Instagram may have started as a no-explanation-needed way of showcasing your personal images but has grown into a social media with maximum potential for your brand’s promotion.
With over a billion users, the market of Instagram is a honeypot for businesses to get the word out and reach out to potential consumers. The platform is a driving force for a startup company to put its brand on display for their potential customers to see.
Gone are the days when people posted simple pictures on their Insta feed. Today, Instagram is full of classy, polished images meant to attract like-minded individuals who can contribute to your brand.
As if the home page weren’t enough to garner enough attention, the Insta stories are a great way to engage with your audience and truly connect with your followers.
What are Instagram stories?
Instagram stories are meant for users to post media such as pictures or videos, which will only stay up for 24 hours. After the 24 hours are over, these stories disappear, one of the key features of Snapchat, that Instagram probably got inspiration from.
Instagram stories are an excellent way for your voice to be recognized and heard by your potential consumers.
Here are the top ways in which you can utilize Instagram stories to get more followers and, in the long run, more business.
1. Get Creative 💡
The only way for you to truly stand out is by being authentically creative. While posting content for Insta stories, make sure that the content, photo, and video, has been shot in portrait mode.
You may not need to edit your pictures as much you would for your Insta feed, but posting well-polished images on stories can still be a great way to attract the audience.
You could seek help from professionals to polish your pictures. It is always good to let the professionals take over if you think you might not be able to do a good enough job.
2. Schedule Your Content 📅
Whether you’re posting content on your Insta feed or stories, the most important thing is to be active. The audience loses interest in you quickly if you can’t keep offering high-quality and engaging content on your feed. Most brands lose out on their followers due to inactivity.
It is best to schedule your content beforehand, so you know what to post and at what time. You can always rely on the statistics provided by Instagram to see when you get the maximum engagement and understand what kind of content your audience loves the most, based on their reaction.
3. Keep True to Your Brand Voice 🕬
Ensure that you’re communicating effectively through your media with your consumers while keeping the brand’s identity intact.
One of the top ways to get your story on the explore page is to create consistent content. Some ways to keep the consistency is by using the same color scheme for every content you share and using similar fonts for your texts.
You could also rely on some apps that can provide templates for you to create customized stories. It is best to share media that is pertinent to your brand, and that adds to your brand’s voice.
4. Use Hashtags #️⃣
The use of hashtags is a great way to highlight your brand’s voice and niche and tap into your potential followers.
It’s best to tag your content with relevant hashtags as it can help make your post visible to various users, other than your followers.
There are several top hashtags that people use daily, but you can get creative and make your own. Including several relevant hashtags means more people will see your post and, hopefully, follow your account.
5. Use the Instagram Stories Polls 🙋
Stories are generally of two types: one with passive views or with active engagement. Using the Instagram Stories polls is a great way to engage with your audience while being privy to their choices to decide on your next move.
Your question’s primary responses can be Yes/No, but you can modify the options to include something more definitive and engaging.
Users can benefit from different kinds of polls that include a sliding emoji that lets the user know how much the audience loved the content, a quiz with multiple choice answers for the viewer to choose from, and a question sticker with two different options to choose from.
All three polls can be used at different times and can help you understand your audience better.
6. Partner-up with Other Businesses 🤝🏻
Partnering with other businesses is a great way to tap into their consumers and let them tap into yours.
You could seek out other complementary companies that would mesh well with your brand. For instance, if your brand is focused on makeup, you could partner with another business that focuses on skincare.
Both of you could profit from such a partnership, and your followers could benefit from the collaboration as well.
7. Make Announcements 📰
Stories are a great way of letting your audience know of any upcoming event. For instance, you could inform them of a one-day-only sale through your Instagram story. Any potential customer who missed out on the announcement would then actively wait for the next one.
8. Post a Behind-the-Scenes Video 🎬
Sometimes, you could give your viewers a sneak-peek into what happens behind the scene for your finished product to get to the consumer’s hands. Such videos help make the audience feel like they have access to otherwise exclusive content.
Adding personalization to your brand is one of the best ways to engage with your audience. Brands, such as Happy Socks, often utilize this technique to add a human touch to their brand.
9. Add a Call to Action 👈
Lastly, make sure to include a call to action so your potential consumers can take the next step. It is easy to incorporate a link to your business site along with a CTA in your Insta story.
You could add some popular CTAs such as ‘Learn more’ or ‘Shop now.’ To let people visit your site, you could add the CTA’ Swipe up’, which will automatically route the users to your site. However, you need to have at least 10,000 followers for this feature to work.
Many brands have successfully marketed themselves through Instagram, and so can you. By focusing on the quality of content and posting at least one media per day, a startup can quickly gain followers and potential customers.
- Marketing Tips How to Sell Digital Downloads on Etsy – The Ultimate Guide
- Marketing Tips Introducing The Guest Post Guidelines For Mediamodifier Blog
- Mockups & Templates 10 New Logo Templates You Can Use For Your Print Company
- Design Tips The Best 7 Colors to Use for Your Social Media Posts in 2023
- Marketing Tips 4 Useful Tactics That Will Boost Your Website’s Conversion Rates
- Tutorials How to Request a Custom Mediamodifier Mockup
- Marketing Tips The BEST Marketing Calendar 2023 + 12 FREE Post Templates
- Marketing Tips The Complete Guide To Image Licenses In Marketing
- Mockups & Templates 10 Awesome Christmas Mockup Templates For Last Minute Marketing
- Marketing Tips Video Ads 101: Do They Work, and How To Use Them?
- Mockups & Templates 16 Corporate Stationery Mockup Templates For Beautiful Previews
- Blog 5 of the Best Design and Mockups Affiliate Programs Compared
- Mockups & Templates 10 TV Mockup Templates For Quick Marketing Images
- Mockups & Templates Free Neon Backgrounds with Instant Download
- Mockups & Templates Must Try: 9 Volatile and Practical Collage Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips What Is an Employer Branding Specialist, and Do You Need One?
- Design Tips Turn Boring Photos into Artwork with PNG Shadows (50 Free Overlays)
- Mockups & Templates 16 Incredibly Useful Print Mockup Templates For POD Businesses
- Design Tips 40 Free Organic SVG Backgrounds From Mediamodifier
- Blog Affiliate Marketing Trends to Keep an Eye on in 2023 | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates The 9 Best 3D Browser Mockups for Previewing Your Website
- Mockups & Templates 10 Clothing Mockups With Models You Should Use For Your Online Business
- Mockups & Templates What Does Mockup Mean? – A Beginner’s Guide to Mockups
- Tutorials Mockup API – The Complete Guide
- Blog TikTok & The Music Industry: The Impact of Viral Content
- Blog 3 Tips to Improve the Quality of a Mockup
- Mockups & Templates 15 Greeting Card Mockups With Flowers
- Mockups & Templates 10 Most Popular Website Screen Browser Mockup Templates
- Marketing Tips 4 Failproof Ways To Make Money on TikTok
- Mockups & Templates 11 Beautiful Poster Mockups To Preview Your Designs and Artwork
- Blog Best Types of Affiliate Marketing Content | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 11 Business Card Mockups For Quick Professional Previews
- Design Tips Can AI Generate a Product Mockup? We Tested All the Tools to Find Out!
- Mockups & Templates Free Podium Backgrounds for a Stunning Product Showcase
- Blog Logo Design 101: 5 Reasons You Need a New One and How to Nail It
- Mockups & Templates iPhone 14 Mockup Templates With Colorful Backgrounds
- News New Feature: Edit Brightness/Contrast of a Mockup Layer
- Mockups & Templates 6 Loungewear Mockup Templates to Showcase Your Apparel Designs
- Tutorials How to Change the Instagram Story Default Background
- Mockups & Templates 21 Logo Mockup Templates Available in the Mediamodifier Generator
- Mockups & Templates 14 Professional Samsung Galaxy Fold Mockup Templates
- Design Tips How to Add Animated GIF to an Image
- Mockups & Templates 33 Beautiful Blanket Mockup Templates to Use Right Now
- Marketing Tips How to Present a Logo to a Client – 5 Useful Tips
- Blog Tips to Achieve Affiliate Marketing Success | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 Quiz Templates for Instagram Stories to Boost Your Engagement Fast
- Tutorials How to Use the Mediamodifier Mockup Generator for Free
- News Now Is The Best Time to Invest in Mediamodifier
- Blog How to Get Started with Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- News 6 Instagram Updates You Need to Know About – July 2022
- Blog What is Affiliate Marketing | Affiliate Marketing 101
- Mockups & Templates 5 FREE Social Media Templates to Celebrate Pride Month
- Marketing Tips The Marketing Budgets of Big Companies
- Tutorials How to Add a Screenshot to a Computer Screen Stock Photo
- Marketing Tips The Secret to Promoting Your Product with Models
- Design Tips How to Create an Infographic Online With Mediamodifier
- News You Can Now Download SVG Vector Illustration Sets From Mediamodifier
- NFT NFTs: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Blog 8 Tools to Help You Become More Organized, From a Very Unorganized Person
- Design Tips Need Some Font Inspiration? Try These 5 Fonts Available on Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips 6 Websites That Will Make It Easier to Stay on Track When Working From Home
- Marketing Tips Make Your Work Easier With These 10 Productivity Tools
- Mockups & Templates How and Why to Use Client Testimonials + 5 Free Templates
- Tutorials How to Make an Online Invoice With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips Case Study: This User Creates Etsy Listings In Seconds With Mediamodifier
- Marketing Tips The Best POD Tools for a Successful Print-On-Demand Business
- Marketing Tips Case Study: Etsy Star Seller Increased Their Production Speed by 90% With Our Tool
- Design Tips Improve Design Skills With These 6 Projects
- NFT A Look Into the Future of NFT: What Will the Space Look Like in 10 Years?
- Mockups & Templates 10 Easter Instagram Post Templates That You Can Publish in Seconds
- News Spring Sale: Mediamodifier PRO Annual Plan Now 50% Off!
- Marketing Tips Use These Social Media Job Post Templates to Attract the Best Talent
- Marketing Tips 6 TED Talks That All Marketing Students Should Watch
- Marketing Tips 4 Elon Musk Marketing Tips You Could Apply Today
- Marketing Tips April Fools’ Day Marketing Ideas: 4 Brilliant Ideas for 2022
- Design Tips The Ultimate Design Cheat Sheet for Students
- News New Feature: Mediamodifier Team Accounts Plan
- Mockups & Templates How to Design a LinkedIn Banner for Your Profile
- Blog Introducing the New Mediamodifier Website
- Marketing Tips 5 Ways Mockups Are The Eco-Friendly Marketing Tools of the Future
- News New Feature: SVG Illustrations Inside the Mediamodifier Design Editor
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips to Get More Clients for Your Small Business
- Marketing Tips 5 of the Best Marketing TikTok Pages to Follow for Inspiration and Advice
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Social Media Posts Without Publishing Them
- Marketing Tips 6 Tips for Taking Better Product Photos
- Design Tips 5 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Used to Be Designers
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in March 2022
- Design Tips 8 Design Tips for Making a Good Concept Even Better
- Marketing Tips 5 Common Misconceptions About Social Media Managers
- Marketing Tips Improve Your Content With These 6 Tools For Small Businesses
- Mockups & Templates How to Preview Product Packaging Online (Mockup Tool Tutorial)
- Design Tips 5 Principles of Psychology You Can Use to Improve A Design
- Marketing Tips 3 Smart Valentine’s Day Marketing Ideas To Promote Your Business
- News Why You Should Use This WordPress PoD Plugin for Your Store
- Mockups & Templates 20 Valentine’s Day Card Templates (That You Can Use Right Now)
- NFT 3 Reasons to Use an NFT Maker
- Marketing Tips Print on Demand: 6 Easy Steps to Start a Profitable Side Business
- Post Ideas 10 Post Ideas for Social Media in February 2022
- News This New Feature Makes It Even Easier To Use Our Mockup Editor
- Marketing Tips 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Marketing Budget
- Marketing Tips Starting a Small Business? 5 Things You’re Forgetting to Do
- NFT How to Use the Mediamodifier NFT Maker
- Mockups & Templates Boost Your Engagement: 9 Instagram Story Ideas
- Design Tips The Best 5 Colors to Use for Your Social Media in 2022
- Marketing Tips Ultimate Social Media Size Guide [Updated July 2022]
- Showroom iPhone Mockup Held in a Hand in Open Area
- Showroom iPhone 14 with AirPods Hovering around Photoshop PSD Mockup
- Showroom iPhone 14 Pro PSD Mockup with Simple Background
- Showroom iPhone 14 App Screen Mockup with a Wall Background
- Showroom Photoshop Mockup of iPhone 14 Pro with Floating Airpods
- Showroom Mockup of a Square Wood Frame on Wall with Shadows
- Showroom TV Mounted on Wall Photoshop PSD Mockup