A logo is one of the most important aspects of a company’s branding. It’s a visual identifier that helps customers to recognize and remember a business. A well-designed logo can communicate company values, mission, and personality. If your business doesn’t have a good logo design, or your current logo is outdated, it might be time to consider getting a new one.
In case you’re in doubt, we listed five reasons why it’s essential to have a good logo and five more to help you realize whether you need a fresh start. We’ve also included some head-turning logo design templates to get your creative juices flowing.
Why is a good logo design crucial for your business’s success?
Logos have been around for centuries, and their purpose has always been the same: to identify a business or product. The first logos were simple drawings or symbols that represented a company’s name or product. They were used mainly in advertising, and there wasn’t much thought put into their design. However, as time passed, businesses began to realize the importance of having an eye-catching logo. They noticed that a well-designed logo could help create a strong brand identity and boost sales.
Over the years, we’ve seen the rise of some iconic logos now recognized worldwide. The most noteworthy are Apple’s bitten apple, Nike’s swoosh, and McDonald’s golden arches. These logos are instantly recognizable and evoke a strong emotional response from consumers. As technology has evolved, so too has logo design. Today’s logos are often sleek and minimalist, using negative space to create a visually appealing effect.
With The Golden Age of Advertising behind us, a good logo is even more essential today for creating a solid brand identity and increasing sales. It should be a simple logo design that is memorable and accurately represents your company’s values and mission.
A good company logo should be:
- Simple – It should be easy to read and understand. It should be recognizable even when scaled down to a small size or displayed in black and white.
- Memorable – A good logo will stick in consumers’ minds and help them remember your brand.
- Versatile – A good logo should look just as good on a business card as on a billboard. It should be able to be used in a variety of (digital) spaces.
- Evocative – A good logo should evoke an emotional response from consumers. It should be able to communicate what your company stands for.
- Timeless – A good logo should be timeless and avoid the use of passing design trends. Although your loo still needs updating every once in a while, it should be good to go for a few years after launching.
Now that we know a bit about the background of logos and what a good logo should look and feel like, let’s dive into the benefits of a well-thought-out logo.
Five reasons why having a new logo can be beneficial for your business:
1. A new logo design will help you to create a more unified brand identity.
If your business is perceived as professional and trustworthy, it’s essential to have a strong and cohesive brand identity. Your logo is a vital part of your brand identity, so it must reflect the values and personality of your business. Customers may get the wrong impression if your values have changed, but your current logo does not reflect them.
2. A new logo can help you to target new markets and audiences.
Your logo is a powerful marketing tool that can help you to reach new markets and audiences. If your current logo is not culturally fit for expanding your business’ reach to other countries or isn’t resonating with your target customers, it may be time for a change. A well-designed logo can help you attract new customers and expand your business.
3. A new logo can help you stand out from your competitors.
In today’s competitive marketplace, ensuring that your business stands out from the crowd is the stepping stone to success. A great logo can help you to achieve this by differentiating your company from your competitors. However, if your logo is too similar to your competitors or fades compared to theirs, it may be time for a change.
4. A new logo can help you to stay relevant and modern.
If your current logo is outdated, it might be time to refresh. A new logo can help you to stay relevant and modern. Outdated logos can make businesses appear rigid and behind the times. If you want your business to be perceived as forward-thinking and stylish, it’s crucial to have a logo that reflects these values.
5. A new logo can help you to boost your business’s bottom line.
A well-designed logo can positively impact your business’s bottom line. It can help you increase brand awareness, leading to more customers and sales. Conversely, a client might prefer your competitor over you with an outdated logo.
If any of these five reasons resonate with you, it might be time for a new logo. But how do you know if your current logo needs an update?
Five signs that it’s time to change your logo design
1. Your logo is outdated or doesn’t reflect your company’s values.
If your logo is more than a few years old, it might be time for an update. As your business evolves, your logo should evolve with it. If your company’s values have changed, make sure that your logo reflects these new values.
2. Your logo is confusing or difficult to understand.
Your logo should be easy to understand and recognize. If customers can’t figure out what your logo is trying to say, it’s time for a change. A great logo is simple and memorable.
3. Your logo is not well-designed.
A poorly designed logo can reflect poorly on your business. If your logo looks amateurish or likes it was created in Microsoft Paint, it might be time for a professional redesign.
4. Your logo is not versatile.
Your logo should be versatile enough to work in various mediums and contexts. If your logo doesn’t look good on your website, business cards, or marketing materials, it’s time to change.
5. You’re simply not happy with your current logo.
If you’re unhappy with your current logo, it’s time to change. On the other hand, if you don’t love it, why should the customers? Don’t be afraid to experiment until you find a logo that you love.
If any of these five signs apply to you, it might be time for a new logo. But redesigning your logo can be a big undertaking. We’ve got you covered if you’re unsure where to start!
How to create a new logo design?
So you know you need a new logo but have no idea how to create one? To create a professional logo, you have two options – you can pay a designer or use an online logo designer and a little DIY spirit.
1. Hire a designer
The easiest way to create a new logo is to hire a professional designer. A designer will have the experience and expertise to create a logo that accurately represents your company. They’ll also be able to help you to choose the right colors, fonts, and images to match your new logo design. The only downside of using a designer is the price tag that can go with it. The average price of a logo with a matching brand guideline can set you back from 1000$-5000$.
On the flip side, you can decide to personally take up the design if you’re short on budget and you are quite confident in your skills. For example, you can explore some of the best galaxy brushes for free and use them on Procreate to craft an interactive and intuitive logo that perfectly relays your brand tone.
2. Use logo templates to design your new logo
Since the price can be a significant setback for small businesses or businesses just getting started, it might be a good idea to turn to design platforms. Platforms like Mediamodifier, Canva, and Graphic Springs offer logo templates that can be fully customized to match your business. This is an excellent option for businesses on a budget or those who want more control over their new logo design.
3. Take a look at these Mediamodifier logo templates to get started
Remember, these are just templates; you should always play around with the colors and fonts to make them feel like they represent your company.
How to know if your new logo design is a great fit?
After you’ve finally decided on a logo, it can be tempting to hit the publish button and never look back. But before you do that, it’s essential to ensure that your new logo is the right fit for your business. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
1. Get feedback from your team
Before settling on a new logo, getting feedback from your team is essential. After all, they’re the ones who will be using the new logo every day. Furthermore, since the logo reflects your company’s values, you must ensure that everyone on your team loves it before you roll it out to your customers. If you need tips on how to present your logo, we’ve written about it here.
2. Test the new logo
Once you’ve settled on a new logo, you should test it out with your target audience. Show the new logo to a few potential customers and see how they react, or create a landing page A/B test to compare the results with your old logo. If the customers love it, you’ve got a winner!
3. Get expert feedback
If you’re still unsure if your new logo is a great fit, it might be time to get expert feedback. Ask a marketing or design professional for their honest opinion, and keep your ears open for feedback from web designers and social media experts working with your logo. If they find it hard to work with your logo, it might be time to go back to the drawing board.
Let’s sum it up!
Creating a new logo can be a big undertaking, but it’s worth it if your current logo is no longer working for you. If you’re unsure where to start, try hiring a professional designer or using an online logo design platform. And before you roll out your new logo, don’t forget to get feedback from your team and customers!
If you’ve just finished designing your logo or have more questions, let us know in the comments or write us a message on Instagram @mediamodifier!
- Mockups & Templates 21 Logo Mockup Templates Available in the Mediamodifier Generator
- Marketing Tips How to Present a Logo to a Client – 5 Useful Tips
- Marketing Tips How to Do Branding as a Small Business
- Design Tips 5 Beautiful Logo Templates That Could Be Yours Today
- Design Tips UX vs UI: Key Differences Every Designer Should Know About
- Mockups & Templates Just Arrived: 28 Awesome Glass Mug Mockup Templates
- Mockups & Templates Fantastic Brand New T-Shirt Mockups with Models
- Post Ideas 10 Inspiring Instagram Video Post Ideas for All Businesses
- Marketing Tips How To Skyrocket Business Acquisitions with Digital Signage
- Design Tips How To Create The Best Landing Pages For High Conversions
- Design Tips A Proven Guide to App Technical Optimization for More Revenue
- Marketing Tips How to Make Sure Your Marketing Showcases Authentic Use Cases
- Mockups & Templates 16 Stunning Fresh T-Shirt Mockups With Male Models
- Marketing Tips How to Use Product Mockups in Your Marketing Strategy
- Mockups & Templates Real Estate Mockups & Templates: The Best in the Business
- Mockups & Templates 27 Brand New Button Mockups For Quick Previews
- Design Tips The Fundamentals of Incorporating Closed Captions in UX Design
- Marketing Tips 5 Proven Ways Online Mockups Help Emails Stand Out
- Design Tips The Best Guide To Successful Parental Control Design
- Marketing Tips 4 Helpful And Creative Offline Advertisingn Techniques That Stand Out
- Marketing Tips The Best 26 Video Editing Software for Marketers to Use in 2023
- Mockups & Templates Brand New Gift Tag Mockups For Innovative And Realistic Previews
- Mockups & Templates 13 Buyer Persona Templates That Will Make Your Life Easier
- Mockups & Templates How To Easily Create A Clothing Size Chart + 14 Templates
- Mockups & Templates New iPhone App Mockups: 8 Vibrant Digital Marketing Banners
- Marketing Tips Best LinkedIn Image and Video Size in 2023
- Mockups & Templates 13 New Rollup Mockup Templates Exclusive To Mediamodifier
- Mockups & Templates 11 New Fantastic Packaging Label Templates To Impress Your Customers
- Marketing Tips 10 Reasons To Pay For Professional Mockups
- Marketing Tips How to Sell Digital Downloads on Etsy – The Ultimate Guide
- Mockups & Templates Maximize Customer Loyalty with 12 Awesome Customizable Reward Card Templates
- Marketing Tips Introducing The Guest Post Guidelines For Mediamodifier Blog
- Mockups & Templates 10 New Logo Templates You Can Use For Your Print Company
- Design Tips The Best 7 Colors to Use for Your Social Media Posts in 2023
- Marketing Tips 4 Useful Tactics That Will Boost Your Website’s Conversion Rates
- Tutorials How to Request a Custom Mockup
- Marketing Tips The BEST Marketing Calendar 2023 + 12 FREE Post Templates
- Marketing Tips The Complete Guide To Image Licenses In Marketing
- Mockups & Templates 10 Awesome Christmas Mockup Templates For Last Minute Marketing
- Marketing Tips Video Ads 101: Do They Work, and How To Use Them?
- Mockups & Templates 16 Corporate Stationery Mockup Templates For Beautiful Previews
- Blog 5 of the Best Design and Mockups Affiliate Programs Compared
- Mockups & Templates 10 TV Mockup Templates For Quick Marketing Images
- Mockups & Templates Free Neon Backgrounds with Instant Download
- Mockups & Templates Must Try: 9 Volatile and Practical Collage Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips What Is an Employer Branding Specialist, and Do You Need One?
- Design Tips Turn Boring Photos into Artwork with PNG Shadows (50 Free Overlays)
- Mockups & Templates 16 Incredibly Useful Print Mockup Templates For POD Businesses
- Design Tips 40 Free Organic SVG Backgrounds From Mediamodifier
- Blog Affiliate Marketing Trends to Keep an Eye on in 2023 | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates The 9 Best 3D Browser Mockups for Previewing Your Website
- Mockups & Templates 10 Clothing Mockups With Models You Should Use For Your Online Business
- Mockups & Templates What Does Mockup Mean? – A Beginner’s Guide to Mockups
- Tutorials Mockup API – The Complete Guide
- Blog TikTok & The Music Industry: The Impact of Viral Content
- Blog 3 Tips to Improve the Quality of a Mockup
- Mockups & Templates 15 Greeting Card Mockups With Flowers
- Mockups & Templates 10 Most Popular Website Screen Browser Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips 4 Failproof Ways To Make Money on TikTok
- Mockups & Templates 11 Beautiful Poster Mockups To Preview Your Designs and Artwork
- Blog Best Types of Affiliate Marketing Content | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 11 Business Card Mockups For Quick Professional Previews
- Design Tips Can AI Generate a Product Mockup? We Tested All the Tools to Find Out!
- Mockups & Templates Free Podium Backgrounds for a Stunning Product Showcase
- Mockups & Templates iPhone 14 Mockup Templates With Colorful Backgrounds
- News New Feature: Edit Brightness/Contrast of a Mockup Layer
- Mockups & Templates 6 Loungewear Mockup Templates to Showcase Your Apparel Designs
- Tutorials How to Change the Instagram Story Default Background
- Mockups & Templates 21 Logo Mockup Templates Available in the Mediamodifier Generator
- Mockups & Templates 14 Professional Samsung Galaxy Fold Mockup Templates
- Design Tips How to Add Animated GIF to an Image
- Mockups & Templates 33 Beautiful Blanket Mockup Templates to Use Right Now
- Marketing Tips How to Present a Logo to a Client – 5 Useful Tips
- Blog Tips to Achieve Affiliate Marketing Success | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 Quiz Templates for Instagram Stories to Boost Your Engagement Fast
- Tutorials How to Use the Mediamodifier Mockup Generator for Free
- News Now Is The Best Time to Invest in Mediamodifier
- Blog How to Get Started with Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- News 6 Instagram Updates You Need to Know About – July 2022
- Blog What is Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 FREE Social Media Templates to Celebrate Pride Month
- Marketing Tips The Marketing Budgets of Big Companies
- Tutorials How to Add a Screenshot to a Computer Screen Stock Photo
- Marketing Tips The Secret to Promoting Your Product with Models
- Design Tips How to Create an Infographic Online With Mediamodifier
- News You Can Now Download SVG Vector Illustration Sets From Mediamodifier
- NFT NFTs: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Blog 8 Tools to Help You Become More Organized, From a Very Unorganized Person
- Design Tips Need Some Font Inspiration? Try These 5 Fonts Available on Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips 6 Websites That Will Make It Easier to Stay on Track When Working From Home
- Marketing Tips Make Your Work Easier With These 10 Productivity Tools
- Mockups & Templates How and Why to Use Client Testimonials + 5 Free Templates
- Tutorials How to Make an Online Invoice With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips Case Study: This User Creates Etsy Listings In Seconds With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips The Best POD Tools for a Successful Print-On-Demand Business
- Marketing Tips Case Study: Etsy Star Seller Increased Their Production Speed by 90% With Our Tool
- Design Tips Improve Design Skills With These 6 Projects
- NFT A Look Into the Future of NFT: What Will the Space Look Like in 10 Years?
- Mockups & Templates 10 Easter Instagram Post Templates That You Can Publish in Seconds
- News Spring Sale: Mediamodifier PRO Annual Plan Now 50% Off!
- Marketing Tips Use These Social Media Job Post Templates to Attract the Best Talent
- Marketing Tips 6 TED Talks That All Marketing Students Should Watch
- Marketing Tips 4 Elon Musk Marketing Tips You Could Apply Today
- Marketing Tips April Fools’ Day Marketing Ideas: 4 Brilliant Ideas [Updated 2023]
- Design Tips The Ultimate Design Cheat Sheet for Students
- News New Feature: Mediamodifier Team Accounts Plan
- Mockups & Templates How to Design a LinkedIn Banner for Your Profile
- Blog Introducing the New Mediamodifier Website
- Marketing Tips 5 Ways Mockups Are The Eco-Friendly Marketing Tools of the Future
- News New Feature: SVG Illustrations Inside the Mediamodifier Design Editor
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips to Get More Clients for Your Small Business
- Marketing Tips 5 of the Best Marketing TikTok Pages to Follow for Inspiration and Advice
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Social Media Posts Without Publishing Them
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips for Taking Better Product Photos
- Design Tips 5 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Used to Be Designers
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in March 2023
- Design Tips 8 Design Tips for Making a Good Concept Even Better
- Marketing Tips 5 Common Misconceptions About Social Media Managers
- Marketing Tips Improve Your Content With These 7 Tools For Small Businesses
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Product Packaging Online (Mockup Tool Tutorial)
- Design Tips 5 Principles of Psychology You Can Use to Improve A Design
- Marketing Tips 3 Smart Valentine’s Day Marketing Ideas To Promote Your Business
- News Why You Should Use This WordPress PoD Plugin for Your Store
- Mockups & Templates 20 Valentine’s Day Card Templates (That You Can Use Right Now)
- NFT 3 Reasons to Use an NFT Maker
- Marketing Tips Print on Demand: 6 Easy Steps to Start a Profitable Side Business
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in February 2023
- News This New Feature Makes It Even Easier To Use Our Mockup Editor
- Marketing Tips 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Marketing Budget
- Marketing Tips Starting a Small Business? 5 Things You’re Forgetting to Do
- NFT How to Use the Mediamodifier NFT Maker
- Mockups & Templates Boost Your Engagement: 9 Instagram Story Ideas
- Design Tips The Best 5 Colors to Use for Your Social Media in 2022
- Marketing Tips Ultimate Social Media Size Guide [Updated July 2022]
- Showroom Modern Logo on Floating Golf T-Shirt Mockup
- Showroom Logo on Professional Polo T-Shirt Mockup Generator
- Showroom Simple Logo on Isolated Golf T-Shirt Mockup
- Showroom Illustrated Design on Minimalist Golf T-Shirt Mockup Generator
- Showroom Simple Logo on Classic Golf T-Shirt Mockup Generator
- Showroom Diamond Logo Design on Display of a Golf T-Shirt Mockup