Employer branding refers to how you market your company to new hires and current employees. Your workers’ perceptions of you as an employer are essential to this type of branding.
Due to this, many brands have recently started putting more thought and attention into creating the perfect way to market themselves as employers, so much so that a whole new position has been designed for it.
Employers have reputations whether they put effort into it or not – so it’s good to take control of it and make yours a good one. Keep reading to find out how.
Why should you care about employer branding?
The importance of employer branding cannot be overstated. Recent studies found that your costs-per-hire can be lowered with a good employer brand, and you can even reduce employee turnover by 28%.
In addition, companies that actively manage their employer brand are more likely to attract active job seekers. Recruiting top talent is easier when your employer brand is strong, and these workers will also likely stay with you for longer if your employer brand is positive.
Do you need an employer branding specialist?
Nobody knows your company as well as you do. Therefore, you can do this job yourself or add it as a responsibility under the existing marketing department; alternatively, you can hire a specialist or reach out to third parties such as agencies or freelancers.
But do you even need a specialist? That depends on whether or not you are hiring actively.
At its core, employer branding’s focus should be getting good people to work for you. While using these strategies to strengthen existing workers’ perceptions of you is always helpful, hiring a specialist is only necessary if you plan to interview and employ new workers monthly.
Employer branding specialists are helpful because they will take on a few responsibilities.
They will develop and implement marketing strategies that suit a company’s brand identity. Brand identities help companies communicate their values with current and future employees by creating a positive reputation.
Moreover, specialists know how to present a company’s image to the public. Businesses use marketing strategies to communicate their brand to their target audiences, which can help them gain and retain both customers and workers. In addition to improving marketing, effective employer branding can also enable enterprises to increase profits.
However, it is critical never to do it for branding reasons only. A performative display of valuing people without caring for employees is unethical and will ultimately fail all its purposes. Pretending to have workers’ best interests at heart without following through on your promises will generate a bad reputation that is hard to wipe away, even with the best marketing.
What are some ways to improve your employer branding?
Everything you do for your employees will improve your employer branding. However, this is a concise summary of how you can get started:
1. Define your company’s perks. This can include:
- Company values
- Management style
- Career paths
- Work-life balance
- On-site perks
- and more.
2. Satisfy current employees
As previously mentioned, keeping your current workers happy will do a tremendous job crafting a good organic employer brand. You want your workers to spread the word about how great it is to work for you. For that, make sure your employees will be happy in your company from day one by making them feel properly welcomed, providing them with a welcome kit, introducing them to their coworkers, and including them in your discussions.
Additionally, you will get talent that sticks around longer by delivering on your promises when interviewing candidates.
3. Write attractive job descriptions
A good job description should mention all the points from step 1 and offer concrete examples, such as employee testimonials, pictures from the office, and helpful information regarding compensation and benefits. These are all essential for attracting candidates. To make it easier, you can create a dedicated landing page on your website that focuses on selling your company as the dream workplace.
It’s that simple
In conclusion, it is easy to start crafting your employer branding yourself, even today.
However, that does not mean that a specialist is not needed. If you are ready to offer this position to someone, they will be able to gather all the necessary information to carefully market your company as the perfect workplace and target the exact people you want to hire.
- Mockups & Templates Just Arrived: 28 Awesome Glass Mug Mockup Templates
- Mockups & Templates Fantastic Brand New T-Shirt Mockups with Models
- Post Ideas 10 Inspiring Instagram Video Post Ideas for All Businesses
- Marketing Tips How To Skyrocket Business Acquisitions with Digital Signage
- Design Tips How To Create The Best Landing Pages For High Conversions
- Design Tips A Proven Guide to App Technical Optimization for More Revenue
- Marketing Tips How to Make Sure Your Marketing Showcases Authentic Use Cases
- Mockups & Templates 16 Stunning Fresh T-Shirt Mockups With Male Models
- Marketing Tips How to Use Product Mockups in Your Marketing Strategy
- Mockups & Templates Real Estate Mockups & Templates: The Best in the Business
- Mockups & Templates 27 Brand New Button Mockups For Quick Previews
- Design Tips The Fundamentals of Incorporating Closed Captions in UX Design
- Marketing Tips 5 Proven Ways Online Mockups Help Emails Stand Out
- Design Tips The Best Guide To Successful Parental Control Design
- Marketing Tips 4 Helpful And Creative Offline Advertisingn Techniques That Stand Out
- Marketing Tips The Best 26 Video Editing Software for Marketers to Use in 2023
- Mockups & Templates Brand New Gift Tag Mockups For Innovative And Realistic Previews
- Mockups & Templates 13 Buyer Persona Templates That Will Make Your Life Easier
- Mockups & Templates How To Easily Create A Clothing Size Chart + 14 Templates
- Mockups & Templates New iPhone App Mockups: 8 Vibrant Digital Marketing Banners
- Marketing Tips Best LinkedIn Image and Video Size in 2023
- Mockups & Templates 13 New Rollup Mockup Templates Exclusive To Mediamodifier
- Mockups & Templates 11 New Fantastic Packaging Label Templates To Impress Your Customers
- Marketing Tips 10 Reasons To Pay For Professional Mockups
- Marketing Tips How to Sell Digital Downloads on Etsy – The Ultimate Guide
- Mockups & Templates Maximize Customer Loyalty with 12 Awesome Customizable Reward Card Templates
- Marketing Tips Introducing The Guest Post Guidelines For Mediamodifier Blog
- Mockups & Templates 10 New Logo Templates You Can Use For Your Print Company
- Design Tips The Best 7 Colors to Use for Your Social Media Posts in 2023
- Marketing Tips 4 Useful Tactics That Will Boost Your Website’s Conversion Rates
- Tutorials How to Request a Custom Mockup
- Marketing Tips The BEST Marketing Calendar 2023 + 12 FREE Post Templates
- Marketing Tips The Complete Guide To Image Licenses In Marketing
- Mockups & Templates 10 Awesome Christmas Mockup Templates For Last Minute Marketing
- Marketing Tips Video Ads 101: Do They Work, and How To Use Them?
- Mockups & Templates 16 Corporate Stationery Mockup Templates For Beautiful Previews
- Blog 5 of the Best Design and Mockups Affiliate Programs Compared
- Mockups & Templates 10 TV Mockup Templates For Quick Marketing Images
- Mockups & Templates Free Neon Backgrounds with Instant Download
- Mockups & Templates Must Try: 9 Volatile and Practical Collage Mockup Templates
- Design Tips Turn Boring Photos into Artwork with PNG Shadows (50 Free Overlays)
- Mockups & Templates 16 Incredibly Useful Print Mockup Templates For POD Businesses
- Design Tips 40 Free Organic SVG Backgrounds From Mediamodifier
- Blog Affiliate Marketing Trends to Keep an Eye on in 2023 | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates The 9 Best 3D Browser Mockups for Previewing Your Website
- Mockups & Templates 10 Clothing Mockups With Models You Should Use For Your Online Business
- Mockups & Templates What Does Mockup Mean? – A Beginner’s Guide to Mockups
- Tutorials Mockup API – The Complete Guide
- Blog TikTok & The Music Industry: The Impact of Viral Content
- Blog 3 Tips to Improve the Quality of a Mockup
- Mockups & Templates 15 Greeting Card Mockups With Flowers
- Mockups & Templates 10 Most Popular Website Screen Browser Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips 4 Failproof Ways To Make Money on TikTok
- Mockups & Templates 11 Beautiful Poster Mockups To Preview Your Designs and Artwork
- Blog Best Types of Affiliate Marketing Content | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 11 Business Card Mockups For Quick Professional Previews
- Design Tips Can AI Generate a Product Mockup? We Tested All the Tools to Find Out!
- Mockups & Templates Free Podium Backgrounds for a Stunning Product Showcase
- Blog Logo Design 101: 5 Reasons You Need a New One and How to Nail It
- Mockups & Templates iPhone 14 Mockup Templates With Colorful Backgrounds
- News New Feature: Edit Brightness/Contrast of a Mockup Layer
- Mockups & Templates 6 Loungewear Mockup Templates to Showcase Your Apparel Designs
- Tutorials How to Change the Instagram Story Default Background
- Mockups & Templates 21 Logo Mockup Templates Available in the Mediamodifier Generator
- Mockups & Templates 14 Professional Samsung Galaxy Fold Mockup Templates
- Design Tips How to Add Animated GIF to an Image
- Mockups & Templates 33 Beautiful Blanket Mockup Templates to Use Right Now
- Marketing Tips How to Present a Logo to a Client – 5 Useful Tips
- Blog Tips to Achieve Affiliate Marketing Success | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 Quiz Templates for Instagram Stories to Boost Your Engagement Fast
- Tutorials How to Use the Mediamodifier Mockup Generator for Free
- News Now Is The Best Time to Invest in Mediamodifier
- Blog How to Get Started with Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- News 6 Instagram Updates You Need to Know About – July 2022
- Blog What is Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 FREE Social Media Templates to Celebrate Pride Month
- Marketing Tips The Marketing Budgets of Big Companies
- Tutorials How to Add a Screenshot to a Computer Screen Stock Photo
- Marketing Tips The Secret to Promoting Your Product with Models
- Design Tips How to Create an Infographic Online With Mediamodifier
- News You Can Now Download SVG Vector Illustration Sets From Mediamodifier
- NFT NFTs: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Blog 8 Tools to Help You Become More Organized, From a Very Unorganized Person
- Design Tips Need Some Font Inspiration? Try These 5 Fonts Available on Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips 6 Websites That Will Make It Easier to Stay on Track When Working From Home
- Marketing Tips Make Your Work Easier With These 10 Productivity Tools
- Mockups & Templates How and Why to Use Client Testimonials + 5 Free Templates
- Tutorials How to Make an Online Invoice With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips Case Study: This User Creates Etsy Listings In Seconds With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips The Best POD Tools for a Successful Print-On-Demand Business
- Marketing Tips Case Study: Etsy Star Seller Increased Their Production Speed by 90% With Our Tool
- Design Tips Improve Design Skills With These 6 Projects
- NFT A Look Into the Future of NFT: What Will the Space Look Like in 10 Years?
- Mockups & Templates 10 Easter Instagram Post Templates That You Can Publish in Seconds
- News Spring Sale: Mediamodifier PRO Annual Plan Now 50% Off!
- Marketing Tips Use These Social Media Job Post Templates to Attract the Best Talent
- Marketing Tips 6 TED Talks That All Marketing Students Should Watch
- Marketing Tips 4 Elon Musk Marketing Tips You Could Apply Today
- Marketing Tips April Fools’ Day Marketing Ideas: 4 Brilliant Ideas [Updated 2023]
- Design Tips The Ultimate Design Cheat Sheet for Students
- News New Feature: Mediamodifier Team Accounts Plan
- Mockups & Templates How to Design a LinkedIn Banner for Your Profile
- Blog Introducing the New Mediamodifier Website
- Marketing Tips 5 Ways Mockups Are The Eco-Friendly Marketing Tools of the Future
- News New Feature: SVG Illustrations Inside the Mediamodifier Design Editor
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips to Get More Clients for Your Small Business
- Marketing Tips 5 of the Best Marketing TikTok Pages to Follow for Inspiration and Advice
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Social Media Posts Without Publishing Them
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips for Taking Better Product Photos
- Design Tips 5 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Used to Be Designers
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in March 2023
- Design Tips 8 Design Tips for Making a Good Concept Even Better
- Marketing Tips 5 Common Misconceptions About Social Media Managers
- Marketing Tips Improve Your Content With These 7 Tools For Small Businesses
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Product Packaging Online (Mockup Tool Tutorial)
- Design Tips 5 Principles of Psychology You Can Use to Improve A Design
- Marketing Tips 3 Smart Valentine’s Day Marketing Ideas To Promote Your Business
- News Why You Should Use This WordPress PoD Plugin for Your Store
- Mockups & Templates 20 Valentine’s Day Card Templates (That You Can Use Right Now)
- NFT 3 Reasons to Use an NFT Maker
- Marketing Tips Print on Demand: 6 Easy Steps to Start a Profitable Side Business
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in February 2023
- News This New Feature Makes It Even Easier To Use Our Mockup Editor
- Marketing Tips 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Marketing Budget
- Marketing Tips Starting a Small Business? 5 Things You’re Forgetting to Do
- NFT How to Use the Mediamodifier NFT Maker
- Mockups & Templates Boost Your Engagement: 9 Instagram Story Ideas
- Design Tips The Best 5 Colors to Use for Your Social Media in 2022
- Marketing Tips Ultimate Social Media Size Guide [Updated July 2022]
- Showroom Modern Logo on Floating Golf T-Shirt Mockup
- Showroom Logo on Professional Polo T-Shirt Mockup Generator
- Showroom Simple Logo on Isolated Golf T-Shirt Mockup
- Showroom Illustrated Design on Minimalist Golf T-Shirt Mockup Generator
- Showroom Simple Logo on Classic Golf T-Shirt Mockup Generator
- Showroom Diamond Logo Design on Display of a Golf T-Shirt Mockup