’d want to describe its best practices, such as, how the logo should be used/not used, how to enlarge it or make it smaller, can the logo be stretched or rotated, and what modifications are allowed.
A great follow-up to this would then be showcasing the logo in real-life scenarios through mockups to help your clients visualize the brand they are representing and understand how strong the logo is.
This is where you might want to use Mediamodifier’s logo mockup generator to help you showcase how the logo can be used in the real world in scenarios like:
Seeing their logo can work in the real world for their audience will surely help to sell the design you’ve created.
4. Emphasize the versatility of the logo
More than logo mockup placements, it would be good to showcase how versatile your client’s new logo is by presenting it in multiple ways so they can see how it works.
Emphasize the logo’s versatility by showing it in different sizes – large, medium, and small, how it looks on social media, and even how it looks in other mediums, e.g. cross-stitch. You want to show them that you’ve put much thought and effort into designing a logo that works for them regardless of the situation that they may find themselves in.
5. Your audience is not your client; it’s their audience
Always present your logo as if you are displaying it to the audience.
While it’s important to make your client understand your creative process and the logo you designed, a key aspect of your presentation should focus on the audience the logo is intended for your client’s audience.
What this means is you may want to showcase how your client’s audience would perceive the logo, e.g. show their customers using branded products with the new logo and show how the new logo would look at a conference their customers would go to. After all, the new logo speaks to your client’s audience.
We hope these tips help you with your logo presentation to your client! We’re crossing our fingers for you. If you happen to use any of these tips or have others to share, we’d love to hear from you.
- Marketing Tips How To Skyrocket Business Acquisitions with Digital Signage
- Design Tips How To Create The Best Landing Pages For High Conversions
- Design Tips A Proven Guide to App Technical Optimization for More Revenue
- Marketing Tips How to Make Sure Your Marketing Showcases Authentic Use Cases
- Mockups & Templates 16 Brand New Stunning T-Shirt Mockups With Male Models
- Marketing Tips How to Use Product Mockups in Your Marketing Strategy
- Mockups & Templates Real Estate Mockups & Templates: The Best in the Business
- Mockups & Templates 27 Brand New Button Mockups For Quick Previews
- Design Tips The Fundamentals of Incorporating Closed Captions in UX Design
- Marketing Tips 5 Proven Ways Online Mockups Help Emails Stand Out
- Design Tips The Best Guide To Successful Parental Control Design
- Marketing Tips 4 Helpful And Creative Offline Advertisingn Techniques That Stand Out
- Marketing Tips The Best 26 Video Editing Software for Marketers to Use in 2023
- Mockups & Templates Brand New Gift Tag Mockups For Innovative And Realistic Previews
- Mockups & Templates 13 Buyer Persona Templates That Will Make Your Life Easier
- Mockups & Templates How To Easily Create A Clothing Size Chart + 14 Templates
- Mockups & Templates New iPhone App Mockups: 8 Vibrant Digital Marketing Banners
- Marketing Tips Best LinkedIn Image and Video Size in 2023
- Mockups & Templates 13 New Rollup Mockup Templates Exclusive To Mediamodifier
- Mockups & Templates 11 New Fantastic Packaging Label Templates To Impress Your Customers
- Marketing Tips 10 Reasons To Pay For Professional Mockups
- Marketing Tips How to Sell Digital Downloads on Etsy – The Ultimate Guide
- Mockups & Templates Maximize Customer Loyalty with 12 Awesome Customizable Reward Card Templates
- Marketing Tips Introducing The Guest Post Guidelines For Mediamodifier Blog
- Mockups & Templates 10 New Logo Templates You Can Use For Your Print Company
- Design Tips The Best 7 Colors to Use for Your Social Media Posts in 2023
- Marketing Tips 4 Useful Tactics That Will Boost Your Website’s Conversion Rates
- Tutorials How to Request a Custom Mockup
- Marketing Tips The BEST Marketing Calendar 2023 + 12 FREE Post Templates
- Marketing Tips The Complete Guide To Image Licenses In Marketing
- Mockups & Templates 10 Awesome Christmas Mockup Templates For Last Minute Marketing
- Marketing Tips Video Ads 101: Do They Work, and How To Use Them?
- Mockups & Templates 16 Corporate Stationery Mockup Templates For Beautiful Previews
- Blog 5 of the Best Design and Mockups Affiliate Programs Compared
- Mockups & Templates 10 TV Mockup Templates For Quick Marketing Images
- Mockups & Templates Free Neon Backgrounds with Instant Download
- Mockups & Templates Must Try: 9 Volatile and Practical Collage Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips What Is an Employer Branding Specialist, and Do You Need One?
- Design Tips Turn Boring Photos into Artwork with PNG Shadows (50 Free Overlays)
- Mockups & Templates 16 Incredibly Useful Print Mockup Templates For POD Businesses
- Design Tips 40 Free Organic SVG Backgrounds From Mediamodifier
- Blog Affiliate Marketing Trends to Keep an Eye on in 2023 | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates The 9 Best 3D Browser Mockups for Previewing Your Website
- Mockups & Templates 10 Clothing Mockups With Models You Should Use For Your Online Business
- Mockups & Templates What Does Mockup Mean? – A Beginner’s Guide to Mockups
- Tutorials Mockup API – The Complete Guide
- Blog TikTok & The Music Industry: The Impact of Viral Content
- Blog 3 Tips to Improve the Quality of a Mockup
- Mockups & Templates 15 Greeting Card Mockups With Flowers
- Mockups & Templates 10 Most Popular Website Screen Browser Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips 4 Failproof Ways To Make Money on TikTok
- Mockups & Templates 11 Beautiful Poster Mockups To Preview Your Designs and Artwork
- Blog Best Types of Affiliate Marketing Content | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 11 Business Card Mockups For Quick Professional Previews
- Design Tips Can AI Generate a Product Mockup? We Tested All the Tools to Find Out!
- Mockups & Templates Free Podium Backgrounds for a Stunning Product Showcase
- Blog Logo Design 101: 5 Reasons You Need a New One and How to Nail It
- Mockups & Templates iPhone 14 Mockup Templates With Colorful Backgrounds
- News New Feature: Edit Brightness/Contrast of a Mockup Layer
- Mockups & Templates 6 Loungewear Mockup Templates to Showcase Your Apparel Designs
- Tutorials How to Change the Instagram Story Default Background
- Mockups & Templates 21 Logo Mockup Templates Available in the Mediamodifier Generator
- Mockups & Templates 14 Professional Samsung Galaxy Fold Mockup Templates
- Design Tips How to Add Animated GIF to an Image
- Mockups & Templates 33 Beautiful Blanket Mockup Templates to Use Right Now
- Blog Tips to Achieve Affiliate Marketing Success | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 Quiz Templates for Instagram Stories to Boost Your Engagement Fast
- Tutorials How to Use the Mediamodifier Mockup Generator for Free
- News Now Is The Best Time to Invest in Mediamodifier
- Blog How to Get Started with Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- News 6 Instagram Updates You Need to Know About – July 2022
- Blog What is Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 FREE Social Media Templates to Celebrate Pride Month
- Marketing Tips The Marketing Budgets of Big Companies
- Tutorials How to Add a Screenshot to a Computer Screen Stock Photo
- Marketing Tips The Secret to Promoting Your Product with Models
- Design Tips How to Create an Infographic Online With Mediamodifier
- News You Can Now Download SVG Vector Illustration Sets From Mediamodifier
- NFT NFTs: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Blog 8 Tools to Help You Become More Organized, From a Very Unorganized Person
- Design Tips Need Some Font Inspiration? Try These 5 Fonts Available on Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips 6 Websites That Will Make It Easier to Stay on Track When Working From Home
- Marketing Tips Make Your Work Easier With These 10 Productivity Tools
- Mockups & Templates How and Why to Use Client Testimonials + 5 Free Templates
- Tutorials How to Make an Online Invoice With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips Case Study: This User Creates Etsy Listings In Seconds With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips The Best POD Tools for a Successful Print-On-Demand Business
- Marketing Tips Case Study: Etsy Star Seller Increased Their Production Speed by 90% With Our Tool
- Design Tips Improve Design Skills With These 6 Projects
- NFT A Look Into the Future of NFT: What Will the Space Look Like in 10 Years?
- Mockups & Templates 10 Easter Instagram Post Templates That You Can Publish in Seconds
- News Spring Sale: Mediamodifier PRO Annual Plan Now 50% Off!
- Marketing Tips Use These Social Media Job Post Templates to Attract the Best Talent
- Marketing Tips 6 TED Talks That All Marketing Students Should Watch
- Marketing Tips 4 Elon Musk Marketing Tips You Could Apply Today
- Marketing Tips April Fools’ Day Marketing Ideas: 4 Brilliant Ideas [Updated 2023]
- Design Tips The Ultimate Design Cheat Sheet for Students
- News New Feature: Mediamodifier Team Accounts Plan
- Mockups & Templates How to Design a LinkedIn Banner for Your Profile
- Blog Introducing the New Mediamodifier Website
- Marketing Tips 5 Ways Mockups Are The Eco-Friendly Marketing Tools of the Future
- News New Feature: SVG Illustrations Inside the Mediamodifier Design Editor
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips to Get More Clients for Your Small Business
- Marketing Tips 5 of the Best Marketing TikTok Pages to Follow for Inspiration and Advice
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Social Media Posts Without Publishing Them
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips for Taking Better Product Photos
- Design Tips 5 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Used to Be Designers
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in March 2023
- Design Tips 8 Design Tips for Making a Good Concept Even Better
- Marketing Tips 5 Common Misconceptions About Social Media Managers
- Marketing Tips Improve Your Content With These 7 Tools For Small Businesses
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Product Packaging Online (Mockup Tool Tutorial)
- Design Tips 5 Principles of Psychology You Can Use to Improve A Design
- Marketing Tips 3 Smart Valentine’s Day Marketing Ideas To Promote Your Business
- News Why You Should Use This WordPress PoD Plugin for Your Store
- Mockups & Templates 20 Valentine’s Day Card Templates (That You Can Use Right Now)
- NFT 3 Reasons to Use an NFT Maker
- Marketing Tips Print on Demand: 6 Easy Steps to Start a Profitable Side Business
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in February 2023
- News This New Feature Makes It Even Easier To Use Our Mockup Editor
- Marketing Tips 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Marketing Budget
- Marketing Tips Starting a Small Business? 5 Things You’re Forgetting to Do
- NFT How to Use the Mediamodifier NFT Maker
- Mockups & Templates Boost Your Engagement: 9 Instagram Story Ideas
- Design Tips The Best 5 Colors to Use for Your Social Media in 2022
- Marketing Tips Ultimate Social Media Size Guide [Updated July 2022]
- Showroom Bow Tie Design Preview on Online PSD Mockup Generator
- Showroom Design Review on Bow Tie and Shirt Logo Mockup Generator
- Showroom Geometric Design in Necktie with Rolled Up Necktie Mockup Generator
- Showroom Bow Tie Design Preview with PSD Online Mockup
- Showroom Design Preview on Bow Tie and Shirt Mockup Generator with Male Model
- Showroom Bow Tie Design on PSD Mockup Generator with White Background
- Showroom Greetings Card Design Preview on Latest iPhone 15 Pro Mockup Generator